Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7877 7878 [7879] 7880 7881 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14550668 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Get back to starbound guize. Cirno kickstarting burritos. (Happy thread)
« Reply #118170 on: December 18, 2013, 04:43:01 pm »

I just bought winter-holiday presents for Wolfeyez! I'm quite happy with the things I happened to luck into.

That said, apparently, I have no idea how to work wrapping paper. I tried glaring at it until it wrapped the present, but the paper seems to have more willpower than I have patience.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Get back to starbound guize. Cirno kickstarting burritos. (Happy thread)
« Reply #118171 on: December 18, 2013, 04:51:35 pm »

Oh also they finally announced a new smash bros character.
.. And its Princess Rosalina. Kinda meh.
Who?
The princess from mario galaxy.
You mean that other palette swap of Peach?
Honestly I'd love to see some more little known Nintendo characters get thrown in there. If they're going to throw in the Wii-Fit trainer, why not the Postman from Majora's Mask? Or the Skull Kid? If you're going to include Megaman, why not throw in a robot master or two like Cutman or Fireman, or make Gutsman a giant character or something? How about Protoman? Amaterasu from Okami would make a pretty kickass addition too, but then you go and announce a character who was basically a Peach stand-in in one Mario game? I am disappoint, Nintendo-san.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118172 on: December 18, 2013, 04:54:16 pm »

I still want another Metroid character. Make Ridley playable and give his miniboss duties to the Nightmare! It'd be awesome!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #118173 on: December 18, 2013, 05:01:11 pm »

I still want another Metroid character. Make Ridley playable and give his miniboss duties to the Nightmare! It'd be awesome!
Better yet, make bosses controllable with the Wii U Gamepad.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #118174 on: December 18, 2013, 05:07:31 pm »

Oh also they finally announced a new smash bros character.
.. And its Princess Rosalina. Kinda meh.
Who?
The princess from mario galaxy.
You mean that other palette swap of Peach?
Honestly I'd love to see some more little known Nintendo characters get thrown in there. If they're going to throw in the Wii-Fit trainer, why not the Postman from Majora's Mask? Or the Skull Kid? If you're going to include Megaman, why not throw in a robot master or two like Cutman or Fireman, or make Gutsman a giant character or something? How about Protoman? Amaterasu from Okami would make a pretty kickass addition too, but then you go and announce a character who was basically a Peach stand-in in one Mario game? I am disappoint, Nintendo-san.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWhWAUrLqKQ

She looks like Olimar more than anything

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #118175 on: December 18, 2013, 05:17:40 pm »

Skull Kid was shown to be an assist trophy a while back
It's FEF, not FEOF

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #118176 on: December 18, 2013, 05:32:50 pm »

She seems to control more like Ice Climbers in that you're sort of controlling two characters at once

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #118177 on: December 18, 2013, 07:48:49 pm »

She seems to control more like Ice Climbers in that you're sort of controlling two characters at once
That's what I was thinking too. Looks like fun to play as, at any rate.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #118178 on: December 18, 2013, 10:29:35 pm »

After enough pent up work stress and a malfunctioning moped being the straw that broke the camel's back, causing me to accidentally break a few cosmetic things on it in a couple fits of rage (didn't have power, and I had to manually jump start it from work, and a second time returning from work, and it barely had any power to start again, and I almost broke my toe trying to manually start it again (it put a permanent dent on my boot where my toes could have been), basically, I had enough crap for the season and nearly fell into a depression spiral so bad, I didn't even feel like drinking beer to soften the pain, mostly because it felt pointless by that point.). But then, after a decent bundle investment, I came across an article that caught my eye, and learned of this.

I wish him the best of luck, and I want one. Dude sounds passionate enough in his project to keep tabs on; as for other companies that might work on their own (*cough*Microsoft and Sony*cough*), I don't think they'll give much a crap, and just render it as another gimmick item once Oculus takes off, unless they feel like copyright/patent trolling or some other standard industry/corproate practice BS that is borderline illegal to pull, and make Oculus look like a foolish endeavor, and restrict innovation just to keep their crown by releasing their own passionless money-machine that vaguely resembles the competition product they killed off and are wearing the skins of. Godspeed man, and don't let these guys demolish a VR system that actually looks promising and not lame.

As bonus points, his attention is on PC users more, and he's also backed by John Carmack (Doom), and even Cliffy B (Unreal) is excited about it; which makes me look even more forward to what can be done with it (especially since it's visual range even reaches the peripheral sighted with a generous 110-degree FOV). Also, upon realizing that despite having 2 eyes, I tend to lack depth perception sometimes (unless wearing glasses, or am really drunk or stoned), and that it's a real medical condition, with doing some development work with Oculus himself (different guy), a possible cure is abound. I feel even more optimistic about this, and that a properly developed VR system can actually help me out, and I get to have fun using it while at it. I also appreciate that it's bound to be released around Q3 or Q4 of next year. YAY! I want one, and damn the expense.

Now, while I'm back in Happy Mode again (compared to how I was a few moments ago, that was a long-shot in the dark to even happen); I wonder how long before Sword Art Online becomes a reality. I can care less if it becomes a Death Game, and I get trapped in it. Better than Reality by a significant margin.

EDIT:
Forgot link to article.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 10:47:27 pm by Itnetlolor »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #118179 on: December 18, 2013, 10:32:10 pm »

Dude, Oculus isn't some indy show anymore. They aren't backed by John Carmack, he's working for them. Valve is backing them.

Also, SAO's concept is a total ripoff of .hack// :I

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118180 on: December 18, 2013, 10:33:47 pm »

Ditto. Ridley would be great, although they'd have to scale him down and nerf him a lot, couldn't have him anything like the games :P

Problem is, he's the only Metroid character other than Samus who is actually badass and appears more than once.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #118181 on: December 18, 2013, 10:38:40 pm »

Ditto. Ridley would be great, although they'd have to scale him down and nerf him a lot, couldn't have him anything like the games :P

Problem is, he's the only Metroid character other than Samus who is actually badass and appears more than once.
Ridley the Undying. Would explain having a character with 3 lives to lose over trial and error, like the good ol' days.

Dude, Oculus isn't some indy show anymore. They aren't backed by John Carmack, he's working for them. Valve is backing them.

Also, SAO's concept is a total ripoff of .hack// :I
I never watched/played .hack. How is it compared to SAO? Story-wise and such?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118182 on: December 18, 2013, 10:41:46 pm »

I would accept Dark Samus as a substitution for Ridley, provided it isn't simply a palette swap and has unique moves.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #118183 on: December 18, 2013, 10:43:11 pm »

Well, there's a lot to it. It's a full media franchise.

I'm really referring specifically to .hack//SIGN, in which the main character is in a coma in real life but still conscious with agency in-game.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118184 on: December 18, 2013, 10:49:05 pm »

It's 5 AM, I'm drunk, and I just finished my last assignment due before Christmas.
I was also drunk yesterday, and I shall be drunk the next two evenings. Life is good.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 7877 7878 [7879] 7880 7881 ... 13312