Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7186 7187 [7188] 7189 7190 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14558827 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #107805 on: June 18, 2013, 08:03:02 pm »

Jopax's sig made me happy. ._.

Because Hnnnnnng~
+1
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #107806 on: June 18, 2013, 08:05:33 pm »

Payment for summer class: $280/$2023 complete. Now let's see if I can get the rest done by the end of the summer...

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #107807 on: June 18, 2013, 08:54:14 pm »

Whooo! As of today I am officially unpaid labor!
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107808 on: June 18, 2013, 08:54:56 pm »

Whooo! As of today I am officially unpaid labor!
...Where's the happy?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107809 on: June 18, 2013, 09:05:06 pm »

Good job experience, I guess. Just kinda happy to have my first job.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107810 on: June 18, 2013, 09:29:47 pm »

Yeah, no. If it's an actual job (as opposed to you doing work for family or something) and they aren't paying you at least minimum wage (or the shit wages + tips that waitstaff and bartenders get), that's not okay (unless you're doing stuff off the books and being paid in delicious tax-free cash). You're underaged, too, so I hope it's more of a "Hey, could you help so'n'so with this for a couple days?" (or volunteer work) deal than a "Hey, you're hired," thing. If you're volunteering, be sure to get a physical log of your hours. Otherwise ask why you aren't being paid.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #107811 on: June 18, 2013, 09:31:36 pm »

In my own work-related news, I'm about to be done with my job, one way or another.  I have two written warnings and two QIP errors.  The third QIP error is another written warning.  Three written warnings is likely termination.  One of those warnings rolls off in late August, so I have to be perfect until then.  Not likely to happen.

But the happy is that a former co-worker who I am still friends with moved over to another company doing the same work a while ago.  Asked him how that's going yesterday, and he said it's great.  They actually use incentives instead of threats to motivate their employees, and generally treat them with dignity.  They don't even have a punctuality policy and give holidays off.  He's trying to help me and one other of our friends get hired over there, and I think I have a good chance.  He says he gets a nice referral bonus if they hire us.  It's funny.  Where I'm sitting right now, referring friends will only initiate favoritism investigations.  I doubt I'll enjoy the work much more than I do now, but I'd be sooooo happy just to be in an environment that isn't toxic.

And if I find another job and leave here soon, I get all my unused vacation paid out.  A month of extra pay in one big check.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 09:33:30 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107812 on: June 18, 2013, 09:33:48 pm »

Yeah, no. If it's an actual job (as opposed to you doing work for family or something) and they aren't paying you at least minimum wage (or the shit wages + tips that waitstaff and bartenders get), that's not okay (unless you're doing stuff off the books and being paid in delicious tax-free cash). You're underaged, too, so I hope it's more of a "Hey, could you help so'n'so with this for a couple days?" (or volunteer work) deal than a "Hey, you're hired," thing. If you're volunteering, be sure to get a physical log of your hours. Otherwise ask why you aren't being paid.
I was joking, it is voulnteer work until a certain age and they keep track of your hours.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107813 on: June 18, 2013, 09:42:27 pm »

That's a whole bundle of good news, SG! Best of luck making the transfer, preferably with your sanity attached. The people you work with are half of the stress or lack thereof in a job, IMO.
I wish I could say that I know how that feels, but I can't, mostly because my employer treats write-ups like candy. Supervisors will write you up for all sorts of petty crap, but nobody ever gets fired because they're desperate to hang onto any moderately competent employee who doesn't quit in disgust after a week or two.

I was joking, it is voulnteer work until a certain age and they keep track of your hours.
Ah, that's good.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107814 on: June 18, 2013, 09:43:26 pm »

Got an A+ in my hanging course grade--on poetry post-printing press.

HA.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107815 on: June 18, 2013, 11:04:55 pm »

Wolfeyez has been talking about taking me to a baseball game for my birthday. I keep telling her that she doesn't need to spend the money, because stuff like that is expensive, but I just counted out the schedules for her and two of the best pitchers in the game align: Felix Hernandez vs Justin Verlander may be a thing I see firsthand.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #107816 on: June 18, 2013, 11:29:28 pm »

That's a ways away, you know. Things could change.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107817 on: June 18, 2013, 11:43:11 pm »

That's a ways away, you know. Things could change.
Oh, I'm aware. Things will change between now and then. I'm going to get my Associate's degree. I'll be working somewhere else, probably full time. We'll be spending money on things.

Also, athletes get injured (the Tigers actually have a starting pitcher on the DL right now.) Rotations get shuffled. I get that, but damn if it isn't an exciting prospect.

Fakeedit: It is now 2am. Mariners shut the door on the Angels. Wolfeyez sat here and watched the game with me, and we both cheered at several points. :3 We...really should get dinner and go to bed.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 12:54:06 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #107818 on: June 19, 2013, 03:46:12 am »

Okay it was Irish sentences last time, now it's the Queen.

Why my country doesn't have funny stuff like that I:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #107819 on: June 19, 2013, 04:20:53 am »

Cleaning out old bookmarks from my browser I just rediscovered a band I had forgotten about. Now I am funking out as much as a whitey can possibly do. Budos Band <3
Pages: 1 ... 7186 7187 [7188] 7189 7190 ... 13312