Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7415 7416 [7417] 7418 7419 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14512602 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #111240 on: August 15, 2013, 12:22:20 am »

I have discovered that I am entirely too amused by people spontaneously breaking out into sea shanties.

Also: Years of using it as driving music has apparently left an incredibly strong compulsion to sing along with "What Shall We Do With a Drunken Sailor".

... and checking to make sure that's the (a, anyway) name for the song led me to find this thing. Which seems somewhat awesome.

Oh man, you've gotta love that song. I need to learn some other shanties, now that I think of it.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #111242 on: August 15, 2013, 02:08:57 am »

I'm not sure I understand...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111243 on: August 15, 2013, 02:31:20 am »

Windows media player has apparently decided i should listen to the Doom soundtrack. I always liked Doom's music so i have no problems with this.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111244 on: August 15, 2013, 03:39:26 am »

I would like to take this space to say that I traded my computer skills for homemade italian bread, chicken in mushroom sauce, and pork free chilli.  Delicious when topped with a squeezepop at 0430.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111245 on: August 15, 2013, 04:02:03 am »

"What Shall We Do With A Drunken Sailor" has some rather interesting connotations beneath all the jollity, apparently.

Also turned on TV for some reason last night, there was a documentary on some remote area in Torres Strait. I have to say, watching grainy, calm footage of mangroves and birds and crabs and skimmers and stuff is incredibly relaxing. I went into some sort of trance.
I heartily recommend footage of mangrove wildlife for a meditation regime.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #111246 on: August 15, 2013, 08:01:19 am »

Woo, just got myself a new apartment. Glory to Arstotzka!

EDIT: Just saw this post might be misinterpreted, I meant a new apartment in real life :p

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111247 on: August 15, 2013, 08:57:51 am »

I find myself wondering what my brother and sister (as well as the non-immediate members of my family) think about me now, given that I completely skipped my mother's funeral. 

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111248 on: August 15, 2013, 09:02:35 am »

I find myself wondering what my brother and sister (as well as the non-immediate members of my family) think about me now, given that I completely skipped my mother's funeral.

I'm just going to assume there was a good reason.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #111249 on: August 15, 2013, 09:12:20 am »

Depends. Probably that you were too overwhelmed with emotions to be able to attend. In these situations you may expect some slack to be cut.

And my sincere condolences (or however it is people say that).

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111250 on: August 15, 2013, 09:30:17 am »

You will be put to prison.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111251 on: August 15, 2013, 09:39:33 am »

I'm just going to assume there was a good reason.
Not really.  I don't like to go to funerals, and I couldn't be arsed to make the 3-hour trip back home. 

Depends. Probably that you were too overwhelmed with emotions to be able to attend. In these situations you may expect some slack to be cut.
Of all the reactions they might have, I think that one is on the "least likely" list. 

You will be put to prison.
Fascinating.  This book is going on my to-read list.  I find myself very charmed by absurdism now. 

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #111252 on: August 15, 2013, 11:13:53 am »

Ah yes, that book. You'll only be put into prison if you kill someone, though, in which case you'll also be executed.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #111253 on: August 15, 2013, 11:23:38 am »

Good AS results!
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 7415 7416 [7417] 7418 7419 ... 13311