Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7233 7234 [7235] 7236 7237 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14557819 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #108510 on: July 03, 2013, 11:38:11 pm »

Glance once, greet (smile, nod, don't do anything as appropriate), look away.  If you want to get their attention to talk to them, glance, look down, glance again, nonverbal greeting, verbal greeting.

Someone had to give me exactly those instructions once, too.  Used to look at the ground all the time to avoid this.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108511 on: July 03, 2013, 11:45:28 pm »

-snip-
I'm not quite sure what "the Council" refers to in this case, so I'm just going to assume they are a group of wizards who use their powerful magic to help people out and charge exorbitant fees to do so.

xD Oh man, oh man, that cracked me up...

See, the Council is actually just the local government for this area(Southeast Queensland, Australia). They maintain a large workforce, make inconsequential new laws, provide basic services like garbage disposal, maintenance etc, derp around accomplishing nothing and... charge exorbitant fees to do so, so that part's right. :P

The main thing they're known for, though(and the reason I found your post so amusing), is the roadworks they do, but more importantly
Spoiler: these guys. (click to show/hide)

So yeah. Imagining that derpy hat as a wizard's hat and the stop sign as a magic staff... Jeez, I'm not gonna be getting rid of that mental image any time soon. :))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108512 on: July 03, 2013, 11:48:55 pm »

-snip-
I'm not quite sure what "the Council" refers to in this case, so I'm just going to assume they are a group of wizards who use their powerful magic to help people out and charge exorbitant fees to do so.

See, the Council is actually just the local government for this area(Southeast Queensland, Australia). They maintain a large workforce, make inconsequential new laws, provide basic services like garbage disposal, maintenance etc, derp around accomplishing nothing and... charge exorbitant fees to do so, so that part's right. :P

The main thing they're known for, though(and the reason I found your post so amusing), is the roadworks they do, but more importantly

So yeah. Imagining that derpy hat as a wizard's hat and the stop sign as a magic staff... Jeez, I'm not gonna be getting rid of that mental image any time soon. :))

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS! ... Ok, you can go now."
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108513 on: July 03, 2013, 11:50:24 pm »

-snip-

That's just a cover for their wizardry. I mean would you suspect that he can throw fireballs like it's nothing?
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #108514 on: July 04, 2013, 12:06:44 am »

I've been playing Final Fantasy VII (played...a really long time ago but I lost the first disc before I finished it, so only now going to play through. They remade/ported the game so it would work on newer systems, and you can buy it for $10, which is great!)

Then I stumbled across this:
http://kotaku.com/3d-printed-final-fantasy-vii-characters-look-pretty-ama-656453862

I personally think FF7 was a bit too over-enthusiastic about the 3d.  The cinematics and pre-rendered environments were great, but they should have stuck to hand-painted/pixel art at the very least for the characters for just one more game.  I think even FF4's sprite characters are better looking than those things.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #108515 on: July 04, 2013, 12:09:48 am »

On the other hand without the derpy models a thousand fanboy fantasies may never have existed because of the complications that arose when they were modeling Tifa.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #108516 on: July 04, 2013, 12:18:11 am »

So, I was at this wedding and was feeling particularly sacrilegious...

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)

I think they left the part where Jesus flew off of the cross and scored the winning touch down out of the bible.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #108517 on: July 04, 2013, 12:50:02 am »

I went to a strip club today. Something... Interesting happened. The chick I got 'bed' dances from started talking to me the second time. Like, talking to me about really personal stuff. She said I had a 'really good energy', and talked to me about her kid and school and stuff. Apparently, no matter where I am, I put off the impression that I'm a good person to talk to about things. Which is true enough, I like to think I'm a good listener, but still, it was pretty interesting to be talking to some woman I'd never met before about her life.

... Also, I really need to write some sort of memoir or autobiography for this period of my life. The whole 'drugs and getting clean' thing might make a pretty interesting story.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #108518 on: July 04, 2013, 12:51:16 am »

*Looks at Han's sig*
It's FEF, not FEOF

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108519 on: July 04, 2013, 01:21:02 am »

I finally got an avatar after almost 4 years on the forums.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #108520 on: July 04, 2013, 01:26:03 am »

Was invited for an in-person interview to take place next week.  I think there's a very good chance now that I have less than a month left to endure this place.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108521 on: July 04, 2013, 01:44:22 am »

MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108522 on: July 04, 2013, 01:57:03 am »

Talked to the manager of the local QFC today. He said that they were looking for new employees and that I could apply online and then come in for an interview on Saturday. Kind of odd that I got an interview lined up before I applied, but hey, I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108523 on: July 04, 2013, 02:01:21 am »

Oh yeah, other happy news--I may be able to get a job as an after-school STEM tutor next semester.  One of my coworkers is helping me out with that, offered it pretty much immediately... it'd be a good opportunity, close to where I'd be taking college courses, and though it wouldn't pay well it'd be good, worthwhile work to do.

Yeah.  If I can have that job, it'll be a boon to me.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108524 on: July 04, 2013, 02:03:44 am »

Everybody gettin' jobs. Now i need to hurry up and learn how to drive so i can get a job too.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."
Pages: 1 ... 7233 7234 [7235] 7236 7237 ... 13312