Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7857 7858 [7859] 7860 7861 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14615160 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Get back to starbound guize. Cirno kickstarting burritos. (Happy thread)
« Reply #117870 on: December 11, 2013, 03:12:09 am »

Sister got engaged last night!
Vivek, is that you?
So that IS a common Indian name. I had a colleague called Vivek and I really had to restrain myself not to call him Lord Vivec every time...

Anu is also a common one. Speaking of Elder Scrolls, I guess.

EDIT: Ha!

Obvious ROT13 at the top says:

That is bitter. The gods and fates are cruel. I served you faithfully once, Lord Nerevar, and you repaid me with death. I hope this time it will be you who pays for your faithlessness.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 03:22:22 am by Putnam »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Get back to starbound guize. Cirno kickstarting burritos. (Happy thread)
« Reply #117871 on: December 11, 2013, 04:05:42 am »

So, I survived a car crash today.

Noone was hurt, and honestly all I have to show for it is a bit of loopiness and a thumb that doesn't seem to want to stop yelling at my brain about it hurting (not broken and all, really), when honestly it could have been a lot worse and though I didn't exactly feel like I could get out of the car and punch a lumberjack out, I feel a LOT better than I thought I would after going from ~50+ to 0 in less than a second.

So yeah, it might be undeserved, but I feel kinda like a sexy shoeless god of war right now.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #117872 on: December 11, 2013, 04:58:28 am »

Vivek, is that you?
Sister, not me. So I'm actually Vivek's brother no relation, although it would be kinda neat.

In other happies, I've finally mostly finished unpacking after moving house!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #117873 on: December 11, 2013, 05:17:43 am »

I am now engaged to the girl of my dreams.

Congratulations :)
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #117874 on: December 11, 2013, 05:22:13 am »

Vivek, is that you?
Sister, not me. So I'm actually Vivek's brother no relation, although it would be kinda neat.

Vivek is my fiance's brother.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #117875 on: December 11, 2013, 06:32:40 am »

Vivek, is that you?

Oh.  :-[
Oops. Still not me though.  :P
And, I really should have said this sooner, congratulations.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #117876 on: December 11, 2013, 06:50:39 am »

Vivek, is that you?

Your in-laws must be great Bethesda fans.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #117877 on: December 11, 2013, 07:23:25 am »

The local library has a big book that has all of Asimov's robot stories in it. Yessss.
(I still have The Restaurant at the End of the Universe and 3 Discworld books to read first, tough. :) )

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117880 on: December 11, 2013, 11:42:49 am »

My new hero.
Quote from: wilma newhoudt
He knows that the deaf cannot vocally boo him off. Shame on him !
Gold.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117881 on: December 11, 2013, 12:08:19 pm »

My dog slept in my room last night. He rarely comes in my room.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #117882 on: December 11, 2013, 12:48:21 pm »

My new hero.
Kind of a dick, though. Still, I respect the audacity, at least.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117883 on: December 11, 2013, 12:57:36 pm »

Why in the world is that a happy? ??? A translator sitting there and doing squat during someone's memorial is kinda disgusting.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #117884 on: December 11, 2013, 01:04:05 pm »

Why in the world is that a happy? ??? A translator sitting there and doing squat during someone's memorial is kinda disgusting.
Because it's absolutely hilarious? I mean, he's been a translator for years. How awesome is that?
Pages: 1 ... 7857 7858 [7859] 7860 7861 ... 13312