Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7548 7549 [7550] 7551 7552 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14546910 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #113235 on: September 22, 2013, 02:26:10 am »

On the topic of Bastion, I found the gameplay to be the weakest feature. :P
It's really a game you play for the audio design above all else; which is pretty rare for a game and so makes it an absolute must-play. I had more fun with the difficulty turned all the way down simply because it gives it a better audio narrative flow.
One other game I can name.

Nier.

Play it. :I

..It wrenched my heart out and tickled it, and then placed it back in. And I still tear up at the songs.

As soon as I can, I want to get that game. I haven't ever seen it sold in Australia.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113236 on: September 22, 2013, 02:27:23 am »

Watched Mama.  Twas good <3
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #113237 on: September 22, 2013, 02:33:24 am »

Watched The Descent. Decent movie, but I dunno why it was on the list of most underrated movies in the last decade on imgur.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113238 on: September 22, 2013, 05:48:24 am »

... SO THAT'S WHAT'S IN LORDSLOWPOKE'S TEXT UNDER THE PROFILE

WHO KEEPS TRANSLATING THESE.

pm me what you've got, i've got to look for an even more obscure unicode to write in...

* LordSlowpoke grumbles.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113239 on: September 22, 2013, 06:14:52 am »

So I finally got around to playing Charles Barkley's Shut Up And Jam. This is surreal and campy and awesome all at the same time.

I don't get why Al Bhed, the fakest Final Fantasy language ever, is a legit language option in the game's setting AND is present in the storyline. But hey, this isn't the kind of game you ask questions in, it's just too cool for explanation.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #113240 on: September 22, 2013, 06:16:59 am »

Ahh, just had an awesome nap.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113241 on: September 22, 2013, 07:18:33 am »

You know that guy that made that fox song?
He has other amazing things.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113242 on: September 22, 2013, 07:36:58 am »

Just started playing the new Animal Crossing. This should cheer me up a bit.

...Wow, my character looks really stoned. :o Finally, an explanation for why everyone seems to be humanized animal people.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113243 on: September 22, 2013, 08:01:37 am »

IDE: Everyone in the town is on drugs all the time. Strong, mind-altering ones. This can be seen in the unusual insistence on repeating phrases over and over, as well as the incredibly overblown emotional traits. The drug is distributed through some sort of water or air system, which is good for coverage but isn't always reliable. Sometimes they don't get enough and start to have strong withdrawal symptoms. This can be seen when they are ill. The drug is not completely out of their bodies so they still hallucinate, but the pain caused by the physical effects means that the hallucinations are a lot worse than otherwise. Sandwich gnomes and such. The 'medicine' is actually just a booster of this drug, coupled with some steroids to offset the muscle atrophy that happens during withdrawal (this is also why it fixes up bee stings).
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113244 on: September 22, 2013, 08:03:49 am »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113245 on: September 22, 2013, 08:07:01 am »

The actual truth is far more disturbing.
Read it already. I don't like it as speculation because it relies on magic.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113246 on: September 22, 2013, 08:18:51 am »

The actual truth is far more disturbing.
Read it already. I don't like it as speculation because it relies on magic.

You live in a town of animal people and you complain about magic?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #113247 on: September 22, 2013, 10:25:59 am »

I don't get why Al Bhed, the fakest Final Fantasy language ever, is a legit language option in the game's setting AND is present in the storyline. But hey, this isn't the kind of game you ask questions in, it's just too cool for explanation.
Ah, Al Bhed. I will forever remember its existence because of that prank translation of Tactics Ogre, haha~

Yes. Yes, there is a version of Tactics Ogre out there that is 100% translated into Al Bhed. It was good joke!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113248 on: September 22, 2013, 10:43:20 am »

After a shitty as fuck day at work, where everything and anything went wrong, there was a beautiful sky, with the milky way arcing across, with millions of stars, and Venus, and it reminded me that the universe is still beautiful.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #113249 on: September 22, 2013, 12:51:30 pm »

In an hour or two, I will have vegetable soup. My only worry is that there's not enough water for the beans to expand. I only decided to do this today, so I couldn't soak them overnight, and the pot's already on the full side.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 7548 7549 [7550] 7551 7552 ... 13312