Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7882 7883 [7884] 7885 7886 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14555500 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Get back to starbound guize. Cirno kickstarting burritos. (Happy thread)
« Reply #118246 on: December 20, 2013, 02:00:28 am »

I ordered a Gaunt's Ghost collector's edition of models for Warhammer 40k for my best friend. I'm not usually a gift getter, but when I get gifts, I get something that really fits. I can only imagine how happy he will be about it. :D I DID use it as a poorly disguised excuse to get myself some regular old guardsmen and the IG codex though.
What did you get me? :P

I considered putting a hit out on you with the Gargoyle Ninja clan so you could have some epic martial arts battles, but I hear they exceed the contract and go after family, and I didn't want your daughter to make an entire clan of ninjas feel like a bunch of chump motherfuckers so I got you a tastefully arranged fruit basket instead, because nothing says, "Friends forever!" like a bunch of rapidly decaying plant matter in a wicker basket.

Also, related to the girls thing. I don't really ask people out anymore. Except I keep planning to. And I have semi-date like things lined up sometimes. And I am apparently the fall-back plan for one chick, which is both somewhat insulting and somewhat gratifying. And I have a casual friend-with-benefits-kinda-sorta-not-really-but-still. Basically, I have no fucking idea what is going on in my love life, except that I know 'love life' is an overly grandiose term for staring at women in the grocery store*.

*All proper credit goes to That Mitchell And Webb Look for this line.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Get back to starbound guize. Cirno kickstarting burritos. (Happy thread)
« Reply #118247 on: December 20, 2013, 02:01:08 am »

I always had issues with it because I took about half a year to 'vet' girls before I asked them out.

Good news, really narrows down the list of people I'd ask out.
Bad news, the ones that DO like me generally have given up by that point and so are a little bit 'why didn't you get my hints three months ago'?
Ah, the Consumer Reports problem.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

t. fortsorter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Most Sophisticated Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #118248 on: December 20, 2013, 02:02:39 am »

"Hints are for scrubs, m'dear." Tack spoke with his usual resplendent voice before embracing the lady he courted with both arms, and as she returned the gesture picked her up, threw her behind his back and walked out of the building. As he slowly strode towards his preferred mean of transportation, the building exploded. "You do enjoy lobster, do you not?" the newly christened terrorist said as if to himself while dusting off his suit and placing his accomplice alongside him in the vehicle. The two went on to live a long, fulfilling life together, which was sadly cut short by a drone strike. The life of a terrorist is suffering.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118249 on: December 20, 2013, 02:14:43 am »

I...

That seems oddly accurate in a variety of ways.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #118250 on: December 20, 2013, 02:25:35 am »

Christmas party tomorrow, i decided my gift this year is a boxed potato, digging further though there is a 10 dollar gift card for Chilis.

t. fortsorter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Most Sophisticated Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #118251 on: December 20, 2013, 02:26:48 am »

Haha, I try~
Except that I haven't! I'm glad I managed to make that not even a short story easy to identify with for you!
Maybe you should try blowing up a building sometime, see how that works~ Legally, of course! I would never suggest you do illegal things, they are illegal~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #118253 on: December 20, 2013, 03:40:06 am »

... just remember to include a vector graphic wind scorpion, somewhere. And good luck :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #118254 on: December 20, 2013, 04:28:52 am »

I came across this on my facebook feed. It's Isaac Asimov being optimistic and happy about the future after visiting the 1964 World's Fair, and how he thought things would turn out in 2014.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #118255 on: December 20, 2013, 04:35:30 am »

Suprises me how much of these things we actually have, doesn't it.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #118256 on: December 20, 2013, 04:39:42 am »

And how many we are horrifically far behind on. I mean, come on. Moon colonies.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #118257 on: December 20, 2013, 04:44:39 am »

We're not actually that far behind. Honestly, if the budget was available we could get them in 5 years.

The laser communication technology is being prototyped right now. (talking about space lasers, not fiber net).

Truly, it just shows the genius of Asimov. Many of the inaccuracies can be traced back to a few incidents he could not predict. The Chernobyl incident, the fall of the Sovjet Union and the end of the space race, and the fact that you can stuff lots of people in tiny areas without them complaining.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #118258 on: December 20, 2013, 05:19:52 am »

Heh, windows with controllable opacity and glass that polarizes out harsh sunlight: check. Not that common, but still check.

'Robots will neither be common nor very good in 2014, but they will be in existence.' Check.

'Much effort will be put into the designing of vehicles with "Robot-brains"*vehicles that can be set for particular destinations and that will then proceed there without interference by the slow reflexes of a human driver.' Check. Again, not that common, but it's a thing.

'In 2014, there is every likelihood that the world population will be 6,500,000,000 and the population of the United States will be 350,000,000.' A little underestimated on the former, slightly overestimated on the latter, but close.

I omitted all the inaccurate ones, but he nailed some.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #118259 on: December 20, 2013, 05:23:59 am »

We're not actually that far behind. Honestly, if the budget was available we could get them in 5 years.
If we don't have permanent Moon colonies by the time I'm sixty, I swear I'm gonna hunt down and butcher everyone who didn't provide funding.
Pages: 1 ... 7882 7883 [7884] 7885 7886 ... 13312