Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7163 7164 [7165] 7166 7167 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14381767 times)

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #107460 on: June 13, 2013, 10:17:43 am »

Welp, I just learned in some parts of the US I may be able to make a tank/armoured car.
I have to move there someday.
There's no law against owning a (disarmed) tank in the US. You just have to have enough money to buy one, get the military or a private collector to sell you one, and find a place to drive it (no tanks are even close to being street legal).

Anyway, have YMCA, Soviet March Edition.
Make was the operative word there. It would be an absolutely massive pain in the ass, but then I can say I built my very own tank. And then distribute the blueprints online. Oop! Onto the watch list I go.
Distribute them as a 3D-model so people can print their own tank? :P
No! Children will be printing tanks! People will shoot each other with tank cannons over minor disputes! It'll kill the world!
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107461 on: June 13, 2013, 10:26:52 am »

(no tanks are even close to being street legal)

The hardest part of making a tank street legal is replacing the metal treads with rubber ones.
Lights and indicators are pretty simple and could probably be done in an afternoon if you know how.

Other alterations vary by tank and locality.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107462 on: June 13, 2013, 10:28:46 am »

The hardest part of making a tank street legal is replacing the metal treads with rubber ones.
Lights and indicators are pretty simple and could probably be done in an afternoon if you know how.

Forget that man, what about the weight? Most tanks are far above maximum weight regulations and would destroy streets just by being on them.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #107463 on: June 13, 2013, 10:30:12 am »

Welp, I just learned in some parts of the US I may be able to make a tank/armoured car.
There's no law against owning a (disarmed) tank in the US. You just have to have enough money to buy one, get the military or a private collector to sell you one, and find a place to drive it (no tanks are even close to being street legal).

Make was the operative word there. It would be an absolutely massive pain in the ass, but then I can say I built my very own tank. And then distribute the blueprints online. Oop! Onto the watch list I go.
No! Children will be printing tanks! People will shoot each other with tank cannons over minor disputes! It'll kill the world!

Nonsense! Once everyone has a tank, no one will actually use theirs because of the fear of retaliation. And the world will enter a golden age of peace and prosperity that we can all proudly watch through the tiny viewport of our tanks. [/NSA Shill]

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107464 on: June 13, 2013, 10:39:25 am »

Nonsense! Once everyone has a tank, no one will actually use theirs because of the fear of retaliation. And the world will enter a golden age of peace and prosperity that we can all proudly watch through the tiny viewport of our tanks. [/NSA Shill]
Double nonsense! You must be a redneck KKK white supremacist racist nazi bigot conservative Christian fundie redneck hick who has sex with his cousin! You must want dead children!
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107465 on: June 13, 2013, 10:40:42 am »

Especially since, in my mind, Solid Snake is native to the Playstation.

...Which is wrong, since the original Metal Gear was on NES. However, he didn't have his signature Sneaking Suit back then.

Actually, the NES version was a fairly shitty port of the MSX version. Same goes for Metal Gear 2 (though that was on MSX2, which I'm not sure about for MG1).
Whoah there, cowboy. What was shitty about that port? I must say I never did play the MSX version, but apparently I did not miss that much...

Let's take a look at the different sequels to Metal Gear, shall we?
NES Version: MG2 Snake's Revenge
MSX Version: MG2 Solid Snake

The MSX version is definitely worth playing. Good music, art, and a great Metal Gear style plot (even by modern standards). It's a gem.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 10:43:35 am by Solifuge »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107466 on: June 13, 2013, 10:42:46 am »

Double nonsense! You must be a redneck KKK white supremacist racist nazi bigot conservative Christian fundie redneck hick who has sex with his cousin! You must want dead children!
Please, someone, think of the children! Do we really want to teach our kids to use tanks before they can walk? If they learn to drive a tank before they can reach the pedals properly, they'll never be as good as they should be!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107467 on: June 13, 2013, 10:49:43 am »

I'm pretty sure I've seen that anime.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107468 on: June 13, 2013, 11:00:37 am »

... and thus it came to pass that Bay12 made TankGirl happen.
This is a blank sig.

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107469 on: June 13, 2013, 11:36:53 am »

Forget that man, what about the weight? Most tanks are far above maximum weight regulations and would destroy streets just by being on them.

Actually it's not too hard to find a relatively modern American tank under 40 tons. The problem is width. So you're looking at an import, pre-WW2, or something that isn't technically a tank.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107470 on: June 13, 2013, 11:45:23 am »

Woo! I get a weeks placement at the LHC in CERN next March. Will be awesome.
This is a blank sig.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107471 on: June 13, 2013, 11:47:46 am »

You have all of my jealous. All of it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #107472 on: June 13, 2013, 11:50:45 am »

You have all of my jealous. All of it.
Seconded. Very very much seconded.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #107473 on: June 13, 2013, 11:59:06 am »

Actually it's not too hard to find a relatively modern American tank under 40 tons. The problem is width. So you're looking at an import, pre-WW2, or something that isn't technically a tank.
So a half-track?

What is the definition of "tank" we're using here?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #107474 on: June 13, 2013, 11:59:17 am »

**MonkeyHead, Physicsdwarf has pulled a lever!
The hadron is struck in the electron by a flying hadron, sending the severed particle flying off in an arc!
The hadron collides with an obstacle, exploding in a cloud of quarks and gluons!

The hadron has been struck down.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 7163 7164 [7165] 7166 7167 ... 13310