Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7881 7882 [7883] 7884 7885 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14546365 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Get back to starbound guize. Cirno kickstarting burritos. (Happy thread)
« Reply #118230 on: December 19, 2013, 10:25:17 pm »

Double post: Suddenly on TV the comedians are talking about single life and asking women out.  The first comedian describing how you get when you're about to ask a girl out. Right when you psych yourself up, you say, "That's it. I'm going. FUCK IT! I'M GOING! I GOT THIS!" "No." "Well how abo- Oh. Damnit."
The one time I asked someone out in a nutshell :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Get back to starbound guize. Cirno kickstarting burritos. (Happy thread)
« Reply #118231 on: December 19, 2013, 10:27:53 pm »

Asking people out is easy. If they say no, ask the next one that suits your tastes. Don't be scared of rejection, there's lots of people out there who would be happy with you. [/generic advice for happies]

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #118232 on: December 19, 2013, 11:09:59 pm »

I like how people say this, know how nerve wracking it is, and talk as if their advice would make al that worry disappear :/

Or, at least, it comes across like that.
It tends to be the advice that remains true despite how seemingly unhelpful it is.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118233 on: December 19, 2013, 11:18:33 pm »

I like how people say this, know how nerve wracking it is, and talk as if their advice would make al that worry disappear :/

Or, at least, it comes across like that.
This is nothing but a sales technique. Half of my sales training was basically, "Man up and ask like you mean it. If you get rejected, pick yourself up and try again until you get it right." That's really all there is to it. The worst that can happen is that someone says no, or otherwise doesn't accept. You can't be crushed by that. You just have to keep plugging away until you make the magic happen.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118234 on: December 19, 2013, 11:41:54 pm »

I find it (probably somewhat sadistically, sadly) amusing reading about people becoming nervous wrecks over asking people out, since I never had to go through it myself. And I'm very glad I never will. I imagine it must suck.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #118235 on: December 19, 2013, 11:56:10 pm »

Five! Five circles! That just leaves 5 squares for talents. Since I haven't fully fleshed out the text side of those, it'll have to wait. I'll need to really know what I'm going for. But I should probably do writing work instead of art assets now. I still have core rules to lay down.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #118237 on: December 20, 2013, 12:17:03 am »

... y'know, without clicking on it, I wonder. The raised by Joker one?

I haven't read that one. Seen it in passing a few times, but...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #118238 on: December 20, 2013, 12:28:58 am »

It is fucking BRILLIANT. I cannot stop my laughter.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #118239 on: December 20, 2013, 12:43:44 am »

I ordered a Gaunt's Ghost collector's edition of models for Warhammer 40k for my best friend. I'm not usually a gift getter, but when I get gifts, I get something that really fits. I can only imagine how happy he will be about it. :D I DID use it as a poorly disguised excuse to get myself some regular old guardsmen and the IG codex though.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118240 on: December 20, 2013, 01:06:00 am »

I ordered a Gaunt's Ghost collector's edition of models for Warhammer 40k for my best friend. I'm not usually a gift getter, but when I get gifts, I get something that really fits. I can only imagine how happy he will be about it. :D I DID use it as a poorly disguised excuse to get myself some regular old guardsmen and the IG codex though.
What did you get me? :P

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118243 on: December 20, 2013, 01:56:16 am »

I always had issues with it because I took about half a year to 'vet' girls before I asked them out.

Good news, really narrows down the list of people I'd ask out.
Bad news, the ones that DO like me generally have given up by that point and so are a little bit 'why didn't you get my hints three months ago'?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 7881 7882 [7883] 7884 7885 ... 13312