Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9212 9213 [9214] 9215 9216 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14547403 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: [╰(゜益゜)╯︵ /(.□. /] BURRITOTOWN RETURNS?!?! (Happy thread!)
« Reply #138195 on: August 19, 2014, 04:32:17 pm »

I just discovered that Cenotaph has a sequel in progress.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138196 on: August 19, 2014, 07:22:35 pm »

I just ate a plate of nachos. They had a secret ingredient, though. That ingredient? A Trinidad Moruga pepper shredded over the plate and mixed in. So incredibly hot, but very good flavor.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138197 on: August 19, 2014, 07:23:50 pm »

But did you ded??
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138198 on: August 19, 2014, 07:32:36 pm »

Not red! Kind of wanted to about halfway through the plate, but I made it. I'm hiccuping like crazy and burping flames, but I'll eat another.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #138199 on: August 19, 2014, 07:33:26 pm »

I just discovered that Cenotaph has a sequel in progress.
Mentioning the name is probably a good idea *coughworkingtitlecough*

In personal happies, one of the kittens/young cats outside seems to have finally been converted to the wonder and awe of fingers. Really likes getting her neck/back of head scratched, apparently.

Now we just need to get around to getting a nice sized cage or covert a room or something so we can kidnap her from outside and make her an inside cat. Along with her siblings, but they've been easier to wololo.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #138200 on: August 19, 2014, 07:34:39 pm »

I just ate a plate of nachos. They had a secret ingredient, though. That ingredient? A Trinidad Moruga pepper shredded over the plate and mixed in. So incredibly hot, but very good flavor.
Magnificent, is it not? I can't wait to see those things on sale again. I'm not sure it's possible to eat them quickly enough - I can only go through so many in a day, and the boxes are too large.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138201 on: August 19, 2014, 07:37:08 pm »

My in laws are growing them. I'm sure I could send you a couple for a nominal fee. :p

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #138202 on: August 19, 2014, 07:40:10 pm »

Nominal, eh? I name "free". Checkmate.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #138203 on: August 19, 2014, 07:42:01 pm »

Today, I had a nice revelation: I am now more fit than I have ever been. Ever is the key word for me. But, the better part is that, tomorrow, I will be more fit than I was today. And generally, this trend is expected to continue.

I'm glad for it, especially since I learned how to gym. That seems like a dumb sentence, but I really hated being at the gym with other people. It just feels like there are so many unknown rules to the place. It feels judgmental, even. But, it's not really. It's just a place where people go to workout. I built it up for no reason. I don't even know. Maybe I didn't want to be better back then. I didn't accept that I could change for the better. But, I can. I did. Man, being able to say that and know that feels pretty good.

I started doing something I considered incredibly lame today. I have begun counting calories. I'm not going to lie, I still think it's lame, but I get it. I'm supposed to be aware of what I eat. Calories in < calories out, blah blah. It's like making subconscious decisions to not eat snacks if you don't need them. And I really DO like snacks, but maybe this time, I'll get some fruit from the cafe instead of a donut. That way, I don't have to feel bad about having a dessert. I budgeted it in. Or... maybe I'll just skip dessert this time?

Maybe you remember that I was attacked by some random stranger with a knife. Just an fyi, it's not a very fun experience, but you probably guessed as much. I have a scar on my wrist (and one on my pinky) that I assume will probably last a very long time that I always get to remind myself that I was incredibly lucky that I wasn't injured worse. I guess I'm to thank for that. Good job, Web. But, afterwards, I really screwed around a lot, and made a mess of a lot of different things: School, relationships, money. It sucks, but trying to change the past is wasted effort. All I can do is change the future. At least it wasn't worse.

So now, my goal is to get douchebag abs. I'd say I'm probably several months away from that. I will be shameless the first time I show them off. I've been working out for... two to three months? I mean, I worked out before then, but not to the same level. And heck, I didn't really have a true schedule until a couple of weeks ago. I just always brought my gym clothes to work, just in case. Now, I bring them on my off-day, just in case. I don't remember when I started liking it... But, I do know that I get excited to go. I feel like I have too much energy while I sit at my desk at work. I know I could be walking, running, biking, anything really...

I know I can do more when I work out, but... I know I could do much, much less. Also, I don't want to collapse on my way home, so I'll take my happy medium. If it's toward my goal, then I'll keep it up.

Anyhow, yeah. That's my happy thought for a while. I can be better than I was. It's just a slow process, but I'll make it. Just felt like sharing. Even a little bragging.

P.S. I'm down to 164, as of yesterday, which is good, considering that's like 10 pounds since last year around this time (And, you know, this being fairly recent and all.)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138204 on: August 19, 2014, 08:03:48 pm »

I miss being in the gym without feeling ready to die. Can't wait to get doctor'd up and hit the weights again.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138205 on: August 19, 2014, 08:46:41 pm »

I miss being in the gym without feeling ready to die. Can't wait to get doctor'd up and hit the weights again.
Ah man, why do you feel like that? I hope it gets better for you.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #138206 on: August 19, 2014, 08:54:47 pm »

So apparently the Beta-but-more-like-an-Alpha of Galactic Civilizations 3 is now abailable on Steam. Awesomeness.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138207 on: August 19, 2014, 08:59:03 pm »

I swear it's been on steam for a few months already. Although I think they did knock it's price down from the laughably stupid 100$ it was at to something also laughably stupidly high but still much lower recently.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138208 on: August 19, 2014, 09:04:32 pm »

I have some pretty serious medical problems, mostly with my back and knees.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138209 on: August 19, 2014, 09:20:04 pm »

I have some pretty serious medical problems, mostly with my back and knees.
Yeah, that would make it hard. Are you even able to do something low-impact, or is it all pretty bad?
Pages: 1 ... 9212 9213 [9214] 9215 9216 ... 13312