Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9165 9166 [9167] 9168 9169 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14549075 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [╰(゜益゜)╯︵ /(.□. /] BURRITOTOWN RETURNS?!?! (Happy thread!)
« Reply #137490 on: August 09, 2014, 07:28:32 pm »

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 11:50:36 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137491 on: August 09, 2014, 07:54:27 pm »

Schlock Mercenary. So good.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137492 on: August 09, 2014, 08:49:53 pm »

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 11:50:15 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #137493 on: August 09, 2014, 09:01:47 pm »

It's ok. No offense to any authors, but I honestly don't have time for webcomics, even if they are good. They're all so long... maybe if I caught one as it was starting and followed it.
Or just spread 'em out. Read maybe one a year or something, stuff like that. You have many years ahead of you to fit ones in the schedule, if you wanna'. And I'd definitely recommend it! As culture goes, webcomics are doing pretty alright, imo.

That said, there's plenty giving their college try for starting off and whatnot, and ones that look like they're not going to stop anytime soon getting into their groove (Like paranatural, ferex, or mokepon), if you do want to find one and follow along. RSS and such makes doing so really easy these days, even.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #137494 on: August 09, 2014, 09:08:02 pm »

I think there are some points where Stalker does manage the tension, especially your first journey into an underground lab.  Few game experiences have put me so on edge.

But the first expedition in Roadside Picnic was the most tense thing I've ever read.  Hard to match.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #137495 on: August 09, 2014, 09:44:03 pm »

Webcomics?

xkcd and Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal are good enough for me, if they even count.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #137496 on: August 09, 2014, 09:45:52 pm »

I read XKCD and Oglaf primarily.

That last one is NSFW but that's part of its charm.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #137497 on: August 09, 2014, 09:57:08 pm »

I liked Red as a character, and how well it was described how paranoid someone had to be to survive an excursion into the Zone.

The thing that got me about Stalker was nothing made sense the first few hours you spent in the game.  It actually took time to figure out what an anomaly was, and how to identify and work around them.  You weren't given any warnings or clues.  Just a minor visual cue that you most likely didn't learn to look for until you'd died a few times, unless you were lucky enough to see an animal run into one first and make the connection.  It made combat so much more intense any time you entered a new area, because until you got really good at identifying anomalies, you didn't know how much you could dare to move around.

And the first underground lab didn't exactly feel alien, no... but the feeling of being haunted was the strongest I've ever felt.  My first play through, I never figured out that you could kill the poltergeists.  I shot at them, but it didn't look like it was effecting them, so I didn't unload enough to kill them.  There was no indication that they were the things throwing objects at me, either.  So I went through the entire lab not understanding anything that was going on.  Balls of electricity and fire just wandering around.  Random objects throwing themselves at me.  It was also the first place you encounter Snorks, which are the most visually creepy monsters in the game.  Then as you get towards the bottom, the pyrogeist starts fucking with your mind, randomly blurring and coloring your vision along with a haunting sound effect.  And until you encounter the thing, you have no idea where that effect is coming from.

I don't think any other game has ever gripped me so hard.

I think maybe it's time I go download Lost Alpha.  I waited long enough for that mod.  Now that I'm reminiscing about Stalker again, I should go play it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #137498 on: August 09, 2014, 10:26:53 pm »

I am uncomfortably full of delicious food. Only part of the wedding reception I enjoyed, but boy did I enjoy it. Such eggplant parmesan...
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137499 on: August 09, 2014, 10:29:38 pm »

Schlock Mercenary. So good.
So very much.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137500 on: August 09, 2014, 10:43:00 pm »

I am a bundle of hurts this morning. My hip/arsecheek is bruised to the point that moving my right leg is painful, my shoulder is a bit sore as well, and I have a bump on the back of my head that would make a Loony Toons character proud.
With this many injuries I must have had a good night! :D

Also, shiiiit, comics... that reminds me I didn't buy any this week. There weren't that many I was after on my store's shipping list, but still, I'm sure there's something cool that I missed out on. Dangit.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #137501 on: August 09, 2014, 10:52:37 pm »

Guys let me tell you about Homestuck Kill Six Billion Demons.

The worldbuilding is pretty complicated even though the plot hasn't advanced much, but the art is impressive and the webcomic is... well.... magical.

This is the most recent non-spoilery panel which will give you a feel:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #137502 on: August 09, 2014, 10:58:00 pm »

I gotta wonder exactly how much acid the artist had to drop before making that. Maybe about a gallon?

This is not a complaint.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #137503 on: August 09, 2014, 11:10:23 pm »

Ooh, forgot XKCD and Dinosaur comics, yeah. But I'm talking more about ones with a continuous narrative. Those are time consuming. The others can be too, if you get drawn into an archive binge, but don't require you to read every issue to understand.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137504 on: August 09, 2014, 11:12:18 pm »

What in the black-and-blue hell is this

I mostly read xkcd and a few lesser comedy ones. That's pretty much the only webcomic I actively pay attention to.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 11:21:43 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.
Pages: 1 ... 9165 9166 [9167] 9168 9169 ... 13312