Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7263 7264 [7265] 7266 7267 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14556276 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #108960 on: July 09, 2013, 09:30:12 pm »

I think it's just like using transparency in an image editing program.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108961 on: July 09, 2013, 09:47:30 pm »

Think I'm picking up a tutoring job from one of my dad's coworker's kids, which will probably be another $70 every week.  Plus possibly more, if he has friends.

Also made an extra $30 today because my insane aunt demanded exact replicas of some photos she gave me a few years back, so we decided we'd pass the originals back to her and I could keep the money to pay for grad school.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108962 on: July 09, 2013, 09:48:00 pm »

My god it's a conspiracy. I have to search every post for hidden messages now.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108963 on: July 09, 2013, 09:52:05 pm »

No you don't, there isn't a secret message in every post or something.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #108964 on: July 09, 2013, 09:59:03 pm »

Be calm. The conspiracy is a lie.Also, it's quite easy to see exactly what was said if you quote whatever post you suspect and ignore all the BBCode.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #108966 on: July 09, 2013, 11:02:02 pm »

Having just watched Godzilla Final Wars I have come to a conclusion

I need to watch more kung fu movies
It's FEF, not FEOF

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108967 on: July 09, 2013, 11:13:38 pm »

So, I just finished Portal 2, and I have to say that it stands, for me, alongside MGS2 in terms of best sequels.  It was pretty much perfect.  Developed context, completely ridiculous and yet massively poignant, and did a really good job of, well, underlining the difference between "designed" and "natural" environments.  There were some quite tough puzzles and the ones that were supposed to feel familiar still had some newness to them.

I don't know.  They're fantastic bookends and, as far as I'm concerned, the series is complete.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #108968 on: July 09, 2013, 11:25:26 pm »

I also felt like Portal 2 was nearly perfect.  A few of the puzzles got a bit cumbersome to deal with (fuck it I'm going to spray goo EVERYWHERE because I DONT KNOW), but the writing and production quality was simply amazing.  Portal was a very tough title to follow up on, and they did about the best I can imagine was possible.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108969 on: July 09, 2013, 11:27:46 pm »

Transparency lets the background bleed through the object somewhat. When the transparency is set to full, there is no visible object left and it's just the background you see.

DUH. I just mean in an HTML/server-side sense. Because I don't think there's an alpha setting for font color.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108970 on: July 09, 2013, 11:31:08 pm »

Yeah, there were a few where it was like "DUDE, this should not be this fucking hard," and then I went online to check what I should be doing and indeed it was exactly what I should have been doing except for jumping like .25 seconds early or whatever.  So, you know, awesome at puzzle-solving, terrible at platforming.  Sometimes you can run up walls!  Sometimes gravity randomly changes!  Sometimes you can't run up walls!  It felt like each puzzle had one and only one solution (unlike the first Portal)!  That's poor game design.  On the other hand, the game's size was so much increased that I don't mind a couple clunkers.

But OTHERWISE... oh my god.  I really didn't think it was possible to create an interlinking this perfect.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now... time to be the Goddamn But(t)man for a while.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #108971 on: July 09, 2013, 11:47:51 pm »

Just got Fallout New Vegas. It's a big change from the last Fallout I played, which was 2.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #108972 on: July 10, 2013, 12:19:08 am »

Spacecore and Cave Johnson are the two best characters of course. Spacecore because it is a font of infinite wisdom and Cave Johnson because his particular brand of insanity/mad genius is just... Perfect. I'm surprised they didn't throw in the asbestos cigarette filters, since it sounds like the kind of scheme he would do.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108973 on: July 10, 2013, 12:20:30 am »

No no no. Fact Core is in fact the best character. This is a fact. Fact Core is also the smartest and most handsome character. Fact Core is never wrong.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #108974 on: July 10, 2013, 01:10:16 am »

Know what I just realized would be cool?
If you could play through Mass Effect again, with the same character, but with your Paragon/Renegade scores maxed so you can do what you really want.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 7263 7264 [7265] 7266 7267 ... 13312