Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7462 7463 [7464] 7465 7466 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14559199 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #111945 on: August 29, 2013, 01:46:11 pm »

"Deer take jobs from the working man. Companies hire them instead of normal folks. Cheep labor; you only have to pay them in leaves!"

But seriously... that game could teach a lot of people something about how to argue properly. Also, it is pretty hilarious in how seriously it takes itself. Well done!

EDIT: And the number of references to logicians and philosophers in the Realm of Ideas was great.

EDIT x2: I really, really hope "Your Face Is Stupid" is a legitimate counterargument at some point in the game.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 01:59:23 pm by Solifuge »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111946 on: August 29, 2013, 02:08:58 pm »

Had to interview someone for an assignment. Chose a professor from last year. It went well.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111947 on: August 29, 2013, 02:55:56 pm »

Spoiler: crazy day (click to show/hide)

Doctus

• Bay Watcher
  • 黄昏よりも昏きもの…
    • View Profile
« Reply #111948 on: August 29, 2013, 03:20:34 pm »

I had my legal name change hearing today. The judge turned out to be extremely nice and supportive, and he even wished me happiness at the end while looking at Kaijyuu.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111949 on: August 29, 2013, 03:21:10 pm »

I had my legal name change hearing today. The judge turned out to be extremely nice and supportive, and he even wished me happiness at the end while looking at Kaijyuu.
:D

* kaijyuu hugs
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111950 on: August 29, 2013, 03:21:58 pm »

D'awwww.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #111951 on: August 29, 2013, 03:42:44 pm »

Yay for you two, I guess! :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111952 on: August 29, 2013, 04:57:28 pm »

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #111954 on: August 29, 2013, 05:59:55 pm »

Frybread is awfully delicious.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111955 on: August 29, 2013, 06:34:19 pm »

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/national-international/IRS-to-Recognize-Same-Sex-Marriages-for-Tax-Purposes-221678881.html
Anything that gets taxes to budge in one way or another is pretty impressive, though I'm not exactly interested in reading about it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111957 on: August 29, 2013, 07:06:46 pm »

Finished my training today! I start going solo next week! :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #111958 on: August 29, 2013, 07:14:22 pm »

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/national-international/IRS-to-Recognize-Same-Sex-Marriages-for-Tax-Purposes-221678881.html
Anything that gets taxes to budge in one way or another is pretty impressive, though I'm not exactly interested in reading about it.

Marriage, which is denied gays in most states, permits certain tax benefits. No legal marriage; no tax benefits.

Even when gays were legally married, they still didn't get tax benefits given to every other legally married couple. Seems now they do, at least federally.

It's still not uniform, but this is a decent place to start.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111959 on: August 29, 2013, 07:19:56 pm »

Pretty much an inevitability after Section 3 of DOMA was struck down.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 7462 7463 [7464] 7465 7466 ... 13312