Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7439 7440 [7441] 7442 7443 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14646409 times)

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #111600 on: August 21, 2013, 08:59:26 pm »

Owlbread sounds like a fun kinda guy

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #111601 on: August 21, 2013, 09:02:16 pm »

First day of high school in a week or so. Not sure when I should pee myself, but I'm still happy.

Also, I tried the pajamas-on-head thing and it looks like my head was struck by lightning. At least I don't still have my shoulder-length hair, then it'd be way worse.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111602 on: August 21, 2013, 09:16:48 pm »

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111603 on: August 21, 2013, 09:17:15 pm »

Word from the wise IronTomato.

"In Heaven there are no rules, in Hell there is nothing but rules.
Therefor Highschool is Hell."

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111604 on: August 21, 2013, 09:29:02 pm »

I'unno. I had a pretty good Highschool experience. It was maybe not a stellar environment, and there might have been lots of serious violence and drug busts and dumb drama, but I also met some really dedicated teachers who expanded my worldview, and I started to learn how to take my life into my own hands, rather than looking to others for that sense of direction and purpose.

It's not always true, but generally speaking, you get out of something what you are willing to put into it. (I learned that quote in High School too :3).

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #111605 on: August 21, 2013, 09:44:04 pm »

I'unno. I had a pretty good Highschool experience. It was maybe not a stellar environment, and there might have been lots of serious violence and drug busts and dumb drama, but I also met some really dedicated teachers who expanded my worldview, and I started to learn how to take my life into my own hands, rather than looking to others for that sense of direction and purpose.

It's not always true, but generally speaking, you get out of something what you are willing to put into it. (I learned that quote in High School too :3).
Not to be negative, but the only quote I've heard so far is "Ya gotta rap it before ya tap it!"

Also, the teachers say the higher grades will help us out, but they don't. They never have in this crappy district, and from what I've seen so far (The things the teachers ignored) I'm going to have to put up with several more years of ERMAHGERD MIDGET just because we're slightly younger than they are. It means nothing, We can't control it, but it still happens.

But ugh, look at me, I'm not happy anymore. I need to stop ranting...

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #111606 on: August 21, 2013, 10:09:25 pm »

Oh come now, even at my school where we are now dealing with a Tiger Mom principal, there are still weed-smokers. There can't be that many rules.

Also, the teachers say the higher grades will help us out, but they don't. They never have in this crappy district, and from what I've seen so far (The things the teachers ignored) I'm going to have to put up with several more years of ERMAHGERD MIDGET just because we're slightly younger than they are. It means nothing, We can't control it, but it still happens.
Of course, at my hyper-competitive High School everyone singularly believes grades is the only thing that have ever matter, or will ever matter. They are sorta right (My school sends 25% of everyone to an Ivy League.) but it sure doesn't matter that much.

Oh, and I wish I could feel your pain, but I don't. I've always been tall, and since I was 15 people who don't know me address me as "Sir" or "Mr". And going in, people assumed I was a Junior at least. [/tallpeopleproblems]
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #111607 on: August 21, 2013, 10:19:15 pm »

I would actually prefer High School to be more strict >_>

On an unrelated note, yay I has received an iPad 4 for the year from the schools weird iPad program.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #111608 on: August 21, 2013, 10:22:51 pm »

Y'know how I'm a twig? Well. Heh, in my senior year of high school, I was the only one of my year in my study hall session. Since I was basically coasting at that point and didn't really care about any of them, the entire class spent half the year thinking that I was a freshman. I deliberately kept that assumption going by acting shy and withdrawn (didn't take much effort, hah), just for the sake of the joke, all the way until the winter pep rally just before break. It was the chance for seniors to flout the clothing rules for one day (as well as being "required" to dress in all black), and they called the years down to the gym separately... coincidentally during the same period as my study hall. Except not, I already knew that. Day of, I showed up in a jacket with something like 300 strings of black Mardi Gras beads sewn to it. All of those WHAAAAAAT!? faces on the kids in that room were fucking hilarious. Good times. XD

But seriously, don't fuck around in high school. Those grades mean cold, hard scholarships.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #111609 on: August 21, 2013, 10:25:42 pm »

Oh come now, even at my school where we are now dealing with a Tiger Mom principal, there are still weed-smokers. There can't be that many rules.

