Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7858 7859 [7860] 7861 7862 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14592867 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Get back to starbound guize. Cirno kickstarting burritos. (Happy thread)
« Reply #117885 on: December 11, 2013, 01:13:13 pm »

That's even worse! Deaf people rely on translators to understand this sort of thing if they're there.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Get back to starbound guize. Cirno kickstarting burritos. (Happy thread)
« Reply #117886 on: December 11, 2013, 01:23:19 pm »

Why in the world is that a happy? ??? A translator sitting there and doing squat during someone's memorial is kinda disgusting.
Because it's absurd that he managed to get up there, and has been doing similarly for however long he has.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117887 on: December 11, 2013, 01:26:37 pm »

I am now engaged to the girl of my dreams.
Yay! :D
The girl of my dreams lives on the opposite coast, so no luck there as of yet :/

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117889 on: December 11, 2013, 01:28:02 pm »

Yay! :D
The girl of my dreams lives on the opposite coast, so no luck there as of yet :/
* kaijyuu notes that his girl of his dreams lived on the opposite coast too
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #117890 on: December 11, 2013, 01:38:22 pm »

Yeah, like I said, it's impressive that he pulled it off, it's just that what he pulled off was dickery. He's more like a supervillain than a hero.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117891 on: December 11, 2013, 01:45:59 pm »

More of an antihero or maybe an anti villain. While what he did was bad, it also showed a critical flaw in security and was hilarious at the same time. It's like the people who hack databases and say what the weaknesses are to the company in a way.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117892 on: December 11, 2013, 01:47:13 pm »

I searched "Bizarre Love Triangle" on Spotify and just hit play. Now I am listening to pretty much every version of a song pretty much everyone has covered...

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117893 on: December 11, 2013, 01:47:26 pm »

More of an antihero or maybe an anti villain. While what he did was bad, it also showed a critical flaw in security and was hilarious at the same time. It's like the people who hack databases and say what the weaknesses are to the company in a way.
People who hack databases don't (metaphorically) piss on handicap minorities at the same time.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #117894 on: December 11, 2013, 01:48:01 pm »

Spoiler: Feels (click to show/hide)
Congrats!!

My GF finally told her kids about us this past weekend. They took it better than she expected, and now she's happier and calmer than I've seen her in....ever?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #117895 on: December 11, 2013, 01:51:56 pm »

If they ransacked the database for user data to sell to scammers and then fucked around with the contents for the lulz first, yeah.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #117896 on: December 11, 2013, 01:54:35 pm »

People who hack databases don't (metaphorically) piss on handicap minorities at the same time.
Meh. If the metaphorical pissing is funny enough it still makes me happy ;)

Especially since the video on the page I linked showed a channel with it's own deaf guy.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117897 on: December 11, 2013, 03:23:25 pm »

I just got my final mark back for math. I've got an 85% in that class.

Pretty good for someone who didn't have the fancy calculator.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117898 on: December 11, 2013, 03:35:22 pm »

* LordSlowpoke withdraws from world to do wizardly things.

didn't kill myself, didn't end up choking on transdimensional wangs, actually managed to learn something and my niece's living with me now. one of these is unrelated to the rest.

joy

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #117899 on: December 11, 2013, 04:02:53 pm »

I have a date.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 7858 7859 [7860] 7861 7862 ... 13312