Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8371 8372 [8373] 8374 8375 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14562222 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: [wot m8?] avin a giggle m8? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #125580 on: March 31, 2014, 10:17:47 pm »

:O
I have discovered a wonderful dish. Jambalaya rice, no meats, dropped into a pan and cooked otherwise to spec. A couple slabs of Swai in a separate pan, followed in by some buttery garlic simmering sauce when it starts to cook. Mix together afterwards on the plate. So good.

Swai, being a naturally sweet and buttery tasting fishy, gets even more sweet and buttery. Meanwhile, the Jambalaya rice mixes in with and resists most of the effects of the sauce, giving the dish a little bit of kick and a solid base.

And best of all, the simmering sauce keeps me from burning the Swai horribly or undercooking it like I usually do! :D

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #125581 on: March 31, 2014, 10:47:29 pm »

The April Fools joke for Wonderella made me laugh a bit.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #125582 on: March 31, 2014, 10:58:44 pm »

Holy shit.
Just read this article. Just read it. It's amazing.

Never read that specific article, but I've read before about how a lot of the Silicon Valley elders were involved in that stuff.  It really doesn't do anything but piss me off, knowing what hypocrites they grew up to be.  In my opinion, the internet is the most powerful thing that mankind has yet created, and it would never have happened without that initial spirit of freedom and collaboration.  Then a handful of those collaborators get a taste of success and want more, so they hand the whole thing over to corporatocracy to become unfathomably rich.  Now it's used to hunt down people with that same spirit they once had.  That's my very strong impression of it, anyway.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125583 on: March 31, 2014, 11:16:51 pm »

-snip-

Try a cherry!

If this keeps up and feeding him becomes a regular thing, I can give you a recipe for some super-healthy sugar glider staple food that he'll really like.

Also, mealworms are their favorite thing.  They go insane for them.

I'd be interested!
Although I'm not sure we'd be going to too much trouble. As it is the thing's probably running the risk of becoming too tame and starting to depend on humans... but it's kinda too adorable to do anything about it. I'll see if it comes back tonight.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #125584 on: March 31, 2014, 11:24:23 pm »

-snip-

Try a cherry!

If this keeps up and feeding him becomes a regular thing, I can give you a recipe for some super-healthy sugar glider staple food that he'll really like.

Also, mealworms are their favorite thing.  They go insane for them.

I'd be interested!
Although I'm not sure we'd be going to too much trouble. As it is the thing's probably running the risk of becoming too tame and starting to depend on humans... but it's kinda too adorable to do anything about it. I'll see if it comes back tonight.

I don't really see anything wrong with that, so long as you maintain the relationship.  Sugar gliders do better as pets than they do in the wild, anyway.  Their average lifespan increases by like 7x in captivity.  And you don't even have to worry about cleaning up after them living in the house or buying an enclosure for them or anything.  All-around awesome.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #125585 on: March 31, 2014, 11:35:50 pm »

Holy shit.
Just read this article. Just read it. It's amazing.

Never read that specific article, but I've read before about how a lot of the Silicon Valley elders were involved in that stuff.  It really doesn't do anything but piss me off, knowing what hypocrites they grew up to be.  In my opinion, the internet is the most powerful thing that mankind has yet created, and it would never have happened without that initial spirit of freedom and collaboration.  Then a handful of those collaborators get a taste of success and want more, so they hand the whole thing over to corporatocracy to become unfathomably rich.  Now it's used to hunt down people with that same spirit they once had.  That's my very strong impression of it, anyway.
I think at some point they had to lose control. It's still unforgivable that the change you describe happened, regardless of the reason.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #125586 on: March 31, 2014, 11:50:00 pm »

I sent in the application for the college I'm planning intending hoping to go to. One less weight on my shoulders, one step closer to feeling like I'm somewhat successful and not some hopeless loser. So that's cool.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #125587 on: March 31, 2014, 11:58:12 pm »

I sent in the application for the college I'm planning intending hoping to go to. One less weight on my shoulders, one step closer to feeling like I'm somewhat successful and not some hopeless loser. So that's cool.
Also send applications to a few others you wouldn't mind. It never hurts to have backup plans, and at the very least there's the possibility of one of them deciding to give you oodles of money.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125588 on: April 01, 2014, 12:39:54 am »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125589 on: April 01, 2014, 12:41:56 am »

Trollololol, trollol lol lol.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125590 on: April 01, 2014, 12:49:32 am »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125591 on: April 01, 2014, 12:50:01 am »

I have five sigma confidence that I've got a new job. One that pays much more than I make now, due to being full time+management and all. This means it'll also offer things like, say, health insurance. I will, however, have to move. This is also a happy, though, as it gets me out of the city I so despise, and away from my ex-wife.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125593 on: April 01, 2014, 12:52:34 am »

Congratulations, MZ!
You know what, I might get one of these "job" things, too.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125594 on: April 01, 2014, 12:52:49 am »

I have five sigma confidence that I've got a new job. One that pays much more than I make now, due to being full time+management and all. This means it'll also offer things like, say, health insurance. I will, however, have to move. This is also a happy, though, as it gets me out of the city I so despise, and away from my ex-wife.
Does that also mean you are proof of gravitational waves? :V
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 8371 8372 [8373] 8374 8375 ... 13312