Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7458 7459 [7460] 7461 7462 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14549692 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #111885 on: August 27, 2013, 06:27:52 pm »

... Was it me? You'd think I'd remember a thing like that and... OH WAIT. You meant you, didn't you.

Seriously, though, that sounds like a pretty sweet thing to be offered, so congratulations!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111886 on: August 27, 2013, 06:36:26 pm »

Congrats Vector.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111887 on: August 27, 2013, 07:04:10 pm »

so yeah as cozy it is living in a ridiculously oversized house that belongs to a relative that's working and planning to move overseas i'm going back to the cityTM (contrasted to the town of 40 thousand where i find myself feeling like everybody's staring at me and i'm not even that paranoid) and thanks to the fact my cherished notebook is dead i'll only have my tablet for internet access

shit, something might get done in my life for once.

i'll go ask the manager if i can get transferred to a different facility, i'm sure he'll understand - if i do so i might even get kicked upwards and stop weighing trains and doing mountains of paperwork and you know, just do mountains of paperwork since that doesn't mean i have to fix a goddamn train scale thing once in a while and the seven divines help me if i ever had any idea how to do it (i just grabbed a guy from the power plant to help me out, they never have anything to do it seems). it's honestly been at least two years since anyone wrote bullshit in the transit papers anyway.

i might even muster up the courage to ask the previously mentioned relative to sell me the house later! (for a decently discounted price of course) and look into QUALITY REAL ESTATE WORKS so i can fund my ridiculous capitalistic agendas and be the hero the markets deserve. it's a prospect that's out there, something two years forward at least.

it's a happy why? i don't know. i'm grinning like an idiot while thinking of it. also this is playing (i've got it running in foobar so i pulled up the closest youtube rendition)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #111888 on: August 27, 2013, 07:05:19 pm »

Guess who was just offered a symplectic geometry apprenticeship.  Guess.
That sounds neat!

... what does it do?

In unrelated and minor happies, I am partaking of melty pizza for the first time in many moons.

Melty pizza is called melty pizza because the entire pizza has a consistency only slightly more firm than melted cheese. Microwaving frozen pizzas does strange things, sometimes. But it's surprisingly tasty and healthy! Inasmuch as it's actually somewhat tasty and has yet to immediately kill me.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111889 on: August 27, 2013, 07:51:27 pm »

e: also the update is here http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/ there's achievements now and other stuff
What the hell is this nonsense!? Why is this any fun? Why can't I stop clicking!?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111890 on: August 27, 2013, 08:16:32 pm »

e: also the update is here http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/ there's achievements now and other stuff
What the hell is this nonsense!? Why is this any fun? Why can't I stop clicking!?

previous gif appropriate

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #111891 on: August 27, 2013, 08:25:33 pm »

High school tomorrow. I am oblivious.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111892 on: August 27, 2013, 09:45:46 pm »

I got a nibble on full-time employment today. Did a secondary application, filled out a survey about my personality (rate these things from best to worst!) and did a quiz. I may be working for a bank soon.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #111893 on: August 27, 2013, 09:50:05 pm »

Released a new version of the drow mod!

Related: decided to make some jokes at the expense of a dark elf name generator

Also, sorry for spamming this, but saltybet is so great
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 12:04:46 am by Putnam »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #111894 on: August 28, 2013, 02:25:55 am »

Guess who was just offered a symplectic geometry apprenticeship.  Guess.
Congrats Vector! :D

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #111895 on: August 28, 2013, 02:29:31 am »

this image somehow made me begin nostalgia-ing hard over playing Fallout 2 on a CRT monitor O_o

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #111896 on: August 28, 2013, 03:26:00 am »

First day in uni was a lot more fun than first day in any previous school I've been in. As in, it involved drinking from 14:00 to ??:??, first in a park and then in a bar.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111897 on: August 28, 2013, 07:39:24 am »

previous gif appropriate
This game reminds me of...

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #111898 on: August 28, 2013, 10:31:19 am »

(Frozen strawberries + 45 seconds of 100 watt microwaves) + sugar + milk --(mixer)--> heavenly slushie juice thing

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111899 on: August 28, 2013, 10:42:05 am »

previous gif appropriate
This game reminds me of...
I think it's deliberate. At least, the portal certainly is.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 7458 7459 [7460] 7461 7462 ... 13312