Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8474 8475 [8476] 8477 8478 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14646514 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: [wot m8?] avin a giggle m8? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #127125 on: April 21, 2014, 11:43:23 am »

You're quite right it's rude!

If people want to lick the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, who are you to stop them, eh?!

The Son of God goes well with coffee and YOU SHAN'T TAKE THAT AWAY! D:<
Too bad that's too big to fit in my sig. As it is, it's condemned to my sigtext.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #127126 on: April 21, 2014, 01:24:04 pm »

I am now in possession of a shirt that says "Battle÷2=Knowing". My life is complete.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127127 on: April 21, 2014, 01:54:26 pm »

if knowing is half the battle, then from where battle+2 = knowing, it should be 2(knowing) = battle unless i cannot into math anymore

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #127128 on: April 21, 2014, 02:07:04 pm »

Aka that flipped percentage sign is an archaic division sign that I haven't seen since elementary school, because it's a pain in the ass to use when you have the beautiful /.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #127129 on: April 21, 2014, 02:25:12 pm »

The hell is up with elementary school math, anyway? It's still taught like it's the 1500s, where anything other than positive rationals are considered absurd.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127130 on: April 21, 2014, 02:31:22 pm »

Aka that flipped percentage sign is an archaic division sign that I haven't seen since elementary school, because it's a pain in the ass to use when you have the beautiful /.

wait

÷

how the basket of turdbagels did this escape m- oh yeah, my eyes are sorta fucked

CARRY ON

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127131 on: April 21, 2014, 02:31:51 pm »

The hell is up with elementary school math, anyway? It's still taught like it's the 1500s, where anything other than positive rationals are considered absurd.

I'm pretty sure nobody learning math in elementary school needs to know anything other than what the average mildly educated person understood of math in the 1500s, myself. Most adults can get by with that much as well, I'm reasonably certain. What is the problem, if I may ask?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #127132 on: April 21, 2014, 02:32:43 pm »

FTFY
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127133 on: April 21, 2014, 02:33:16 pm »

I'm pretty sure nobody learning math in elementary school needs to know anything other than what the average mildly educated person understood of math in the 1500s, myself. Most adults can get by with that much as well, I'm reasonably certain. What is the problem, if I may ask?
Because they teach you things that are absolutely counterproductive to think.
Remainders and "there are no negative numbers" are the two I can think of immediately.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #127134 on: April 21, 2014, 02:33:39 pm »

It's even weirder here, I see ':' used as a division symbol.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127135 on: April 21, 2014, 02:34:54 pm »

Because they teach you things that are absolutely counterproductive to think.
Remainders and "there are no negative numbers" are the two I can think of immediately.

remainders are sorta useful when you get to figuring out sequences, but that might be me being weird

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #127136 on: April 21, 2014, 02:36:51 pm »

I remember pointing out to my elementary school teacher something that shouldn't have come up until algebra.
If we had to add multiple things together, she would write something like "4+2=6+3=9" and I said, "But 4+2 doesn't equal 6+3, it just equals 6!"
She gave me a confused look and said, "Right, 4+2=6... +3=9"

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127137 on: April 21, 2014, 02:37:36 pm »

Remainders are semi-useful in factoring.

I.E. if you get a remainder, you dun fucked up.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #127138 on: April 21, 2014, 02:48:28 pm »

√(ab) is pretty much absurd
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #127139 on: April 21, 2014, 02:49:49 pm »

Being able to do remainders is hella useful for modular arithmetic.

Because it's completely and utterly against everything they're going to teach you in no less than 5 years, they teach you things that you're going to have to forget as part of the curriculum and believe it or not MATH IS PRETTY IMPORTANT FOR A LOT OF THINGS
Pages: 1 ... 8474 8475 [8476] 8477 8478 ... 13312