Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7549 7550 [7551] 7552 7553 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14546012 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #113250 on: September 22, 2013, 01:15:39 pm »

So pleased with the latest Attack on Titan episode.  So well adapted and executed, and so intense. 
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #113251 on: September 22, 2013, 01:42:59 pm »

Spoiler: this (click to show/hide)

There's something beyond my comprehension that makes jazz sound like the best music for me. Like, hands down. Jazz is awesome.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 01:45:55 pm by FritzPL »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [(`・ω・´)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #113252 on: September 22, 2013, 01:47:56 pm »

Spoiler: warning equines (click to show/hide)

There's something beyond my comprehension that makes jazz sound like the best music for me. Not just this track, others too.

jazz is indeed one of the best things

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #113253 on: September 22, 2013, 01:50:33 pm »

Amen.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113254 on: September 22, 2013, 01:53:37 pm »

Since Ludum Dare wrapped up, I've been approached by 1 company and 2 individuals, and been invited to work on their gamedev projects. After a many months at this, it's kinda cool to have people start coming to me, instead of always having to track potential work down.

Sure, they're just small projects, mobile apps, and stuff like that... but if it keeps up at this pace, I might actually have to start turning people away due to time constraints!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113255 on: September 22, 2013, 02:03:29 pm »

Since Ludum Dare wrapped up, I've been approached by 1 company and 2 individuals, and been invited to work on their gamedev projects. After a many months at this, it's kinda cool to have people start coming to me, instead of always having to track potential work down.

Sure, they're just small projects, mobile apps, and stuff like that... but if it keeps up at this pace, I might actually have to start turning people away due to time constraints!
Mobile apps are becoming a big thing apparently. I keep seeing an advertisment on the television for a shitty ripoff of bejewelled. But it somehow is planned to generate enough dolla to cover TV advertising.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #113256 on: September 22, 2013, 02:10:57 pm »

Envious!

Meanwhile, I haven't done any art in a couple months, due to time/energy constraints.  Wondering if I'm ever going to get anywhere.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113257 on: September 22, 2013, 02:38:33 pm »

Mobile apps are becoming a big thing apparently. I keep seeing an advertisment on the television for a shitty ripoff of bejewelled. But it somehow is planned to generate enough dolla to cover TV advertising.

Yeah. They're colloquially referred to as Reskin Projects, and they're a huge part of the app market. Sometimes the job is literally to create new art to lay over the top of stolen source code. Sometimes one developer will produce several versions of the same game, to confuse people into buying it twice thinking it's something new. Blatant theft and regurgitation of ideas, which flood the market with derivative, artless crap.

I refuse that kind of work on principal... against my better judgement. >_<;

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113258 on: September 22, 2013, 04:04:26 pm »

i have consumed a dish made out of more types of mushrooms than most cultures in the world are capable of identifying and claiming to be edible. =w=

and a single strawberry. astonishingly, there are varieties that just now are reaching maturity, just like apples and such. why i actually went out of my way to get a single strawberry while purchasing butter and other mushroom preparation utensils is a thing i will never recall but i blame consumerism and so should you

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113259 on: September 22, 2013, 04:23:54 pm »

Yeah. They're colloquially referred to as Reskin Projects, and they're a huge part of the app market. Sometimes the job is literally to create new art to lay over the top of stolen source code. Sometimes one developer will produce several versions of the same game, to confuse people into buying it twice thinking it's something new. Blatant theft and regurgitation of ideas, which flood the market with derivative, artless crap.

I refuse that kind of work on principal... against my better judgement. >_<;

You know, I wondered if that was what was happening. :I

Like, how do people get away with that? Are mobile users dumber? Less attentive? Maybe it's not about the users. Maybe the market is just more conducive to deception with the way apps are presented.

I say, if you're gonna buy a mobile app, support people who shed their blood to make a few good things compatible with a lot of versions/platforms like the WazHack guy or those people who made Pixel Dungeon (also a pretty fun break game). The highest concentration of mobile game BS is within the "MMO" market. On Android and iOS, that generally means shallow, grindy pyramid schmes that don't even wait as long as your average Nexon game before flooding you with Waiting Mechanics and cool stuff for just ten dollars come on you know you want to.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113260 on: September 22, 2013, 05:03:09 pm »

It's partly people in general being rather inattentive, there's a lot of people that just lack the knowledge to understand what's going on before they've bought in, or are just too busy to care.

But it's also that frankly reskin projects are extremely cheap. It can seriously only cost maybe a few hundred dollars to make, you don't need that many people to buy it to recoup your losses.

It's basically the same logic behind spam emails. Cheapness of cost makes up for the fact that you get very few bites.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #113261 on: September 22, 2013, 05:05:56 pm »

Managed to link my iPod to my dad's car radio.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113262 on: September 22, 2013, 05:15:04 pm »

that is always nice, bluetooth I assume? not through a adapter that sends it over the radio.  Have used both.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113263 on: September 22, 2013, 05:17:01 pm »

Got a new pillow. It is literally the greatest pillow of all time. I'm pretty sure there have been scientific studies on how this is the greatest pillow.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #113264 on: September 22, 2013, 05:34:40 pm »

that is always nice, bluetooth I assume? not through a adapter that sends it over the radio.  Have used both.
Yah bluetooth. No more radio for me :D
Pages: 1 ... 7549 7550 [7551] 7552 7553 ... 13312