Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7411 7412 [7413] 7414 7415 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14513753 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #111180 on: August 13, 2013, 04:16:55 pm »

I can't tell you because then Real Name, but one of our translations is likely going to be teaching young people about Russian Silver Age poetry.

We're becoming... canonical.

:D
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111181 on: August 13, 2013, 04:45:06 pm »

may be cited in a textbook

oh my fucking what

HFS

congratulations, 1000 times congratulations, that sounds pretty fuckin' cool.
My reaction.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #111182 on: August 13, 2013, 04:46:30 pm »

Objectively winning at translation?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111183 on: August 13, 2013, 04:53:29 pm »

I was going to post in the RAAAAGE thread about how mountain roads kill my income, since you have to slow down dramatically but still get paid by the mile, but then I did some calculations. Assuming I didn't fudge them up somehow (possible, I'm no Vector or Skyrunner), I still made about $10.20 per hour today, which isn't bad. Not for someone who's never made above minimum wage before, anyway.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111184 on: August 13, 2013, 05:09:17 pm »

Yeah.  This is two mathematicians making a name for themselves in an exclusive academic circuit, with absolutely no formal training in the area in question.

I'm pretty excited.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #111185 on: August 13, 2013, 05:11:54 pm »

*Adds the Wonderful 101 to list of games to buy*
It's FEF, not FEOF

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111186 on: August 13, 2013, 05:36:53 pm »

Back from camping. Camping is wonderful, especially when you have someone wonderful to camp with. :3

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111187 on: August 13, 2013, 07:04:58 pm »

I was going to post in the RAAAAGE thread about how mountain roads kill my income, since you have to slow down dramatically but still get paid by the mile, but then I did some calculations. Assuming I didn't fudge them up somehow (possible, I'm no Vector or Skyrunner), I still made about $10.20 per hour today, which isn't bad. Not for someone who's never made above minimum wage before, anyway.

Isn't that quite good for America anyway?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #111188 on: August 13, 2013, 07:08:45 pm »

Isn't that quite good for America anyway?
Depends on the state, but in most cases it's only about two dollars above regular minimum wage. It's nice, but not particularly amazing.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #111189 on: August 13, 2013, 07:19:46 pm »

Okay, so I think my income is sufficient to pay for a single class per semester, unaided. This is perfect, largely because right now there is one class that seems to perfectly suit what I need to learn how to do, so all I need is for it to be taught Spring semester. And I've got plenty of time to apply for the aid available for that, even if I don't (strictly speaking) need it. By the time I'm finished with it, my lease will be near-expiring, so I'll be capable of moving elsewhere, and will have had the opportunity to apply for real aid since scholarships all depend on Fall admissions, which may allow me to shift back to the world of full time studying.

In other words, although I've fucked myself over timingwise for the coming year, I have plenty of time to get everything worked out for later, save up a small pile of money, and learn the basic skills I'll absolutely need to keep up with attempting to accelerate the hell out of a second degree.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #111190 on: August 13, 2013, 07:54:42 pm »

Latest Paranatural update. Oh god, that last line. http://paranatural.net/chapter-4-page-30/

Just out of nowhere, bahahaha.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #111191 on: August 13, 2013, 07:58:45 pm »

Latest Paranatural update. Oh god, that last line. http://paranatural.net/chapter-4-page-30/

Just out of nowhere, bahahaha.
*without looking* The artist comment, right? With the noodle?

... I saved that part of the comic. Tis beautiful.

E: Checks: Yes, yes it was. Starchman's pretty great.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 08:11:17 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #111192 on: August 13, 2013, 08:08:40 pm »

Back from camping. Camping is wonderful, especially when you have someone wonderful to camp with. :3
Where'd you go?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #111194 on: August 13, 2013, 09:38:12 pm »

This karate camp. This fucking karate camp. 

I know the secrets of fuckuppery of bodies
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 7411 7412 [7413] 7414 7415 ... 13311