Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7165 7166 [7167] 7168 7169 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14595375 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #107490 on: June 13, 2013, 04:00:54 pm »

I got my laptop to run DVDs again! I can finally have something to do while selling my precious bodily fluids.
.....dare we ask what kind of DVDs you'd be watching?  ???

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #107491 on: June 13, 2013, 04:03:58 pm »

I got my laptop to run DVDs again! I can finally have something to do while selling my precious bodily fluids.
.....dare we ask what kind of DVDs you'd be watching?  ???

The best ones, of course.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #107492 on: June 13, 2013, 04:11:42 pm »

One of my musicians would not go to rehab....

"Hello [name], yeah hi.... How's that working out for you...? Tell her I said hello. Listen, do you still have that free nights and weekends thing on all of your phone lines where you can call all you want on nights and weekends...? You do? So if you were to say, repeatedly call somebody several times it wouldn't cost you anything during those times...? Have any plans or this weekend...? You don't? Would you like to make $20 being a jackass...? You would? Do you think you might be able to repeatedly call [phone number] and say, 'Go to rehab' then hang up...? You would?"

:)
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #107493 on: June 13, 2013, 04:13:36 pm »

Awesome >.<

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107494 on: June 13, 2013, 04:14:50 pm »

. . . I love you, Truean.  You're great.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #107495 on: June 13, 2013, 04:33:55 pm »

*Claps in awe*
It's FEF, not FEOF

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #107497 on: June 13, 2013, 04:35:52 pm »

"Hello [name], yeah hi.... How's that working out for you...? Tell her I said hello. Listen, do you still have that free nights and weekends thing on all of your phone lines where you can call all you want on nights and weekends...? You do? So if you were to say, repeatedly call somebody several times it wouldn't cost you anything during those times...? Have any plans or this weekend...? You don't? Would you like to make $20 being a jackass...? You would? Do you think you might be able to repeatedly call [phone number] and say, 'Go to rehab' then hang up...? You would?"

I woulda asked for $30.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107498 on: June 13, 2013, 05:10:27 pm »

That doesn't count as harassment?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107499 on: June 13, 2013, 05:23:08 pm »

The Supreme Court ruled that human genes can not be patented.
It *did* rule that synthetically produced DNA, something that is artificially produced, can be patented.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #107500 on: June 13, 2013, 05:26:15 pm »

What if a human with synthetic DNA breeds?
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107501 on: June 13, 2013, 05:36:42 pm »

Had the best day of sailing I've ever had today, either this year or last.  Winds were perfect.  They were strong enough that you could get to a very good speed, and the person who was holding the main sheet actually had a job to do, making sure that you had a good balance between speed and not flipping/hitting your head on the boom.  They were at just the right angle that we had to work out the proper angles to get from one point to the other, but it wasn't overly difficult (like yesterday.)  Waves were my only complaint, as they caused us to completely turtle once (Boat get's flipped completely over, versus just flipping over, which made me have to climb up onto the hull, grab the daggerboard, rock the boat until it flipped over.)  I worked very well with my partner this year, and we both learned a good bit.  Couldn't of asked for a better last day. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #107502 on: June 13, 2013, 05:43:20 pm »

What if a human with synthetic DNA breeds?
Androsynth

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #107503 on: June 13, 2013, 06:42:17 pm »

That doesn't count as harassment?

...Are you kidding me? I'm pretty sure I could outsource my bitching and that it would be fabulous. :)

Because users of illegal drugs love calling the police?

Also, really, think about that hypothetical. The police would ask why people are telling you to go to rehab, which would lead to them questioning what kinda illegal drugs you might be on. Also, a name, they're gonna wanna know who is calling. From there they can look up criminal history, open criminal court cases and drug probation statuses.... Also they might be able to look and see what court orders to go to rehab you might be under (and possibly violating by not going to rehab). Police are great at asking uncomfortable questions and light investigation....

Forgetting all of that for a second, wow, your lawyer/manager would be trying to save your life and/or keep you out of state prison for felony drug possession charges and probation violation. How horrid.... What? O my, what a terrible bother? Perhaps a cell mate would be better, I'm sure they'd leave other people in prison for 6 to 18 months alone? 

Do you realize how many people are given second chances only to spit them back in the judge's face and how that makes him feel? Also did I mention call routing is a wonderful thing?

. . . I love you, Truean.  You're great.

[Hugs] Love you too hon. Stay wonderful. :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 06:45:13 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107504 on: June 13, 2013, 06:49:56 pm »

Had a pretty interesting day doing charcoal portraits... Given that I'd never done anything like this before, I expected it to go horribly, but actually it turned out to be significantly better than I thought it would turn out (which was still pretty bad, but I think I'm satisfied with "pretty bad").

I might have to do a microblog in the creative projects subforum with all the crappy stuff I've done (which hasn't been very much so far).
Pages: 1 ... 7165 7166 [7167] 7168 7169 ... 13312