Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8066 8067 [8068] 8069 8070 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14512778 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: [(•ω•)] Dr. Pepper, the one true soda. (happy thread?!)
« Reply #121005 on: February 03, 2014, 05:40:52 pm »

I have to say I'm a little disappointed. If I can't believe that Canada is essentially Antarctica except occupied by a very polite populas, what else is left in the world?
There are also maple trees, lumberjacks, beavers, and an excellent socialized medicine system that, like in many industrialized nations, provides free health care without ruining taxpayers or impoverishing doctors. Canadians evidently have an average life expectancy 3 years higher than Americans.
Where's your freedom now, Muerica?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121006 on: February 03, 2014, 05:42:01 pm »

I have to say I'm a little disappointed. If I can't believe that Canada is essentially Antarctica except occupied by a very polite populas, what else is left in the world?
There are also maple trees, lumberjacks, beavers, and an excellent socialized medicine system that, like in many industrialized nations, provides free health care without ruining taxpayers or impoverishing doctors. Canadians evidently have an average life expectancy 3 years higher than Americans.
Where's your freedom now, Muerica?

LONG LIVES ARE COMMUNISM

LIVE HARD DIE HARD AMERICAN DREAM APPLE PIE IF YOU TERRORIST YOU'RE A DISAGREE

wwww

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121007 on: February 03, 2014, 05:43:35 pm »

Should I point out that Australians have a life expectancy one year longer than Canadians? Still not as good as the Japanese though.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #121008 on: February 03, 2014, 05:44:59 pm »

That's ok, when I picture the Great Lakes cities and the whole Northeast I imagine Megacity One.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #121009 on: February 03, 2014, 06:03:06 pm »

Should I point out that Australians have a life expectancy one year longer than Canadians? Still not as good as the Japanese though.
Except the Japanese are slowly dying out due to low birth rates, and a large fraction of the population is too old to work...

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121010 on: February 03, 2014, 06:04:42 pm »

Except the Japanese are slowly dying out due to low birth rates, and a large fraction of the population is too old to work...

* LordSlowpoke slaps

they're overpopulated. they're not dying out, they're returning to a stable level

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121011 on: February 03, 2014, 06:09:35 pm »

* LordSlowpoke slaps

they're overpopulated. they're not dying out, they're returning to a stable level
Aging populations still present either an economic or humanitarian problem, depending on if you want to offer them any kind of welfare or not. In general you want a young healthy population with the production power to easily support a somewhat small number of elders.
The solution is to work smarter to compensate having less working people, but that sort of social advancement requires greater investment in all levels of education on a global scale, and frankly who needs schools when there are wars to wage, right?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121012 on: February 03, 2014, 06:10:40 pm »

That may very well be why Japan is so strong in robotics. >_>
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121013 on: February 03, 2014, 06:12:38 pm »

Yea, they are trying hard to save themselves, but the thing about education is that what helps one nation tends to help all nations. It seems that no matter how much effort you put into your education system, nobody can go it alone...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #121014 on: February 03, 2014, 06:13:36 pm »

Who knows, maybe 50-100 years from now, at least half of Japans workforce might consist of robots.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121015 on: February 03, 2014, 06:22:01 pm »

* LordSlowpoke slaps

*TCM claps L.S. with the 9*

Don't slap her! >_<
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #121016 on: February 03, 2014, 06:24:19 pm »

Who knows, maybe 50-100 years from now, at least half of Japans workforce might consist of robots.
You mean they aren't right now? Japan has the strictest corporate environments in the world. I can't believe they aren't robots.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #121017 on: February 03, 2014, 06:30:30 pm »

Robots all getting off work and going to the robot strip joint to oogle an old washing machine that's been set up on stage. After loudly finishing the rinse cycle the washer clunks to a stop and sprays the crowd with soapy water. They are enchanted. One robot-salaryman confides in her, drunkenly, that he would leave his robot wife (who is a reliable counter-mounted bread mixer with dough hook) if the washing machine would run away with him to live in Kitakyushu. The washer lets him have his dream as she just barely makes a lap dance happen. The sun sets over Kyoto's fuming skyline, jets of flaming exhaust flaring upward off the arcologies, and the sky darkens to television static.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121018 on: February 03, 2014, 06:58:06 pm »

Robots all getting off work and going to the robot strip joint to oogle an old washing machine that's been set up on stage. After loudly finishing the rinse cycle the washer clunks to a stop and sprays the crowd with soapy water. They are enchanted. One robot-salaryman confides in her, drunkenly, that he would leave his robot wife (who is a reliable counter-mounted bread mixer with dough hook) if the washing machine would run away with him to live in Kitakyushu. The washer lets him have his dream as she just barely makes a lap dance happen. The sun sets over Kyoto's fuming skyline, jets of flaming exhaust flaring upward off the arcologies, and the sky darkens to television static.

Japan confirmed for being Futurama.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121019 on: February 03, 2014, 07:15:41 pm »

That's ok, when I picture the Great Lakes cities and the whole Northeast I imagine Megacity One.
I can verify that it doesn't look like copypasta here.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 8066 8067 [8068] 8069 8070 ... 13311