Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8476 8477 [8478] 8479 8480 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14551477 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [wot m8?] avin a giggle m8? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #127155 on: April 21, 2014, 04:24:51 pm »

On one hand, I hate the American public school system, but on the other hand, I kind of worry about the social aspect of being homeschooled. I guess it doesn't really matter if you live in a really social neighborhood with a lot of kids. But I wouldn't know what that's like, seeing as how the only kids in my neighborhood growing up only lived there half the year because their parents were divorced and each had custody every other week.
I say all this because I want to have kids some day, but I don't want them to go through the same hell I went through with public schooling.

Most people I know who homeschool do it in groups with other parents and end up having a "class" of homeschool students that meet several times a week together. Just because you're not using the public schooling system doesn't mean there's any reason to be isolationist, especially since different parents have different valuable skills and knowledge to bring to the table... and having a few days of the week without the kids for a little while is incredibly valuable form the parents perspective.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #127156 on: April 21, 2014, 04:59:59 pm »

I'd hope that you could arrange for a homeschooled child to be involved in public school extracurriculars.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127157 on: April 21, 2014, 05:01:43 pm »

I'm pretty sure that's possible, at least for athletics.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #127158 on: April 21, 2014, 05:02:45 pm »

I actually got some good news today to break up some of the bull happening. An old friend of mine finally finished up her treatment and she's back home after some years of time in a live in therapy sorta building. We've been talking on the phone for the last 30 minutes or so.

She said she'd also like to go hunting with me this summer, or fishing. Which is amazing since I don't know anyone else that would wanna do either of those with me anymore.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127159 on: April 21, 2014, 05:03:36 pm »

One of the clubs I'm in at my school has a kid from another school district as a rather important member. Granted, his mother is a teacher at the school, but I still think it would *generally* work for homeschooled kids too.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #127160 on: April 21, 2014, 05:40:17 pm »

Welp. Just beat Seath the Scaleless in Dark Souls. Endgame get.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #127161 on: April 21, 2014, 05:43:58 pm »

Your character must be tanked  :)

Mine's a fledgling, not even past the Bells of Awakening yet.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #127162 on: April 21, 2014, 05:55:51 pm »

Like I said, I've been playing for 11+ hours and I'm not even past the Undead Parish yet. On a related note, I've been playing Nethack for almost a decade and I've still never gotten past the gnomish mines.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127163 on: April 21, 2014, 05:58:53 pm »

Well...I've played for maybe half a day, but I can't get past some huge ass dragon-thing demon (Not actually a dragon, obviously) that's sitting on the wall and breathing fire at me every time I come near.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #127164 on: April 21, 2014, 06:02:37 pm »

You go under it, there's a stairway under the bridge. Go there and kick the ladder down to the bonfire below. You can completely ignore the Hellkite Drake that way, or come back for him later on. Though if you wanna get to the warrior of sunlight covenant you want to reach the bonfire past him.

Right now I'm about to try for a titanite slab so I can make my +14 balder side sword into +15. Then I think I'm gonna max kindle all the important bonfires before finishing up some of the leftover content then the game.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127165 on: April 21, 2014, 06:23:47 pm »

You go under it, there's a stairway under the bridge. Go there and kick the ladder down to the bonfire below. You can completely ignore the Hellkite Drake that way, or come back for him later on. Though if you wanna get to the warrior of sunlight covenant you want to reach the bonfire past him.
Well, that makes it seem considerably more easy. Imagine, I tried to kill the thing  :-\
Thanks for the help.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127166 on: April 21, 2014, 06:41:34 pm »

balder side salad.
Read it as this.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127167 on: April 21, 2014, 06:44:03 pm »

I understood that reference.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #127168 on: April 21, 2014, 07:05:42 pm »

Well, that makes it seem considerably more easy. Imagine, I tried to kill the thing  :-\
Thanks for the help.
The Hellkite drake is probably the hardest enemy in the game. Get it to half health and it'll start regenerating. It's... scary.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127169 on: April 21, 2014, 07:06:38 pm »

Thanks for the help.
The Hellkite drake is probably the hardest enemy in the game. Get it to half health and it'll start regenerating. It's... scary.
Artorias the Abysswalker would like to refute that claim.
Pages: 1 ... 8476 8477 [8478] 8479 8480 ... 13312