Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8081 8082 [8083] 8084 8085 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14645971 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: [(•ω•)] Dr. Pepper, the one true soda. (happy thread?!)
« Reply #121230 on: February 05, 2014, 11:39:02 pm »

Dr. Thunder, you get it at Kroger, it sucks horribly.
Is that some sort of Saturday morning cartoon villain?

Anyway, I doubt they have Save A Lots in Australia. I'm too lazy to confirm, though.
I can confirm I have never heard of it...
We have Woolworths, Coles, IGA and Aldi, and that is pretty much it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #121231 on: February 05, 2014, 11:40:10 pm »

I have just read awesome writing and it is awesome and *squee*

Edit: Also, exams went by smooothly.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:43:25 pm by Tiruin »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #121232 on: February 05, 2014, 11:40:35 pm »

Winter Carnival has begun!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121233 on: February 05, 2014, 11:40:44 pm »

Dr. Thunder, you get it at Kroger, it sucks horribly.
Is that some sort of Saturday morning cartoon villain?
It sounds like it, but where I live it's the "value store". It also sucks horribly.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121234 on: February 05, 2014, 11:41:09 pm »

* Steelmagic Waves a tiny flag with a water droplet on it and then hides under his desk
Water is good and I drink it often, but it doesn't have the caffeine that I sometimes so desperately need.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121235 on: February 05, 2014, 11:43:02 pm »

@Sappho

I know this was something that happened a while back but... Yeah, this place can be kind of cliquish, I personally have made efforts to make people feel included in the past and I try to respond to people that other people aren't responding to, but they're kind of limited by A) limited amount of time and effort I'm willing to dedicate to posting, and B) the fact that some posts make me feel more like talking than others.

Also I'm genuinely happy for you on the whole play front. I've often felt like a lot of things I've worked on that previously I felt were bad were actually pretty good in retrospect. Though also things I thought were really good I wind up thinking less of later on. I also tend to feel a little like I was a better poet in the olden days than I am now, though I think in a large part that's just due to changes in my tastes and style. Like I used to use a lot of imagery that was like...
It was a light that cast a shadow twisting through my glass heart,
The shadow spread and touched a thousand other people's eyes,
Placing the colour of the thousand worlds within them, within me.

This sort of thing tends to feel to flowery and melodramatic for me, but it makes for potent imagery, I feel.
I think art is also generally a very different experience when you're creating it or you've just finished creating it, than when you're on a more outside perspective looking in, and you don't have the experiences you had creating it colouring your perception.

That was sort of a irrelevant tangent, but whatever.

I'm happy because I actually had a family outing that was pretty pleasant... this was accomplished by interacting with my family very little. We went to this whole recreational meeting that was being paid for by my dad's company, we played this really crazy game that was basically like lacrosse in bumper carts. With my fathers very multinational coworkers.
I also chatted with some programmers and such (the event was part of a course where they're training these programmers to work with some of the company's equipment), mostly about cultural issues and things. It was pretty cool.
EDIT: And cricket, we talked about lots and lots of cricket.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:46:43 pm by Pnx »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121236 on: February 05, 2014, 11:44:23 pm »

Hello everyone. I hate soda because I physcially cannot stand the carbonation. That is all.
I'm going back to my corner.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #121237 on: February 05, 2014, 11:46:08 pm »

The sooner everyone comes over to the Dr. Pepper side the sooner we can depose the Coca cola and Pepsi overlords.
Viva la cola! Down with the carbonated cough syrup that is Dr Pepper!
You all will have to reclaim a whole archipelago as another note. Here? Coca cola is King. Followed by Sprite and Royal.
I prefer Minute Maid despite the priceyness. :v

-snip-
...I..just have to ask.
Is it weird that I'm happy for other people being happy? :S
I dunno why it should be weird but.. <__<

Hello everyone. I hate soda because I physcially cannot stand the carbonation. That is all.
I'm going back to my corner.
I hate it too because [did research] and oh goodness the sugar content ain't healthy. :X
Well, on coca cola but still.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121238 on: February 05, 2014, 11:47:54 pm »

On the soda bit, I personally don't drink pretty much of any soda at all when I'm home (I drink it at work because it's free), I usually drink water or juice or something. Or chocolate milk if we have any. Yoohoo drinks are my favorite!

As for the Coca Cola/Pepsi/Dr Pepper war, I kinda don't care. They all taste pretty similar, to me.
The Derail Thread

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121239 on: February 05, 2014, 11:50:27 pm »

-snip-
...I..just have to ask.
I dunno if it's weird, but if it's weird, I'm being weird along with you man. :3

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #121240 on: February 05, 2014, 11:54:03 pm »

-snip-
...I..just have to ask.
I dunno if it's weird, but if it's weird, I'm being weird along with you man. :3

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121241 on: February 05, 2014, 11:54:40 pm »

-snip-
...I..just have to ask.
It's not weird, it's called being a DECENT FRELLING HUMAN BEING. More people should feel happy for other people being happy.
The Derail Thread

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #121242 on: February 06, 2014, 12:16:57 am »

Guess who got soda for the first time in a while yesterday? And (non-brand Dr. Pepper equivalent) at that? :D
There is a non-brand equivalent? What do they call it? Where is it procured?
Besides what people have already said, there's also Mr. Pibb and Pibb Extra, which is pretty similar.

You all will have to reclaim a whole archipelago as another note. Here? Coca cola is King. Followed by Sprite and Royal.
I prefer Minute Maid despite the priceyness. :v
I mean no offense to people who like it, but I personally feel that Sprite is something you only drink when you don't have wide enough beverage options. Sierra Mist is a much better lemon-lime soda, in my opinion, and, as an aside, I believe Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash is the best possible use of cranberries (I'm not even sure if it actually has real cranberries in it, but I'm sticking with that statement regardless).
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121243 on: February 06, 2014, 12:23:27 am »

Fried onion + beefsteak is honestly one of the best things I have ever tasted.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #121244 on: February 06, 2014, 12:40:30 am »

Vector I will cook you a vista of fried meats and vegetables so vast it will take willpower unimaginable to look upon it and not shed a single, noble tear. However, since you're not here, I'll have to eat it myself. I hope this compromise is acceptable.

Also, I have a tendency to respond to things I can relate to well. That makes simple pleasures the likeliest thing, and I think there's probably a strong focus on that sort of thing in my post history here (although I could be wrong). So food is often a big yes, but something like significant life satisfaction from discovering an old creative work that's still great and gives you hope that you can do work like that again poses some problems. It's not something I'm actually all that familiar with (I have a tendency to wonder how I thought my past work was anything but shit) and it's the sort of thing where I feel like just chiming in might come off as superficial and maybe seem worse than not posting at all and maybe I should stop worrying about that sort of thing and just post more often and I'm going to take that advice before this paragraph spirals any further out of control.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 8081 8082 [8083] 8084 8085 ... 13312