Finally... > General Discussion

[MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)

<< < (27552/39935) > >>

Flying Dice:

--- Quote from: Sirus on August 13, 2014, 12:06:10 am ---
--- Quote from: Kadzar on August 12, 2014, 03:42:20 pm ---The Ice-T D&D audiobook thing is out, and is apparently free for a limited time!

--- End quote ---
Thank you.

--- End quote ---
I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

Greiger:
Hmm, unfortunately the only thing I have capable of reading an audiobook is my PC, and if I'm on my PC I'm either working or playing something. Both of which can be done with music in the background but not something that needs paying attention to like an audiobook.  I'm generally more comfortable reading at my own pace anyway.

Shame though.  I liked Drizzt but never got around to reading most of these.  My dad owned most of them and had a tendency to ship them up to my sister where they were never seen again before checking to see if anyone else local wanted to read them first.

------------------------
Just made my first real celebratory purchase with my newfound income.  It is my friend's birthday tomorrow (today?) so I bought us both divinity original sin.

We've only played for a little bit so far to learn the basics of the system and how the multiplayer works.  We killed some skeletons, then some drunk guys, then some orcs, and then the guys that helped us kill the orcs before calling it, with plans to play the game for reals next opportunity.

It is both a fun game and extremely satisfying to be able to not just afford a game, but actually afford to give a gift for the first time in a year.  I am happy.

Mesa:
So apparently HOMM VII is a thing. It sorta bothers me because they're probably gonna fuck up again if HoMM VI and the side games are anything to go by, but we shall see.

Yoink:
I'd never really thought about it before, but the smells of the Central train station in my city is really ingrained into my psyche, incredibly familiar and connected with so many vague memories from my childhood. That just hit me when I got off the train earlier, catching a whiff off McDonalds' fries from upstairs, mingling with the various aromas of trains, cleaning liquids, underground, people and escalators.
Felt rather disconcerted for a moment when I noticed how much those smells (and sounds!) felt like home. O.o

Ultimuh:

--- Quote from: Yoink on August 13, 2014, 06:06:39 am ---I'd never really thought about it before, but the smells of the Central train station in my city is really ingrained into my psyche, incredibly familiar and connected with so many vague memories from my childhood. That just hit me when I got off the train earlier, catching a whiff off McDonalds' fries from upstairs, mingling with the various aromas of trains, cleaning liquids, underground, people and escalators.
Felt rather disconcerted for a moment when I noticed how much those smells (and sounds!) felt like home. O.o

--- End quote ---
Pretty much the same with me whenever I smell the fumes of diesel fuel mixed with fish and the salty ocean.

explanation: My father owned a fishing boat in Greenland when I was a child.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version