Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7490 7491 [7492] 7493 7494 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14591996 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #112365 on: September 06, 2013, 08:24:23 pm »

I've read The Hobbit already. I'll go for Children of Hurin first, then :P
I hope they have it at my library :/

Children of Hurin is a chapter from The Silmarillion that was later broken out and expanded into its own book by Christopher Tolkien.  I suggest reading The Silmarillion up until Children of Hurin, and then reading the book in place of that chapter.

I mean... if you want to read it independently first, you can.  It can stand on its own just fine.  But there will be a lot more meaning to the story if you read everything leading up to it first.  Your perspective on LoTR will completely change after reading it, as well.
And be sure to read the Unfinished Tales of Numenor and Middle Earth last. Now there's a book which is scattered. And rightfully so, as it is literally a book of Tolkien's unfinished tales, compiled and edited by his son after JRR kicked the bucket. If you aren't already familiar with all the rest, you will be completely lost, as it basically jumps through the full span of history filling in a few gaps.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112366 on: September 06, 2013, 08:48:29 pm »

Metal Gear Sunrising.

A fan project.  It's really, really amazing (NSFW due to gore as present in the original game).
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112367 on: September 06, 2013, 09:09:51 pm »

I think I'm in love with instant ramen mixed with instant oatmeal. It's better than putting saltines in there anyways. Tomorrow I'll try the same with tomato soup and instant oatmeal to see if that tastes good too.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #112368 on: September 06, 2013, 09:12:39 pm »

Metal Gear Sunrising.

A fan project.  It's really, really amazing (NSFW due to gore as present in the original game).

ah, a freddiew short. He does a lot of really good stuff.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #112369 on: September 06, 2013, 09:21:27 pm »

One more here addicted to saltybets.

What is this magical cockfighting ring of vidyah games and why have I not heard of it before? This is awesome.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #112370 on: September 06, 2013, 09:24:30 pm »

Dammit I posted it here twice and once in the IRC. The times I posted it were ignored. When I posted it in the IRC, I feel like Wrex was one wrong explanation away from banning me for spamming >_>

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #112371 on: September 06, 2013, 09:32:46 pm »

Dammit I posted it here twice and once in the IRC. The times I posted it were ignored. When I posted it in the IRC, I feel like Wrex was one wrong explanation away from banning me for spamming >_>
I'm sorry I can't track everyone's posts, I'm too busy watching an mspaint bomb own some poor anime character while listening to prog rock.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112372 on: September 06, 2013, 09:50:50 pm »

So today I went to seminar as part of an honours thing. I enjoyed it, I got to learn some neat things about the great lakes water basin and it's conservation movements, and most importantly I went organised the outing and went to somewhere I didn't know all on my own.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112373 on: September 06, 2013, 10:03:42 pm »

Happy: bought a USB adapter for my N64 controllers (which are still in excellent condition). It works absolutely beautifully, and has no noticeable input lag.
minor sad: I keep forgetting how hard and difficult to grip the analog stick is. I don't remember it being so difficult when I was younger.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #112374 on: September 06, 2013, 10:33:48 pm »

Oh god this salty bets I just watched Nightcrawler own trunks. And some dude named antman is just, weird and awesome as all hell. And I made money on each.

Seriously god help me I just barely pulled myself away. I have work you know!
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112375 on: September 06, 2013, 10:35:37 pm »

Sounds like fun. Wish I could join in :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #112376 on: September 06, 2013, 10:44:35 pm »

I watched Sabin, yes the genuine old 16-bit sprite Sabin, beat the shit out of someone 10 times his size.  He hit like a truck.  It was glorious. 
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #112378 on: September 06, 2013, 11:26:46 pm »

I watched Sabin, yes the genuine old 16-bit sprite Sabin, beat the shit out of someone 10 times his size.  He hit like a truck.  It was glorious.
Despite what people say, you shouldn't always bet on the hitbox. But Sabin? Fukkin' all in. Except against Mr. Incredible with that cheap helicopter arm twirl.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #112379 on: September 06, 2013, 11:31:44 pm »

I almost said train, but Sabin is superior to train.  (that was seriously my thought process)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 7490 7491 [7492] 7493 7494 ... 13312