Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8012 8013 [8014] 8015 8016 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14637294 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ] WHY ARE WE YELLING? (Happy thread...?)
« Reply #120195 on: January 24, 2014, 04:46:48 pm »

Anamanaguchi

I like this kind of stuff, but is there a slower version of this type of music? This sounds like battle musics! I want me some calm R&B-Hacked NES soundscapes.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120196 on: January 24, 2014, 04:50:46 pm »

* Descan continues listening to his Red Army Choir, Mumford and Sons, and Of Monsters and Men.

>_____>
Hey, man, like what you like, but I'm still considering Judas Priest a victory.

Judas Priest is freaking amazing, total victory indeed. 

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120197 on: January 24, 2014, 04:54:02 pm »

Daughter is singing in her room. Generally, she sings crap her mother likes, mostly mainstream junk-pop and other top 40 crap (song of choice over the past couple of weeks is "Roar" by Katy Perry.) Today, she is singing "Breaking the Law," by Judas Priest, even though she hasn't heard it in a month. I consider this a victory.

That is one helluva victory. :D
If I had a child for some reason, I would definitely not want it singing Katy Perry. Clearly this makes you and Awesome ParentTM.

Also: Happy birthday, Naxza!
"You don't like the things I like and have your own preferences and that's a bad thing" :u
I can do that, too! "You have dislikes, so I'm going to mock you for it!" :u Look, man, I'm okay with people liking whatever. I just want to gently push her toward enjoying complexity instead of simplicity, as well as diversify her musical knowledge. Yesterday, we were listening to DJ Tiesto and BT in the car. Last week was Dream Theater. Finally, if she likes Katy Perry and Justin Bieber, that's fine, but I don't really want her to sing them around me, because I don't enjoy the format, kthx.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120198 on: January 24, 2014, 04:58:13 pm »

Daughter is singing in her room. Generally, she sings crap her mother likes, mostly mainstream junk-pop and other top 40 crap (song of choice over the past couple of weeks is "Roar" by Katy Perry.) Today, she is singing "Breaking the Law," by Judas Priest, even though she hasn't heard it in a month. I consider this a victory.

That is one helluva victory. :D
If I had a child for some reason, I would definitely not want it singing Katy Perry. Clearly this makes you and Awesome ParentTM.

Also: Happy birthday, Naxza!

"You don't like the things I like and have your own preferences and that's a bad thing" :u

Edit: quotederp

My gods, finally someone understands me! *Insert relevant image here*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #120199 on: January 24, 2014, 05:19:11 pm »

As of today, I've spent two decades on this earth.

Hurray.
Happy birthday! Here's to twenty more years, after which you may submit to a formal review to requisition another twenty.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120200 on: January 24, 2014, 05:28:05 pm »

My sister just gave me a couple of crazy awesome Kamen Rider figures as a late Christmas present.

Spoiler: Pics (click to show/hide)
All of them, including the dragon, are super poseable, and they came with an absurd amount of accessories (12 pairs of hands between them, not counting the claws, plus weapons and other things. The dragon's technically an accessory too). The claws on the tiger-guy have individually poseable fingers.

I'm so happy. :D

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120201 on: January 24, 2014, 05:29:58 pm »

My sister just gave me a couple of crazy awesome Kamen Rider figures as a late Christmas present.

Spoiler: Pics (click to show/hide)
All of them, including the dragon, are super poseable, and they came with an absurd amount of accessories (12 pairs of hands between them, not counting the claws, plus weapons and other things. The dragon's technically an accessory too). The claws on the tiger-guy have individually poseable fingers.

I'm so happy. :D
Looks expensive. But high quality.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120202 on: January 24, 2014, 05:31:19 pm »

Anamanaguchi

I like this kind of stuff, but is there a slower version of this type of music? This sounds like battle musics! I want me some calm R&B-Hacked NES soundscapes.

Like with any other genre, there are thousands of Chiptune artists, and multiple different eras of chip music. They're highly niche, and can be tough to find sometimes, but I can help you get started finding stuff you like. You're probably going to have to do some legwork on your own too!

Youtube users have done a pretty good job of making compilation videos. I'd personally suggest these guys:
Krelz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7lYzANjEiM
ReclusiveLemming: http://www.youtube.com/user/ReclusiveLemming?feature=watch

8-bit Collective fell off the net a few years back, but there's a video compilation of some chiptune artists they featured, and an archive download link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifQfFtgIwGE

Of course, if you feel brave, you can also dive into the Demoscene/Amiga Music era, which is a little-known treasure trove of old synthesized music, which used to be traded between artists on floppy disks in the 80s and 90s... complete with programmed music videos called "Demos", which demonstrated their ability to push old computer hardware to make pretty and technically-impressive visuals to go with their songs. If you feel like going on an adventure into 80s chiptunes, this ought to get you started:
http://www.lemonamiga.com/links/index.php?genre=9
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Amiga_music_format_players
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 05:48:02 pm by Solifuge »

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #120203 on: January 24, 2014, 05:40:47 pm »

I thoroughly enjoy that selection of links. Thanks!
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #120204 on: January 24, 2014, 05:44:10 pm »

I usually do the same, happy birthday either way!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120205 on: January 24, 2014, 05:52:09 pm »

-snip-
I thoroughly enjoy that selection of links. Thanks!
On an aside, thanks for those links, Soli. That's a field of music I didn't know I was interested in. Will investigate further soon.

No problem. Some friends in a programming class introduced me to a lot of this stuff, along with Nethack and Dwarf Fortress. I'm happy to pass along the info. Also, as a heads-up, the Demoscene still exists... though the modern stuff is a bit more gimicky and influenced by dance music. Still, in the interest of sharing... a music video created entirely in Excel:

http://www.demoscene.tv/page.php?id=172&lang=uk&vsmaction=view_prod&id_prod=13767

As of today, I've spent two decades on this earth.

Hurray.

Also Happy Birthday! Enjoy your hyperlinks!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 05:53:55 pm by Solifuge »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120206 on: January 24, 2014, 06:57:47 pm »

I still want a companion cube plushie, personally. Maybe a headcrab as well >.>
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #120207 on: January 24, 2014, 09:27:20 pm »

The Hudson river is still frozen. It's been three days now, and the second time this month. I've never seen either river freeze, even partially, so seeing ice floes is really cool. And abysmally cold too, but you can't have everything.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120208 on: January 24, 2014, 09:29:09 pm »

Yeah. But everyone would call me girly for that, and the headcrab's too gory for my parents :/
If anyone calls you girly for your companion cube, just stuff their face in your chest hair until they stop breathing, then pull them out and do CPR. Wait, you have chest hair like me, right? :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #120209 on: January 24, 2014, 09:40:42 pm »

Yeah. But everyone would call me girly for that, and the headcrab's too gory for my parents :/
If anyone calls you girly for your companion cube, just stuff their face in your chest hair until they stop breathing, then pull them out and do CPR. Wait, you have chest hair like me, right? :P
Or just ask them how their career as a McDonalds employee is going.

Because seriously, part of being a productive adult is not worrying about your manhood falling off when you decide to engage in some high culture. :P
Pages: 1 ... 8012 8013 [8014] 8015 8016 ... 13312