Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7971 7972 [7973] 7974 7975 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14545998 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ] WHY ARE WE YELLING? (Happy thread...?)
« Reply #119580 on: January 15, 2014, 01:36:54 am »

Just have to ask--why remake Morrowind (I don't know most of this and am only basing my information on 'Morrowind = people's best choice. Ever. And it's also sold on Steam.')

Also Skywind?

Skywind is an attempt by some skyrim modders to make a morrowind remake in the skyrim engine. They use a lot of materials directly ported form Oblivion, and I think also morrowind, which is strictly against bethesda's policies so they've been getting themselves into a large lake of very hot water, and banned from the bethsoft forums. They also repeatedly nagged the Beyond Skyrim (which has some dedicated modellers and texture artists) team to share assets with them. We had to remind them, every time, that any such association would probably get us in deep shit, and most of what they offered to "trade" was stuff they'd stolen off of other games anyway.

IIRC, the same modders were making "morroblivion" or something for Oblivion.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #119582 on: January 15, 2014, 03:04:36 am »

Interesting note to the above is that Skyrim is running the same engine as Morrowind.

Obviously it's been updated over the years, but many of Morrowind's limitations were carried into Oblivion and from there into Skyrim.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #119583 on: January 15, 2014, 03:08:50 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am the 0.6% now.
Now I can go play other games.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119584 on: January 15, 2014, 06:43:49 am »

Just cleaned all the scungy, mouldy stuff out of my kitchen sink and washed the dishes that have been sitting there for weeks.
Good work, me!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #119585 on: January 15, 2014, 08:23:56 am »

Just found an Leather office chair on the road next to my house, decided to take and check it out.
Seem like an bit connecting the chair to the wheel part is bended but it still good so I decided to put in my room since for my new bed and stuff.
Feels good to have some new stuff

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119586 on: January 15, 2014, 08:58:51 am »

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu...
Manga...
Chapter 72...

It hurt suppressing the laughter and pure enjoyment experianced from this chapter alone. But I had to stay quiet for the family...

BUT IT ROCKED!!!

Go read it now...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119587 on: January 15, 2014, 09:01:36 am »

Alright SquareEnix, you have to make up your mind already: Do you want to make shitty demos, or amazing demos? ONE OR THE OTHER PICK ONE!

Cause the demo for Final Fantasy Theatrythm was awful. It was two songs, and didn't even give you the slightest taste of what the actual game was like.

Now, this new game you're wheeling out in February, Bravely Default, has the most JAW-DROPPINGLY AWESOME demo I've ever seen. This demo is so big and roomy, so generous and detailed, so gracious and fun for a free demo! You could legitimately package this as it's own game at a reduced cost, like a couple bucks, and NOBODY would bat an eye at it.

Like, I don't know who you pay to advertise your games, the guys that make the trailers need to be fired, cause they undersold the shit out of this. I've been playing it for two days now, and while the leveling system is obviously pint-sized to just give you a taste of what the actual game will be like, it's still expansive enough to be like "WHOA I HAVE SO MUCH STUFF TO DO!" and so I did do the demo, I've been playing it for two days now, and I'll be using my third day to finish it up.

To summarize, this game is like Final Fantasy 5 + Mii plaza + Cookie Clicker = Fuck you Square take my money.

I'm really impressed, even though I already know that when I buy the game, I will only very rarely street pass with other people that also have it, which is KINDA what a major portion of the game is obviously built around. Still, the other parts of the game can easily stand without that leg, you have your bases covered here. Good job.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #119588 on: January 15, 2014, 10:54:29 am »

Does it randomize anything other than item locations?

Just item locations. AFAIK, it mixes up the super missile/energy tank/missile locations and major items/reserve tank locations only.

Oh, that reminds me of something funny. I killed Crocomire with my plasma/wave/charge beam (One-shot, yeahaw!), went to the left and realized I have neither the grappling beam nor the high jump boots. So I went back into Crocomire's room and shinesparked into the room in the top left of the room to the left of his where there's normally a power bomb (which makes a good sequence break in normal play, btw). There was a power bomb. Woo! So then I went deeper and... more power bombs, more power bombs, X-ray scope (), more power bombs. So I had to wall-jump out of his place because I didn't have room to shinespark nor did I have the grappling beam. Woo.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #119589 on: January 15, 2014, 12:19:10 pm »

-snip-
Is it so hard not to misuse a gif about an old man celebrating the apocalypse?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119590 on: January 15, 2014, 01:20:30 pm »

I go back to work tomorrow. Finally, income again!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119591 on: January 15, 2014, 01:27:24 pm »

I finally gave in and bought the original X-coms. Now i will annihilate aliens with no regard to property damage. quickly and cleanly save humanity.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #119592 on: January 15, 2014, 01:36:46 pm »

I came out clean, and I came out creepin'!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119593 on: January 15, 2014, 01:49:52 pm »

I finally gave in and bought the original X-coms. Now i will annihilate aliens with no regard to property damage. quickly and cleanly save humanity.

OpenXcom.

It improves the original by fixing all the bugs. Lets you change resolutions, removes the 80-item limit, items stack in the troop equipping screen (saves so much time) and there's a whole bunch of enhancements you can choose to enable if you want. As brilliant as the first X-com is, it does have it's problems. You do require the X-com UD files, but that shouldn't be a problem.

http://openxcom.org/

It doesn't have tftd support yet, but that's coming. There is no reason not to use OpenXcom if you want to play the original.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #119594 on: January 15, 2014, 01:57:36 pm »

-snip-
Dude i was much surprised by this demo, The combat fits exactly with old final fantasy and i love the mash up for multi classing. Colour me sold.
Pages: 1 ... 7971 7972 [7973] 7974 7975 ... 13312