Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8014 8015 [8016] 8017 8018 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14543906 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ] WHY ARE WE YELLING? (Happy thread...?)
« Reply #120225 on: January 25, 2014, 02:53:32 am »

So do I. :-X

Anyway, happies: Going to go get myself some delicious vegetarian food from the local Hare Krishna restaurant using spare change I have lying around, then head on into the city to see a gig I've been looking forward to for ages. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120226 on: January 25, 2014, 04:46:20 am »

Not sure if this was the place in which we were talking about the CityCiv games (Caesar, Pharaoh, Emperor)

But is Children of the Nile any good? Sounds like a spiritual successor to Pharaoh, but I am... cautious. It looks toony.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #120227 on: January 25, 2014, 04:53:24 am »

It's good. It's mostly about social classes (with families as the smallest "unit" even though everyone acts individually), and has A LOT of information on ancient egyptian history. You can follow families around, so the kid may be getting clay for his father's workshop, the father  sells pottery for food and the mother than spends that food in other shops, etc).
I haven't ever taken the time to properly play it, even though I've spend hours on it already, but really just get it.

Make sure you build your city in the desert though, and not in the nice looking land that floods every year ;_;

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #120228 on: January 25, 2014, 04:57:19 am »

I usually do the same, happy birthday either way!
By the way, you should also check out rakohus on YouTube. He makes chiptune remixes often mainstream music, and it's generally pretty good.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #120229 on: January 25, 2014, 06:53:34 am »

After looking one video of pewdiepie and remembering the fateful encounter of one pewdiepie fanboy on the just cause 2 multiplayer steam release I decided to check out the comments, and hers the entire first page:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That shits like Mozart to my ears if I had a brain lobotomy I tell you.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120230 on: January 25, 2014, 08:49:19 am »

After looking one video of pewdiepie and remembering the fateful encounter of one pewdiepie fanboy on the just cause 2 multiplayer steam release I decided to check out the comments, and hers the entire first page:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That shits like Mozart to my ears if I had a brain lobotomy I tell you.

Here's a pewdiepie parody. Enjoy.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #120231 on: January 25, 2014, 09:01:45 am »

While this video is funny, I really don't know why the character of Pewdiepie gets hate. I'm using 'the charachter' of Pewdiepie, because honestly, Felix doesn't seem like a bad guy however I do agree on some points. He gets too much... praise(?) for doing things everyone else has done before a million times.

Saying that, I do want to bring up I don't watch him a lot, I'm still subbed because honestly, I haven't felt like going through that.

On another note, I can say the fanbase of his can get rather annoying and considering many of his fans are the militant fans instead of the chill fans, it's almost like you're calling the legions of hell or other equivalent on you(:P)

Feel free to tell me I'm a [insert homophobic slang/rascist slang].

:P

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120232 on: January 25, 2014, 09:19:21 am »

I just don't like the character he plays, which engenders such terrible fanboy/girlism. Though he seems to just pick up on what people have already done and gets ten grillion more views for it, which is just lazy as shit. EG: now that a few noname people, plus SuperGreatFriend among others did a You Testament playing of, he immediately jumped on the bandwagon and got a shitload more views for doing the same thing.

Additionally, his comment when someone made a different parody of pewdiepie video - i think it was Oney, not Speedo who did it was that "your parody just gives me more views and more money, lololol". Rather than responding maturely, i felt it was just immature of him to say that. I dunno, i'm not a fan of his style.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #120233 on: January 25, 2014, 09:57:39 am »

^ +

While the presentation and effects//timing are admirable, its in the...character that is off, in my opinion. He'd be a lot better if there was a lot lesser egotism or immaturity. He's got the gist of how the aspects of video presentation works out--only thing left is his character. >_>

Meaning: The symbol only is focused on entertainment alone and not that...holistic.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120234 on: January 25, 2014, 10:00:24 am »

^ +

While the presentation and effects//timing are admirable, its in the...character that is off, in my opinion. He'd be a lot better if there was a lot lesser egotism or immaturity. He's got the gist of how the aspects of video presentation works out--only thing left is his character. >_>

Meaning: The symbol only is focused on entertainment alone and not that...holistic.
I find that the character tends to simmer down a bit when he's doing new/novel games, rather than trying desperately to add something new to Happy Wheels or Amnesia.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #120235 on: January 25, 2014, 10:51:47 am »

I got an @ symbol to move around at my command using a python curses module. I am master of the cyber fabric.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120236 on: January 25, 2014, 10:55:13 am »

Bad judgement. I are stupid.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 11:22:49 am by Mephisto »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #120237 on: January 25, 2014, 11:04:47 am »

Getting gored is pretty dangerous :X
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #120238 on: January 25, 2014, 11:13:58 am »

That looked pretty painful.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #120239 on: January 25, 2014, 11:21:30 am »

I think wrong thread. :X
Pages: 1 ... 8014 8015 [8016] 8017 8018 ... 13312