Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7883 7884 [7885] 7886 7887 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14547080 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Get back to starbound guize. Cirno kickstarting burritos. (Happy thread)
« Reply #118260 on: December 20, 2013, 05:32:09 am »

And how many we are horrifically far behind on. I mean, come on. Moon colonies.
We're not actually that far behind. Honestly, if the budget was available we could get them in 5 years.
If we don't have permanent Moon colonies by the time I'm sixty, I swear I'm gonna hunt down and butcher everyone who didn't provide funding.

No you won't. You will be busy being sixty.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Get back to starbound guize. Cirno kickstarting burritos. (Happy thread)
« Reply #118261 on: December 20, 2013, 05:37:15 am »

Busy being sixty. HAH! I'm going to take that NAD miracle drug and be 23 forever!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #118262 on: December 20, 2013, 05:45:47 am »

Busy being sixty. HAH! I'm going to take that NAD miracle drug and be 23 forever!

NAD is not a drug. It's not even something new, it's a compound that pops up in high school-level Biology courses when talking about basic cellular biochemistry: Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118263 on: December 20, 2013, 05:48:31 am »

Gesundheit.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #118264 on: December 20, 2013, 05:54:08 am »

We're not actually that far behind. Honestly, if the budget was available we could get them in 5 years.
If we don't have permanent Moon colonies by the time I'm sixty, I swear I'm gonna hunt down and butcher everyone who didn't provide funding.
By the time you are sixty, you will be far too busy playing Dwarf Fortress 1.0

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #118265 on: December 20, 2013, 06:01:20 am »

By the time you are sixty, you will be far too busy playing Dwarf Fortress 1.0
Nah, we'll have Mars colonies by the time DF 1.0 comes out.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #118266 on: December 20, 2013, 06:05:47 am »

Nah, we'll be incorporated into the metaphysical pandimensional collective before DF 1.0 comes out.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #118267 on: December 20, 2013, 06:10:53 am »

Who says that hasn't already started? Soon you will be assimilated

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #118268 on: December 20, 2013, 06:31:01 am »

I'm what you might call a casual conspiracy finder, I do it when I'm bored and I was talking to my friend when I had one of my more grandiose moments:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Shortened up, I was talking about... Just read the spoiler, it's too large to recount even singularity like compressed.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

t. fortsorter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Most Sophisticated Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #118269 on: December 20, 2013, 06:32:53 am »

Alleecat, you're not supposed to tell them that! ^^
Now they'll be looking out for something trying to assimilate them. This sets back the actual assimilation by... a week, haha~

Humans as bees, hmm... will we be able to make honey~? That'd make things so much easier... if a bit more disgusting, but easier nonetheless!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118270 on: December 20, 2013, 06:40:50 am »

It wasn't really that, I was talking about how in the situation when a species would become too prominent, it would become more... Centralised, bees I was using as an example for the fact how smart they were compared in size to humans, I was saying communism was the first part, the first part to a hive, not specifically mind, however, twitter and Facebook are like that, how much time do we spend waiting to talk, to 'connect', even here, it should be apparent, you see, once, my phone ran out of charge in a crowded mall, and you know what i felt?

Empty, humans always wanted companionship, but we have been more and more needing for that, in only specific ways, eventually, it will end when we have lost the concept of 'money' or 'reward', except if you consider enough sustenance and shelter to keep you alive 'rewards', the fact is, the size of the earth and unpredictability of humans has only slowed it down, it haven't stopped it, it never has.
Alan help.

t. fortsorter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118271 on: December 20, 2013, 06:48:40 am »

Oh my... you believe communism is a plausible system? I would like to agree with you.
The information hive is not going to happen, methinks. Facebook? Real people, fake opinions. I hate to say, but on imageboards people are more honest with their feelings than on Twitter, because nobody will track you down and make your life miserable if you tell others something bad about your neighbor, haha~
Which doesn't mean I'm not taking into account the multitude of trolls on both mediums!
Your phone running out of charge explains why you feel so invested into your theory~ Humans are social beings! Surely, this has changed once we no longer needed to be huddled together in a cave in order to not starve to death, but even the most extreme introvert will interact with society at large... once a decade maybe, haha~
The powers that be will never allow us to enter post-scarcity because they will have as little hold over resources as everyone else at that point, and their power comes from being able to control resources. That's what I think at the least, sorry~

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118272 on: December 20, 2013, 06:49:37 am »

This.  This makes me happy.  And I'm happy to share it with you all, too.

This doesn't involve mathematics and your portrait isn't something delicious.

CALL THE CONSPIRACY POLICE!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118273 on: December 20, 2013, 06:55:05 am »

What? Oh, I'm not invested into my theory, I'm fine with it being debunked, I was pointing out what I had gathered, nothing that I was invested in at all, I guess you could come to that conclusion honestly, my ending did sound a bit melodramatic but I always do that, apart from that, I can't tell how you made out that I thought communism was a plausible idea, I never thought that at all, anyway, sorry if I said something wrong anyway.
Alan help.

t. fortsorter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118274 on: December 20, 2013, 07:01:48 am »

Well you should be invested into your theory! :3
These are my thoughts, and that's how the world may work! This may be our future! Would you let go of your future easily?
You're way too soft~ Not that it's a bad thing of course! You should be able to stand your ground though, and not end up apologizing because I've jumped to conclusions, haha~ Especially since I've done so to the wrong ones!
I assumed you said communism was plausible because you said that humans will inevitably form hives, and communism is the first step to a hive, so obviously when forming the inevitable hive humans will form communism! I... really can't see the flaw in logic this might have. Could you please point it out to me so I make no such mistake again?
Being melodramatic is fine, really! as long as you don't do it all the time, since it loses all meaning, and nobody wants that you know~
Pages: 1 ... 7883 7884 [7885] 7886 7887 ... 13312