Of course, at my hyper-competitive High School everyone singularly believes grades is the only thing that have ever matter, or will ever matter. They are sorta right (My school sends 25% of everyone to an Ivy League.) but it sure doesn't matter that much.

Oh, and I wish I could feel your pain, but I don't. I've always been tall, and since I was 15 people who don't know me address me as "Sir" or "Mr". And going in, people assumed I was a Junior at least. [/tallpeopleproblems]
I would actually prefer High School to be more strict >_>

On an unrelated note, yay I has received an iPad 4 for the year from the schools weird iPad program.
Y'know how I'm a twig? Well. Heh, in my senior year of high school, I was the only one of my year in my study hall session. Since I was basically coasting at that point and didn't really care about any of them, the entire class spent half the year thinking that I was a freshman. I deliberately kept that assumption going by acting shy and withdrawn (didn't take much effort, hah), just for the sake of the joke, all the way until the winter pep rally just before break. It was the chance for seniors to flout the clothing rules for one day (as well as being "required" to dress in all black), and they called the years down to the gym separately... coincidentally during the same period as my study hall. Except not, I already knew that. Day of, I showed up in a jacket with something like 300 strings of black Mardi Gras beads sewn to it. All of those WHAAAAAAT!? faces on the kids in that room were fucking hilarious. Good times. XD

But seriously, don't fuck around in high school. Those grades mean cold, hard scholarships.
Nonononono. I meant grades as in THE GRADE THAT I AM IN. I'm not small, either, another reason that is makes me mad. A midget is a person who is at least a grade younger than you, and it also means you deserve to be snubbed, because, err... peanuts!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111610 on: August 21, 2013, 10:27:00 pm »

My schedule was all blah after I moved, and I had a couple classes with Freshman my Junior year. They all thought I was held back and were super scared of me, which was just great. They had this stupid thing where they'd turn people's bags inside out, and I literally gave someone touching my bag a look that made them set it back down and walk away, and this was with me being three chairs away. It made me feel great.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111611 on: August 21, 2013, 10:32:01 pm »

Filling my new iPod with music at the library, since my computer's broken.
...And if it wasn't broken, iTunes would probably break it anyway. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #111612 on: August 21, 2013, 10:35:18 pm »

It would be funny if it wasn't true. By the by, you might want to look up a program called CopyTrans. Part of it has functionality that allows you to manage your Ipod library and add music files to it, doesn't auto-run, doesn't hog resources, and doesn't send data to Apple. The only downside is that (IIRC) it doesn't store anything when your mp3 player isn't hooked up, so you have to keep track of your files on your own and you can't use it to play music as a standalone.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #111613 on: August 21, 2013, 10:37:43 pm »

It's not the rules, it's the social hierarchy, which has frack all to do with who you are, but what you do, look like, dress like, like-like and so on. If you can manage to extricate yourself from that and still maintain a semblance of acceptance among your peers, you've done well for yourself.

Spoiler: Something like this (click to show/hide)

And the kicker, of course, is that your position in that means nothing after graduation.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111614 on: August 21, 2013, 10:42:34 pm »

It's not the rules, it's the social hierarchy, which has frack all to do with who you are, but what you do, look like, dress like, like-like and so on. If you can manage to extricate yourself from that and still maintain a semblance of acceptance among your peers, you've done well for yourself.

Spoiler: Something like this (click to show/hide)

And the kicker, of course, is that your position in that means nothing after graduation.

Spoiler: Fixed Image? (click to show/hide)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 7439 7440 [7441] 7442 7443 ... 13312