Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7238 7239 [7240] 7241 7242 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14560150 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #108585 on: July 04, 2013, 11:02:35 pm »

Going to my first FNM tomorrow night and so I'm working on a sideboard, but I don't know the local meta, like, at all, so eh. Gonna be playing some Magic in meatspace soon, so it comes to net Happy.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108586 on: July 04, 2013, 11:25:11 pm »

Had a good time attending a 4th of july party that involved watching fireworks, grilling stuff on a barbecue, and playing a game of Red Dragon Inn... I was the first player out but it was a lot of fun. To watch it unfold... though now I really have to nurse my headache away.

Dear god, this woman is talented.
Them ballerinas man... I assume the guy with the eyebrows is supposed to be some kind of bad guy in this ballet?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #108587 on: July 04, 2013, 11:55:53 pm »

In an eerie counterpoint to my post in the WTF thread this morning, my co-workers and I stopped a rapist.

Okay, specifics. As our shift was ending (around midnight local time), we hear a woman screaming for help, so we run out onto the wharf. A real big guy, maybe 6'5" and 250lbs, is grabbing at this little girl whose shirt is ripped almost completely off, and at her friend. Some random woman walking her dog tries to push him away from the girl and he punches her; a few moments later the guys who were at the other end of our area force him to the ground, and the two girls (they were maybe 13-14 years old) take off running towards us. We're there for fifteen or twenty minutes, six of us holding the man down while he chants, "THE BLESSED WILL BE BLESSED" at the top of his lungs. Eventually the police roll up, an eventual total of nine Crown Vics, cuff him, taser him three or four times to no effect, knee him in the ribs and punch the side of his head, before eventually binding his arms and legs with belts and carrying him off like a parcel.

It was perhaps fortunate that the cops showed up when they did, because we had already progressed to semi-serious discussion about knocking the bastard over the head and pushing him into the river. For my part, I'm just incredibly grateful that it happened where it did (within earshot of thirty or so people), and when it did (before we had all gone home), and rather sad that we can't do anything about the mental trauma (considering that by the time our office staff were comforting them the girls had completely broken down and were crying for their mothers). Well, that and royally pissed off. That I didn't put a few more kicks into his side.

I get home and discover that a sexual predator who also happens to be a former high school teacher finally got busted when a bunch of girls came forward together. This in spite of the fact that it's been common knowledge at that school for years that he was a sleazeball that preyed on girls with low self-esteem. Naturally, parental complaints had been blocked because the councilor was his friend, and a lot of the girls were defending him.

So yeah, fucked up night, but at least it didn't end terribly.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #108588 on: July 05, 2013, 12:02:01 am »

I am starting a thing again. It'll probably take awhile to complete, but once i've sorted it all out, I'll have something worth altering my sig for. Hopefully.

But first, preparations and notes, and a playlist of touhou rock/metal to focus with.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108589 on: July 05, 2013, 12:38:25 am »

I have discovered that I am incapable of doodling.

Even if I want to just practice drawing a part of the body such as the teeth, I will inevitably draw a character to be incorporated into one of my universes. So, Gelduzmorn, say hello to Zhannochka Kosma, she actually has a name and a bit of backstory.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #108590 on: July 05, 2013, 01:25:34 am »

Is it just a firefox thing? Because I notice it has been happening to LordSlowpoke and this thread exclusively over the past week or so. I assumed it was something to do with him becoming a wizard.
My theory is that LordSlowpoke managed to annoy The One Who Lurks Behind the Walls, and seeing the text, it might prove to be the case.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108591 on: July 05, 2013, 02:42:55 am »

Even if I want to just practice drawing a part of the body such as the teeth, I will inevitably draw a character to be incorporated into one of my universes. So, Gelduzmorn, say hello to Zhannochka Kosma, she actually has a name and a bit of backstory.

Zhannochka Kosma, she of the Once Was Teeth

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #108592 on: July 05, 2013, 02:49:12 am »

Listening to the soundtrack to Journey right now.

...I think I'll replay it tomorrow.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108593 on: July 05, 2013, 03:03:01 am »

Is that what the name means? I just picked a random feminine first name and a last name.

Anyway, she's a conscripted soldier. The military she fights for has given her and the rest of the army a highly-addictive, hard-to-produce-without-proper-tools drug in order to dissuade thoughts of desertion. Side-affects of the drug are that it instills paranoia and slowly atrophies the mind. This girl had a good future ahead before she was conscripted. She used to be bright, but that was back when she was in her teens. Now, in her mid-twenties, she barely sustains a below-average intelligence. She is hateful and distrusting of even people she used to be somewhat friendly with for a long time. She is growing more and more forgetful. Hell, she barely remembers who she was before the conscription. She is past the event horizon of saving. The only two things possibly left for her are death in combat or going braindead.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #108594 on: July 05, 2013, 03:04:33 am »

Yay for dystopia!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #108595 on: July 05, 2013, 05:15:02 am »

I got 5s on every single of the three AP tests I took! :D :D :D :D

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #108596 on: July 05, 2013, 06:02:39 am »

Stayed up until 4am playing Dust: An Elysian Tail.  Been so long since I've played a game this satisfying <3

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #108597 on: July 05, 2013, 06:03:24 am »

Stayed up until 4am playing Dust: An Elysian Tail.  Been so long since I've played a game this satisfying <3
Played that for 30 seconds, and uninstalled it :)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #108598 on: July 05, 2013, 06:56:43 am »

I got 5s on every single of the three AP tests I took! :D :D :D :D

Woo! Way to be smart!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108599 on: July 05, 2013, 07:46:20 am »

Is that what the name means? I just picked a random feminine first name and a last name.

Anyway, she's a conscripted soldier. The military she fights for has given her and the rest of the army a highly-addictive, hard-to-produce-without-proper-tools drug in order to dissuade thoughts of desertion. Side-affects of the drug are that it instills paranoia and slowly atrophies the mind. This girl had a good future ahead before she was conscripted. She used to be bright, but that was back when she was in her teens. Now, in her mid-twenties, she barely sustains a below-average intelligence. She is hateful and distrusting of even people she used to be somewhat friendly with for a long time. She is growing more and more forgetful. Hell, she barely remembers who she was before the conscription. She is past the event horizon of saving. The only two things possibly left for her are death in combat or going braindead.

Nah, I just made that up because you mentioned the transition from practicing teeth to a fully fledged character.
Pages: 1 ... 7238 7239 [7240] 7241 7242 ... 13312