Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8082 8083 [8084] 8085 8086 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14559649 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [(•ω•)] Dr. Pepper, the one true soda. (happy thread?!)
« Reply #121245 on: February 06, 2014, 12:52:36 am »

Vector I will cook you a vista of fried meats and vegetables so vast it will take willpower unimaginable to look upon it and not shed a single, noble tear. However, since you're not here, I'll have to eat it myself. I hope this compromise is acceptable.

Also, I have a tendency to respond to things I can relate to well. That makes simple pleasures the likeliest thing, and I think there's probably a strong focus on that sort of thing in my post history here (although I could be wrong). So food is often a big yes, but something like significant life satisfaction from discovering an old creative work that's still great and gives you hope that you can do work like that again poses some problems. It's not something I'm actually all that familiar with (I have a tendency to wonder how I thought my past work was anything but shit) and it's the sort of thing where I feel like just chiming in might come off as superficial and maybe seem worse than not posting at all and maybe I should stop worrying about that sort of thing and just post more often and I'm going to take that advice before this paragraph spirals any further out of control.

Lulz
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #121246 on: February 06, 2014, 12:56:13 am »

Damn. I did think you were a vegetarian, and so a flag was raised, but it didn't occur to me that somebody would be mad enough to name a not-meat beefsteak. Seriously who wrote this.

EDIT: Although come to think of it this is one more bit of evidence in the Admissions pile for the incompetence club?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 12:58:00 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121247 on: February 06, 2014, 01:32:08 am »

Nitequest is going well! Just finished the combat functions and am now working on additional sprites. I also tested it on Android's web browser, and it works fine. It's funny to watch Nite throw hadoukens at some poor slime (which don't really line up right; I should fix that).

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121248 on: February 06, 2014, 01:37:47 am »

Nitequest is going well! Just finished the combat functions and am now working on additional sprites. I also tested it on Android's web browser, and it works fine. It's funny to watch Nite throw hadoukens at some poor slime (which don't really line up right; I should fix that).

your website is either not geocities enough or too geocities you're in this awkward middle ground where i'm tempted to make a mirror in which the jpg quality of everything is reduced tenfold and there's under construction signs everywhere and email us and guestbook and stuff

this is the best time to say this

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121249 on: February 06, 2014, 01:47:53 am »

HELLO! Welcome to my website! You can find lots of informations about my Internet WWW games and online here. Please feel free to browse and download the files. No stealing!!!
Best website description.

If I was an internet thief, I wouldn't take anything from a website with that introduction; I would assume it to have nothing worth taking.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 01:50:18 am by Elephant Parade »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121250 on: February 06, 2014, 01:48:56 am »

your website is either not geocities enough or too geocities you're in this awkward middle ground where i'm tempted to make a mirror in which the jpg quality of everything is reduced tenfold and there's under construction signs everywhere and email us and guestbook and stuff

this is the best time to say this

Damn, I should have added more dancing babies.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121251 on: February 06, 2014, 03:38:59 am »

I worked late shift for a long, long time.

I no longer do, but that stretch was more than enough for my cat to get used to it along with me. She's set enough in her ways, now, that changing around again will probably take her another long while.

Until that time, there is a ritual to be performed. I am woken in the dark hours of the morning by excited chirps and the thump-thump of feline feet on my chest and face. Then on with the bedside lamp, sit up, and fish around groggily for the fuzzy-thing-on-a-string that is her favorite toy. Work up the energy to make it bounce around interestingly. See if I can make her fall over backwards trying to catch it. Race her around the floor after it. Play.

Takes a while to get back to sleep after she finally settles down. I could get angry about losing so much sleep, I suppose. I could get mad at myself for allowing it. I could lay here and obsess over bad decisions, or wallow in the doubt and remorse and terror-of-life that creep out in the dark.

But it's hard not to go back to sleep happy. After all, there's a purring cat curled up on my legs.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121252 on: February 06, 2014, 05:05:25 am »

I am meeting a woman in the evening of Valentine's day ! for a job interview :-°

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121253 on: February 06, 2014, 05:27:23 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #121254 on: February 06, 2014, 05:44:05 am »

I'm in the "too many things to code" stage again :D So productive~

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121255 on: February 06, 2014, 05:51:00 am »

Fried onion + beefsteak is honestly one of the best things I have ever tasted.

Frying makes everything better.

Fried liver and onions. Delicious.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #121256 on: February 06, 2014, 07:05:50 am »

I have a blag now. You can follow it at the icon under my avatar.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #121257 on: February 06, 2014, 07:28:32 am »

-snip snoop-
I love this.

I must watch Frozen.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121258 on: February 06, 2014, 08:10:44 am »

Bee Double-Ee Double-Are You En :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #121259 on: February 06, 2014, 08:21:30 am »

In my Youtube adventures, I have come across this gem:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sZuN0xXWLc
Probably NSFW, but still funny as hell. I would buy a car from that place.
Pages: 1 ... 8082 8083 [8084] 8085 8086 ... 13312