Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7412 7413 [7414] 7415 7416 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14543714 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #111195 on: August 13, 2013, 09:53:12 pm »

Karate is for wusses. Do Taekwondo.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #111196 on: August 13, 2013, 10:01:42 pm »

Karate is for wusses. Do Taekwondo.
No. Seriously, one class I was I had the sensei walk into his partner and send him skidding on his ass 15 or so feet back.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #111197 on: August 13, 2013, 10:03:36 pm »

Down at Taekwondo I have an instructor who is at least 50, short, squat and can kick the arse of everyone ever. Not kidding.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111198 on: August 13, 2013, 10:04:17 pm »

Nah man, do Muay Thai.
It is dirty fighting refined into an art.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #111199 on: August 13, 2013, 10:05:59 pm »

Down at Taekwondo I have an instructor who is at least 50, short, squat and can kick the arse of everyone ever. Not kidding.
Exactly. I'm at a camp with 60 year old men who could kill a person in less than a second.
IT'S AMAZING
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #111200 on: August 13, 2013, 10:07:38 pm »

I followed a link in someone's sig (I forget whose) and was directed to an awesome story on /tg/ about an industrious rogue who turned a rift into the Elemental Plane of Salt into a salt mine, which just kept escalating from then on (warning, this story is apparently about as long as a young adult novel)
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111201 on: August 13, 2013, 10:10:17 pm »

I followed a link in someone's sig (I forget whose) and was directed to an awesome story on /tg/ about an industrious rogue who turned a rift into the Elemental Plane of Salt into a salt mine, which just kept escalating from then on (warning, this story is apparently about as long as a young adult novel)
Great story. It must have been in the happy thread at least 3 times now.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111202 on: August 13, 2013, 11:55:21 pm »

I was going to post in the RAAAAGE thread about how mountain roads kill my income, since you have to slow down dramatically but still get paid by the mile, but then I did some calculations. Assuming I didn't fudge them up somehow (possible, I'm no Vector or Skyrunner), I still made about $10.20 per hour today, which isn't bad. Not for someone who's never made above minimum wage before, anyway.

Isn't that quite good for America anyway?
Depends on the state, but in most cases it's only about two dollars above regular minimum wage. It's nice, but not particularly amazing.
This was a relatively slow day, too. Covered 200 miles in five hours( which is far from ideal) at minimum rookie rate, yet still averaged a little over 10 bucks an hour. Cover more miles and bump up the pay rate, and things will start looking even better.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #111203 on: August 14, 2013, 03:48:03 am »

Mmm, roughly 1030 calories in one meal. :P

Don't judge me because I had a sudden craving for a burger D:

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111204 on: August 14, 2013, 05:47:06 am »

I'm thinking that one day maybe I  should try and see if I can make a single meal that meets my daily reccomended calories and nutrients for one day, but never going over 110% the GDA of anything.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111205 on: August 14, 2013, 06:14:52 am »

I have it saved to a text file if you're interested.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39635912/Tales%20of%20an%20industrious%20rogue.txt
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #111206 on: August 14, 2013, 06:15:43 am »

Read it all in a few hours. I think it's one of my favorite RP stories.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111207 on: August 14, 2013, 06:17:15 am »

I will admit, it was the first piece of literature since The Mouse and The Motorcycle that kept my attention the whole way through.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111208 on: August 14, 2013, 06:51:20 am »

So I'm writing a program script pile of letters and despite everything that I don't know about programming (which feels like everything) I have gotten it to where it needs to go every time I sit down and work on it. If the last few lines go as well as the previous 815 (or at least that was a line mentioned in the last error message), not only have I made a car from leather belts, I have made a car from leather belts that moves in spite of convention and logic. It is the greatest feeling. I am Victor Frankenstein and this is my monster!

I may or may not be drunk but at least the python shell has stopped gagging in disgust and Anamanguchi's Meow is playing.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #111209 on: August 14, 2013, 07:49:52 am »

I'm still hanging in irc.yyyyyy.info. It's pretty fun. Listening to smooth jazz and talking to random passerby's. I've just talked to some guy that was in a lecture, and the website was posted to his facebook group. He tought he was the only guy that actually looked at it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 7412 7413 [7414] 7415 7416 ... 13312