Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7988 7989 [7990] 7991 7992 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14689757 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ] WHY ARE WE YELLING? (Happy thread...?)
« Reply #119835 on: January 19, 2014, 10:58:50 pm »

Any other cool new features? I'm so far behind latest update I played was something to do with wheel burrows...

Wheel... Burrows... Great now I want moving fortresses.

Seriously though, an update hasn't been released in well over a year so you're probably up to date.

Although in the devlog today Toady mentioned he got jumping and climbing for fortress-mode creatures to work, so they can sneak into your fortress.  Can't wait for that.

Hmm, walls are going to have to be taller then one block high now. Either that or a really deep pit on the inside.

I hope the dwarves don't start climbing to reach otherwise inaccessible items. I can just see them climbing down a well to collect the last victims clothes.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119836 on: January 19, 2014, 10:59:09 pm »

Seriously though, an update hasn't been released in well over a year so you're probably up to date.
Oh... Oh ho ho ho! So it is one of those updates.  :D
Great, now I need to start reading the log again. Screw you guys!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119837 on: January 19, 2014, 11:01:18 pm »

Wait... you people don't read the devlog?  Man, go to January 9th and prepare to be dumbstruck.

Speaking of which, I've been in a mood to try it again myself...
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119838 on: January 19, 2014, 11:04:38 pm »

Really..?
The first reclaimable fortress in this world is Amostiklist, and it is the home of a dragon, Ibmat Gemglowing the Bejeweled Furnaces. In just the second year, he killed the king and various other notable dwarves, and this wasn't even their first trouble. Before the first winter had passed, a demon named Mete Deepterror and a couple dozen goblins and trolls killed almost everybody, but the king managed to hold out with the help of the baron he placed over the fortress, who single-handledly killed more than half of the attackers. The demon killed the mayor but fled in the end. Then everybody met the dragon not many months after. Over the last 100 years, the dragon has defeated seven heroes and is looking forward to seven dwarves or another naive adventurer.

And I am reminded why legends mode is a legitimate game play type.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #119839 on: January 19, 2014, 11:08:31 pm »

You can RSS the devlog~

... I'll admit, I don't keep up with it very rigorously, though. Peek occasionally (which almost always reveals ~awesome~just~implemented~), but by and large... I want to be surprised, when I load up the next release.

But man, if Boss Toad's got jumping and climbing fortress critters working, that probably means that swimming and flying ones are either working or (hopefully) not far behind. I've been dreaming of functioning fortress mode flying since before I made posts regarding flying bugs. Which is to say, a whiles back :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #119840 on: January 19, 2014, 11:14:23 pm »

Not 100% mind. They don't actively path unless there is combat involved or they're stuck.

But wow dude there is so much stuff. I mean it's completely fucking wow. Combat revamped, personality revamped, world-gen in play, and so much more. so much more.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #119841 on: January 19, 2014, 11:19:52 pm »

Yeah, the game is getting into truly epic territory.  Like if it holds up to all its promise, I might have trouble appreciating most other games anymore :P
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119842 on: January 19, 2014, 11:52:58 pm »

New avatars.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #119843 on: January 20, 2014, 01:03:45 am »

I never played the first one, but I did play both the expansions. They weren't terribly scary, but the parts where your buddies get messed up PK style were cool.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #119844 on: January 20, 2014, 01:35:06 am »

I rewatched a bunch of AoT today. I completely lost focus on doing things that mattered, but in my defense at least half of them hit a brick wall of "I don't know how to navigate your bureaucracy on a weekend when your offices are closed". Also, had a good walk with occasional sprinting, got the magical combat maneuvers hammered out, and learned that vanilla+mint is a surprisingly good combination. An acceptable day.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119845 on: January 20, 2014, 02:00:20 am »

Finally made it to thirty push-ups. Arms quaking. WIMPY NERD FITNESS TIER: Charles Atlas Jr. Jr. Jr.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #119846 on: January 20, 2014, 02:04:21 am »

Finally made it to thirty push-ups. Arms quaking. WIMPY NERD FITNESS TIER: Charles Atlas Jr. Jr. Jr.
Make it to 50. FOR GREAT JUSTICE.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119847 on: January 20, 2014, 02:06:51 am »

That is a good set! Now go do 30 diamond push ups, gotta work those arms, mother trucker!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #119848 on: January 20, 2014, 02:21:06 am »

Do 15 of those push ups where you push yourself off the ground and slap your hands.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119849 on: January 20, 2014, 02:23:24 am »

Clap push ups are actually pretty easy, double claps are hard, triple claps are freaking impossible.
Try elevating your feet onto a chair, with hands on the ground, and doing a set like that.  :P
Pages: 1 ... 7988 7989 [7990] 7991 7992 ... 13312