Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8558 8559 [8560] 8561 8562 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14560789 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [wot m8?] avin a giggle m8? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #128385 on: May 05, 2014, 10:11:49 am »

You should consider getting contacts. They give you full peripheral vision, which is where specs fall short.
But unfortunately require you to stick things into your eyes.

They told me you would eventually get better at it, but after wearing the things for a year it would still regularly take 10+ minutes and (over) a dozen tries to get the goddamn things in there. Glasses take ~1 second to get in place. Spec superior, aieee.

... anyway, reason came in here. Finally managed to figure out how to wrangle Opera into using a decent font/background color combination for reading. My infinitely soothing grey on dark blue has returned ;_;
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #128386 on: May 05, 2014, 10:15:08 am »

I'm fairly certain everyone here knew what type of specs I was speaking of, and they can't be fastened to your ears and nose.  :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #128387 on: May 05, 2014, 10:17:51 am »

Lies. With sufficiently vigorous origami, you could totally fasten a set of computer specs to someone's ears and nose.

More difficult if it's the actual hardware. You need a bigger face for that, but that's what moai is for.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #128388 on: May 05, 2014, 10:27:18 am »

Or staples.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #128389 on: May 05, 2014, 10:27:25 am »

I've got a Raspberry Pi, I've got superglue. To whom shall I attach this computer?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #128390 on: May 05, 2014, 10:30:11 am »

XMG A704 ADVANCED Gaming Notebook 43,9cm (17.3")
. 43,9cm (17.3") Full-HD (1920*1080) Non-Glare
. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2048MB GDDR5
. Intel Core i7-4810MQ - 2,80 - 3,80GHz 6MB 47W
. 16GB (2x8192) SO-DIMM DDR3 RAM 1600MHz Crucial Ballistix Sport
. 1000GB SATA-III 7200U/Min HGST Travelstar 7K1000 (HTS721010A9E630)
. ohne weitere Festplatte
. DVD SATA Multinorm Brenner
. Qualcomm Atheros Killer Wireless-N 1202 (inkl. Bluetooth) mit Treiber-CD
. Basis-Garantie: 24M. Pickup&Return | 6M. Sofort-Reparatur -DE
. Microsoft Windows 8.1 64 Bit english
. Office 365 30-Tage-Testversion (nur bei Bestellung und Vorinstallation von Windows 7 oder 8)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #128391 on: May 05, 2014, 10:34:52 am »

Alternatively. Or whatever distro you like.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #128392 on: May 05, 2014, 10:37:16 am »

1000GB is longer than it needed to be, unless its being picky about metric/binary units. 1TB.

Also, you should get a Win7 x64 disc.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128393 on: May 05, 2014, 10:40:37 am »

I just got a notification that my new laptop has been sent. It'll be here in three days. :D
43,9cm (17.3")
._.
I hope you spend those 3 days at the gym, if you want to put it on your lap ...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128394 on: May 05, 2014, 10:42:13 am »

Why would I buy windows 7 over 8. 7 will be EOL faster and is worse under the hood. I'll just install a custom shell and enjoy a better OS.

Also, I didn't spend monies on 8.1 to just overwrite it with Linux :v
Linux isn't really optimal for what is supposed to be a gaming PC.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 10:45:30 am by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #128395 on: May 05, 2014, 10:50:02 am »

Why would I buy windows 7 over 8. 7 will be EOL faster and is worse under the hood. I'll just install a custom shell and enjoy a better OS.
If it ain't broke, you don't need to use extra effort to install a custom shell to make it so.

As for EOL, we've still got to get through vista, and the extended support for both of them. By that point you'll need a new gaming laptop anyway. (If you don't, I'd be very surprised)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128396 on: May 05, 2014, 10:53:03 am »

If it ain't broke, you don't need to use extra effort to install a custom shell to make it so.

As for EOL, we've still got to get through vista, and the extended support for both of them. By that point you'll need a new gaming laptop anyway. (If you don't, I'd be very surprised)
If you don't look at the UI, 8 is objectively better.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #128397 on: May 05, 2014, 10:57:44 am »

And yet it screwed up the mouse with a single update. When its predecessor did not, and for games in particular at that. Thats certainly objectively better at annoying people, yes.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128398 on: May 05, 2014, 11:00:20 am »

Oh no, an OS has different bugs than another OS!

And honestly, that sounds like an ancient bug that was recently exposed.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 11:02:36 am by miauw62 »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #128399 on: May 05, 2014, 11:01:40 am »

Do... do OS wars actually make anybody happy? I mean, sure, there's the smug sense of superiority that comes from your preference in methodology for making the blinky lights, but that hardly seems worth the trouble.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 8558 8559 [8560] 8561 8562 ... 13312