Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7408 7409 [7410] 7411 7412 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14589821 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #111135 on: August 12, 2013, 08:03:33 pm »

engaging in picture duels that make your photoshop cry out "DOWNLOAD MORE RAM YOU FOOL" with people is greatly amusing.

good night

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #111136 on: August 12, 2013, 08:12:43 pm »

...I'm pretty sure there's a stage 4 midboss and a stage 4 boss.
Yes, but which one is which depends on your shot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, I was playing plain old boring ReimuA, so I go the guitarist. I know she's not playing a guitar, but she's still the guitarist.

I'm listening to the songs right now. Rather liking the stage 4 boss theme.

EDIT: Other themes aren't that great for a Touhou game. Still decent I guess. And I haven't unlocked the extra stage yet, so I don't know how that sounds.
Gone through on normal with SakuyaA now. As far as the music, I find with this one it grows on you. All day at work I had those earworms stuck in my head; though I didn't really care much for the first few until a few days after I first heard them.

This game definitely has more of an emphasis on chaotic danmaku than a lot of the previous ones. Even most of the boss fights are full of it. IMO, the bossfights aren't as memorable because of that; though it certainly ups the difficulty.

The music also has a distinctly more guitar/metal feel to it, which IMO fits well with the increase in chaotic danmaku.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 08:16:24 pm by alway »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #111137 on: August 12, 2013, 08:19:14 pm »

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111138 on: August 12, 2013, 08:20:39 pm »

Oh dear god

I love the internet.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111139 on: August 12, 2013, 08:25:39 pm »

Oh man. I forced a friend to DL the hammerwatch beta and play it with me. It is SO FUN but you can tell it's one of those games thats better co-op. It's also MUCH better with two different classes - for example, a warrior with a ranger behind him is way better than two warriors hitting things.

Everyone download that. Great stuff. Maybe even buy it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #111140 on: August 12, 2013, 08:26:59 pm »

Oh dear god

I love the internet.
Seconded. That wouldn't look out of place in an illustrated edition of Alice in Wonderland. Or in a collection of Gahan Wilson comics.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111142 on: August 12, 2013, 08:40:03 pm »

Oh, man. Oh man.

My friend just sent me the new episode of Breaking Bad. :o
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111143 on: August 12, 2013, 08:43:29 pm »

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #111145 on: August 12, 2013, 09:05:26 pm »

I was able to finish off that story that LW posted.

I now want a forum game where there are a few players who are standard and just standard, and all the other players are OP people who act like utter dicks, and watch as the OP people crumble thanks to their hubris.
You mean You At Final Boss?
Because that sort of happened.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111146 on: August 12, 2013, 09:08:08 pm »

Nah, Edgardo in that superpowered freeform RP.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #111147 on: August 12, 2013, 09:42:17 pm »

I now want a forum game where there are a few players who are standard and just standard, and all the other players are OP people who act like utter dicks, and watch as the OP people crumble thanks to their hubris.

You'd have to find a way to sneak the premise past the OP guys, or else they'd expect to fail and be extra on guard.

Or you could like, be meta about it, and prepare for them to be prepared to crumble due to their hubris, and include a bunch of stuff to make them paranoid.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #111148 on: August 12, 2013, 09:45:42 pm »

You'd have to find a way to sneak the premise past the OP guys, or else they'd expect to fail and be extra on guard.

Or you could like, be meta about it, and prepare for them to be prepared to crumble due to their hubris, and include a bunch of stuff to make them paranoid.
You could just have some players playing as villains. Some people actually enjoy that, and there would be less hurt feelings in the end because the players would know what they are getting into from the start.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #111149 on: August 12, 2013, 09:49:19 pm »

You could just have some players playing as villains. Some people actually enjoy that, and there would be less hurt feelings in the end because the players would know what they are getting into from the start.
I'd be happy to be one.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 7408 7409 [7410] 7411 7412 ... 13312