Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7409 7410 [7411] 7412 7413 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14538052 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #111150 on: August 12, 2013, 09:51:50 pm »

Me too.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111151 on: August 12, 2013, 10:15:13 pm »

Phoenix Wright.  This game kicks ass.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111152 on: August 12, 2013, 10:22:46 pm »

Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #111153 on: August 12, 2013, 10:36:06 pm »

I'd be happy to be one.
Me too.
There you go. And I think there might be rules for villains converting to the other side, like the Defeat Means Friendship Clause: a villain can turn to the good side, but only if they are beaten by a hero while fighting to the best of their ability.

And if a villain is really powerful, they'll run into the Redemption Equals Death Clause: the more powerful they are, the sooner they have to die. This doesn't apply for villains that are close to hero power level, but much higher and your days are numbered; if you were the BBEG or second-in-command, your lifespan is better measured in minutes or seconds.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #111154 on: August 12, 2013, 10:38:09 pm »

But Redemption Equals Death implies the villain was good at one point and actually wants redemption. ~90% of my characters are neither.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111155 on: August 12, 2013, 11:04:33 pm »

I've found where to read state statutes and laws and executive orders and information on bills in the state congress online for free. This is great!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #111156 on: August 12, 2013, 11:22:02 pm »

But Redemption Equals Death implies the villain was good at one point and actually wants redemption. ~90% of my characters are neither.
Oh, sorry, I wasn't clearer: this rule would only apply to villains that intended to turn good. If you stay evil as a powerful villain, you'd live for as long as you weren't killed by a hero.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #111157 on: August 12, 2013, 11:23:07 pm »

Oh, sorry, I wasn't clearer: this rule would only apply to villains that intended to turn good. If you stay evil as a powerful villain, you'd live for as long as you weren't killed by a hero.
Ah, okay.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #111158 on: August 12, 2013, 11:23:40 pm »

Starting now, the long weekend begins. Thanks to some judicious application of two vacation days, I have the next 6 days off. Time to get shit done.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111159 on: August 12, 2013, 11:27:20 pm »

So I found this TV series called Total Recall 2070. It is in fact based in the Total Recall canon, but it takes a lot of cues from Blade Runner (though both are based on novels written by Philip K. Dick). It's really good cyberpunk story and it can all be viewed on youtube.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #111160 on: August 12, 2013, 11:41:58 pm »

Mass effect 3 came in today, preparing to pour more cash in for hats dlc

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #111161 on: August 12, 2013, 11:44:54 pm »

Starting now, the long weekend begins. Thanks to some judicious application of two vacation days, I have the next 6 days off. Time to get shit done.
Lucky son of bitch. Make sure to spend at least one of those days naked, drunk and performing acts of questionable morality. For all of us who cannot due to the chains of society, school and work.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111162 on: August 13, 2013, 12:54:42 am »

I'm just gonna leave this here.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111163 on: August 13, 2013, 01:04:54 am »

I, for one, actually play the role of "Vector" in the upcoming Bay12 TV Sitcom. It's a fairly big part, so I'm excited.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #111164 on: August 13, 2013, 01:05:21 am »

Lucky son of bitch. Make sure to spend at least one of those days naked, drunk and performing acts of questionable morality. For all of us who cannot due to the chains of society, school and work.
Absolutely not, I've got too much shit to do. Classes to take, applications to send, cards to play, things to write. Also, negative dollars. I can only afford groceries this month by selling off my blood >______>

On the other hand, Imma finish Higurashi tonight :I
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 7409 7410 [7411] 7412 7413 ... 13312