Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9377 9378 [9379] 9380 9381 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14524568 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #140670 on: September 17, 2014, 07:27:18 pm »

It's... eh, it's tough. Not terrible, but I'm a bit curious where these stories of college social lives come from.
In my experience, social life comes from not sleeping. Probably 90% of all social moments I've described between myself and my roommates and the girls across the hall happened at night. Usually late at night. 10 or later. Like going out to Walmart at midnight to get snacks for movie night. Or staying up until 4 in the morning watching horror movies and Boondocks. Or going out for fast food at 11:30 at night.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #140671 on: September 17, 2014, 07:27:40 pm »

It's... eh, it's tough. Not terrible, but I'm a bit curious where these stories of college social lives come from.
For me its the Anime club and that's about it.
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #140672 on: September 17, 2014, 07:33:33 pm »

In my experience, social life comes from not sleeping. Probably 90% of all social moments I've described between myself and my roommates and the girls across the hall happened at night. Usually late at night. 10 or later. Like going out to Walmart at midnight to get snacks for movie night. Or staying up until 4 in the morning watching horror movies and Boondocks. Or going out for fast food at 11:30 at night.

Funnily enough, all the social situations I've encountered so far have been hanging out with some kohai buddies from high school, or my bros down in Tifton who come to visit every now and then. I try and hang out with my two friends who go to college colse by, but other than that my social interactions in college have all been shitting around and cracking jokes during boring moments in or between classes.

I guess that's a natural consequence of not staying in a dorm on campus, but if it means I have to spend ~8k a year less then i'm willing to accept the social side effects.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 07:39:04 pm by ggamer »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #140673 on: September 17, 2014, 07:35:47 pm »

I once was part of a chess club.
I was litterally the lowest ranked person there. The closest I came to winning a game was us running out of time for the night; I was down to both knights and my king vs a queen+rook combo.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140674 on: September 17, 2014, 07:40:19 pm »

I do stay up a lot and do silly shit late at night. Am I not doing it enough?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140675 on: September 17, 2014, 07:41:22 pm »

The secret to college is late night silly shit

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #140676 on: September 17, 2014, 07:45:14 pm »

I was litterally the lowest ranked person there. The closest I came to winning a game was us running out of time for the night; I was down to both knights and my king vs a queen+rook combo.
Oh... chess. I love it, but I suck.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140677 on: September 17, 2014, 07:48:24 pm »

I've decided to give Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City (AKA the album that lost to The Heist at the Grammys, driving Social Justiciars mad with "The Grammys are racist" sentiment).

I found a new memetic phrase: "Where my motherfuckin' dominoes at?"
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140678 on: September 17, 2014, 07:49:02 pm »

Same here. :P Hence why I was at the bottom of our club.

My pride and joy is my octagonal 4-player chess board. I made it in woodshop class, and it's got fancy legs and a lazysusan on it.
The Cyan Menace

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #140679 on: September 17, 2014, 07:49:47 pm »

Funnily enough, all the social situations I've encountered so far have been hanging out with some kohai buddies from high school, or my bros down in Tifton who come to visit every now and then. I try and hang out with my two friends who go to college colse by, but other than that my social interactions in college have all been shitting around and cracking jokes during boring moments in or between classes.

I guess that's a natural consequence of not staying in a dorm on campus, but if it means I have to spend ~8k a year less then i'm willing to accept the social side effects.
My college requires freshman under the age of 21 to stay on campus for the first year. So I had no real choice in the matter as far as choosing where to live goes. And dayum, 8k for staying in a dorm? For me it was something like 2.5k, USD. Might be differences between us due to exchange rates.

For the record, so far all my experiences with social interaction in college just seems shallow. It's really passive "hanging out and spending time around people" rather than any kind of deep conversation. Maybe I'm not doing it right. Maybe I expect too much deep thought-provoking content from the average college socializing.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #140680 on: September 17, 2014, 07:55:36 pm »

For the record, so far all my experiences with social interaction in college just seems shallow. It's really passive "hanging out and spending time around people" rather than any kind of deep conversation. Maybe I'm not doing it right. Maybe I expect too much deep thought-provoking content from the average college socializing.
Hanging out and spending time around people, isn't that what you are supposed to do?
Most socializing isn't really deep or thought provoking. I think you might have too high expectations.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140681 on: September 17, 2014, 07:58:30 pm »

I've decided to give Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City (AKA the album that lost to The Heist at the Grammys, driving Social Justiciars mad with "The Grammys are racist" sentiment).

I found a new memetic phrase: "Where my motherfuckin' dominoes at?"
Kendrick Lamarr is my fucking joint ("You killed my cousin back in '94, fuck your truths!")

If you like him, you should check out Childish Gambino: This is a good song, so is this.

Surprisingly enough, almost everyone I know around here (South Georgia) is really immersed in rap culture, or at least the younger people I know are. Considering that most radio stations are either rap or hfs-awful country, the choice is pretty obvious.

My college requires freshman under the age of 21 to stay on campus for the first year. So I had no real choice in the matter as far as choosing where to live goes. And dayum, 8k for staying in a dorm? For me it was something like 2.5k, USD. Might be differences between us due to exchange rates.

UGA is around ~6k, ABAC around 4. The rest comes from the various fees associated with paying for your own food and gas, so...

I wouldn't worry about it too much. In my experience, all forcing friendship does is make shit seem stilted and akward. If you just let things proceed naturally, you'll become better friends with them over time.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140682 on: September 17, 2014, 07:58:39 pm »

It's a rare day when someone you meet in your daily life gives some thought provoking discussion, actually.
However, when it does happen, cherish it.
Also, don't try to start those conversations at work, because you'll very quickly run out of time. :P The same thing happens in class.
So your best bet for finding those conversations is to find new things to do during between-class breaks.
The Cyan Menace

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #140683 on: September 17, 2014, 08:00:30 pm »

Did chess for spots in high-school. Made a guy quite our game because I got him to a point were every move open to him would lead to me taking the piece he moved next turn. And still having my moved piece safe.
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140684 on: September 17, 2014, 08:02:25 pm »

Either I've become fairly good at making friends on campus, or everyone I talk to thinks I'm awkward and such and just doesn't have the balls to tell me, despite me kind of making-sure-they-know-to-fucking-tell-me-god-damn-it. So, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they're not social assholes :v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 9377 9378 [9379] 9380 9381 ... 13311