Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7999 8000 [8001] 8002 8003 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14561745 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ] WHY ARE WE YELLING? (Happy thread...?)
« Reply #120000 on: January 22, 2014, 01:15:42 am »

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #120002 on: January 22, 2014, 01:42:34 am »

That's pointy, not sharp!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120003 on: January 22, 2014, 06:13:41 am »

Happy thread because Breaking Bad is awesome but..

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My happy: Just walked back 2 kilometres back from the supermarket carrying a huge value pack of bottled water- 24 bottles in all.
Not actually sure how much it weighed, but far too much to carry easily. The happy part? It was much easier this time than last time.
* Yoink flex
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #120004 on: January 22, 2014, 06:53:42 am »

So apparently I'm in the market for an electric guitar now. My friend wants his bass back, and wants to set up a thing with the two of us and a third friend of ours. Looks like I'll have to trawl Craigslist for an instrument that doesn't suck and won't break my wallet- is it even possible to get one in the $50-$70 range?

I thought bass was neat, but if I go this route, I'll only have to shell out a fourth of the money for strings so I can set it lefty.

A $50-$70 is unheard of in Australia, so unless the guitar market in Murka is compleeeetely different or you get supes lucky that's unlucky. Also, even my $200 electric was a piece of shit; you'll want to spend a few hundred (again, in Australia, don't know about America) in order to get something decent.

Also, play right-handed if you are at all able to reverse yourself. I'm a lefty in most things, but I play guitar and bass right-handed; means I don't have to pay even more (!!!) for instruments, because it's not a case of 'reverse-the-string-order' for anything electric unless it's perfectly symmetrical, and even flying Vs and Les Pauls have knobs, pickguards and cable jacks to worry about.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #120005 on: January 22, 2014, 07:05:49 am »

So apparently I'm in the market for an electric guitar now. My friend wants his bass back, and wants to set up a thing with the two of us and a third friend of ours. Looks like I'll have to trawl Craigslist for an instrument that doesn't suck and won't break my wallet- is it even possible to get one in the $50-$70 range?

I thought bass was neat, but if I go this route, I'll only have to shell out a fourth of the money for strings so I can set it lefty.

A $50-$70 is unheard of in Australia, so unless the guitar market in Murka is compleeeetely different or you get supes lucky that's unlucky. Also, even my $200 electric was a piece of shit; you'll want to spend a few hundred (again, in Australia, don't know about America) in order to get something decent.

Also, play right-handed if you are at all able to reverse yourself. I'm a lefty in most things, but I play guitar and bass right-handed; means I don't have to pay even more (!!!) for instruments, because it's not a case of 'reverse-the-string-order' for anything electric unless it's perfectly symmetrical, and even flying Vs and Les Pauls have knobs, pickguards and cable jacks to worry about.

Also, at least for me, the dominant hand has more finger strength and the other precision. Meaning I have to train my fingers in other hand's strengths as righty.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #120006 on: January 22, 2014, 07:18:16 am »

Hereabouts you can pick up a decent Cort or similar electric for R2400 (about $240 at the current exchange rate), but the American market may differ, and you may be able to get a better deal off Cragislist or what-have-you.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #120007 on: January 22, 2014, 07:20:01 am »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #120008 on: January 22, 2014, 08:26:21 am »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #120009 on: January 22, 2014, 08:29:19 am »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #120010 on: January 22, 2014, 10:34:36 am »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #120011 on: January 22, 2014, 12:16:47 pm »

My passport application went over smoothly enough.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #120012 on: January 22, 2014, 12:21:35 pm »

My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120013 on: January 22, 2014, 12:23:46 pm »

I guess I'll be doing Logic as well as Geometry and Topology next semester. Life is good...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #120014 on: January 22, 2014, 01:34:54 pm »

Loaded up Brutal Doom for the first time this morning, and ran through the first level of Doom II before work.

Why did I wait so long to do this.  It's full of HUGE GUTS!

Going to LAN this with the kids tonight.  It will be great.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 7999 8000 [8001] 8002 8003 ... 13312