Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7447 7448 [7449] 7450 7451 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14646125 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #111720 on: August 23, 2013, 01:33:53 pm »

I know, right? Dutchling found it. :D
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #111721 on: August 23, 2013, 01:36:40 pm »

I need to get my friends back to my house so we can put my hair in more ridiculous things.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111722 on: August 23, 2013, 01:45:54 pm »

Just as planned :D
So I went to see Pacific Rim, just as you planned. While I didn't get as much out of it as you did, as I said it's not a genre I'm too interested in normally, it was very entertaining and enjoyable. I liked how they just went with the concept and didn't waste an hour on exposition like many other movies. The effects were well done and didn't look too CGI-y for the most part, especially the machinery looked pretty good.
Your notes on characterization were useful to keep in mind, if I hadn't known how manga/anime influenced the movie is (though that's pretty obvious), I would have found the characters a bit flat, or at least a bit weird in their decision making.
My issue with the characters was more "Hey, it's Charlie from It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia and Jax and Clay from Sons of Anarchy!", but that only proves that I watch too much tv.
Overall good movie, would recommend.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111723 on: August 23, 2013, 01:49:51 pm »

I'm glad >_<

All I want is for people to open their hearts and enjoy giant robots and kaijyu, without sweating too much about it :I

EDIT: Oh, and in that vein, Here is a Pacific Rim/Attack on Titan trailer mashup with impeccable style :3
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 01:52:22 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111724 on: August 23, 2013, 02:01:27 pm »

Ouch, is that German in the beginning? Sounds like "They are the food and we are the hunters" !?!

On a weird coincidental note I also had Jäger sauce with my dinner yesterday and that is neither a reference to PR nor Attack on Titan...

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111725 on: August 23, 2013, 02:24:01 pm »

All I want is for people to open their hearts and enjoy [..] kaijyu
Me too!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #111726 on: August 23, 2013, 02:43:58 pm »

I recall reading a fairly interesting article about the filming of Pacific Rim, focusing on how they bothered to build the cockpit sets, and have the actors strapped in to and moving the rigs during filming, as well as cutting between CG shots and live-action non-greenscreen shots in the cockpit to help the audience feel involved, to make it feel real. If I had to point out one technical aspect of the film that was very well thought out, that would be it. Too many films seem to have forgotten that two hours of CGI stuff/actors in front of a greenscreen doing things is boring. Apparently moving around in the cockpit rigs was so strenuous that the actors and actresses left filming sessions drenched in sweat. All I can say is that it was bloody effective.

Sort of like how the new Star Wars movies are apparently going to be making extensive use of models a la the original trilogy.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #111727 on: August 23, 2013, 02:46:30 pm »

Yup, CGI is good, but it's sometimes not quite there yet.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #111728 on: August 23, 2013, 02:49:48 pm »

I started painting my Tyranids today, and they are looking good. :D
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #111729 on: August 23, 2013, 02:51:53 pm »

I started painting my Tyranids today, and they are looking good. :D
Make sure to post pictures when you're done, Hans!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #111730 on: August 23, 2013, 03:09:37 pm »

I recall reading a fairly interesting article about the filming of Pacific Rim, focusing on how they bothered to build the cockpit sets, and have the actors strapped in to and moving the rigs during filming, as well as cutting between CG shots and live-action non-greenscreen shots in the cockpit to help the audience feel involved, to make it feel real. If I had to point out one technical aspect of the film that was very well thought out, that would be it. Too many films seem to have forgotten that two hours of CGI stuff/actors in front of a greenscreen doing things is boring. Apparently moving around in the cockpit rigs was so strenuous that the actors and actresses left filming sessions drenched in sweat. All I can say is that it was bloody effective.

Sort of like how the new Star Wars movies are apparently going to be making extensive use of models a la the original trilogy.

One thing I liked was how heavy the robots felt.  Right after we got out of the theater my friend compared it to how weightless the robots from Michael Bay's Transformers looked.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111731 on: August 23, 2013, 04:51:06 pm »

Cleaned up my Pacific Rim essay and put it in tumblr.  It is now sourced and 10 pages long :>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #111732 on: August 23, 2013, 04:52:10 pm »

Cleaned up my Pacific Rim essay and put it in tumblr.  It is now sourced and 10 pages long :>
Good lord.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111733 on: August 23, 2013, 05:21:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111734 on: August 23, 2013, 05:22:54 pm »

I finally finished Papers Please and while I think the ending was a little anticlimactic, it was a satisfying experience nonetheless.

I'm thinking of playing To The Moon next. I might get around to starting it today or tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 7447 7448 [7449] 7450 7451 ... 13312