Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7975 7976 [7977] 7978 7979 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14538578 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ] WHY ARE WE YELLING? (Happy thread...?)
« Reply #119640 on: January 16, 2014, 10:32:33 am »

I can technically do around 20, but that's the point where my shoulder joints start crackling. Much better with chin-ups because there's less pressure on my joints. :/

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119641 on: January 16, 2014, 12:17:15 pm »

I can do like, 5, maybe. Exercise suucks.

Also 'sup?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 12:20:46 pm by The Merchant Of Menace »
*Hugs*

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119642 on: January 16, 2014, 12:24:47 pm »

No matter how old I can get, I can always seem to do 20 pushups.  The next day I can only do 5 though, so I've concluded that they must be bad for you and I generally avoid doing them.  :P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119643 on: January 16, 2014, 01:44:33 pm »

I cannot manage to get my spine to remain rigid, somehow, so technically I don't think I can even do one. Ah well.

High five!

I can't do any, either.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #119644 on: January 16, 2014, 02:13:45 pm »

For some reason I've never been able to do more than 20 at a time. I generally poop out around 15. But I can rest and do another set after a few minutes. And then there's a point after enough sets that I can't do any more than 3 or 5 before quitting.

My thinking goes, I'm not just using my arms, I'm using a lot of different muscles. And I've got to be lifting at least half my body weight, probably more since my head and chest are a good proportion of my mass. But I'm not lifting my lower legs or my arms at all ... how do you figure this stuff out?

It doesn't help that the weight machine I get to use doesn't have the load printed on the weights. Instead it has numbers, like the first weight in the stack is "1" and the next weight is "2". I'd like to meet the guy who thought that was a great idea, and shake his hand, and buy him a sandwich, because the incompetent jackass is probably unemployed and homeless by now.

But if I knew what the load of each of those weights was, I could compare how it feels to do the same pushing exercise on the machine vs. a push-up and approximate how much weight of my body I'm lifting with a push-up.

I used to be able to do fingertip push-ups. Like, on all 10 fingers, not just one. But I figured it didn't have much value over a regular push-up and was probably bad for my fingers.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119645 on: January 16, 2014, 02:46:35 pm »

It seems like upper body strength has to do with it, too. My arms and legs are in okay shape, but I cannot do a single crunch, and the chest area shakes horribly when doing push-ups. Perhaps if both chest and arm were strong, with a decent BMI, anyone could do twenty or more push-ups...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #119646 on: January 16, 2014, 02:46:46 pm »

I cannot manage to get my spine to remain rigid, somehow, so technically I don't think I can even do one. Ah well.

High five!

I can't do any, either.
* miauw62 high-fives too

Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tube(wo)men assemble!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #119647 on: January 16, 2014, 02:52:05 pm »

My new (well, actually thirty years old, but recently acquired and in perfect shape) leather trenchcoat has undergone trial by, uh, sucky cold-ish weather today. And it was perfect.

Also finally figured out how into spectroscopy.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119648 on: January 16, 2014, 02:56:14 pm »

After four years of completely untreated PTSD, I'm finally going in this coming Tuesday to get help.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #119649 on: January 16, 2014, 03:01:03 pm »

Sounds like there's a lot of winning going on in this thread.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #119650 on: January 16, 2014, 05:37:54 pm »

After four years of completely untreated PTSD, I'm finally going in this coming Tuesday to get help.
Hey, good for you! I hope things start looking up very soon.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #119651 on: January 16, 2014, 06:21:23 pm »

I checked just now, and I can do about 50 pushups, though i expect I'd be able to do a maximum of 70 when not tired.

Good job Vector. I hope it goes well.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #119652 on: January 16, 2014, 06:25:40 pm »

I hope it goes well
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #119653 on: January 16, 2014, 06:36:16 pm »

Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119654 on: January 16, 2014, 06:41:34 pm »

More necromancers need giant robots and a tastefully designed suit. Battle dog is pretty great folks ;_;

Battle Pug is the only battle dog web comic for me.(also has necromancers but so far no giant robots)

:P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 ... 7975 7976 [7977] 7978 7979 ... 13312