Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9448 9449 [9450] 9451 9452 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14494622 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #141735 on: September 28, 2014, 01:34:47 pm »

He's an entirely honest and ethical man. Also a very bad Diplomacy player.

This tended to be the problem with playing games of Diplomacy within the family. Quite apart from the fact that it was impossible to do anything secretively, we were all far too nice and far too worried about real-world repercussions to do any backstabbing.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #141736 on: September 28, 2014, 01:35:54 pm »

Yes! I figured out what was breaking my randimg!
My avatar now rotates.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #141737 on: September 28, 2014, 02:14:58 pm »

My post/day ratio is coming closer to 1.

And closer...

AND CLOSER...
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #141738 on: September 28, 2014, 02:15:39 pm »

This tended to be the problem with playing games of Diplomacy within the family. Quite apart from the fact that it was impossible to do anything secretively, we were all far too nice and far too worried about real-world repercussions to do any backstabbing.
Fun fact - Risk is banned in my extended family because it leads to violence.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141739 on: September 28, 2014, 02:16:29 pm »

Same with monopoly and Mariokart? :P

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #141740 on: September 28, 2014, 02:19:14 pm »

It's only necessary to ban fun games, and, as for Mariokart, there aren't enough people in the extended family who play video games for it to become a thing.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #141741 on: September 28, 2014, 02:19:53 pm »

Just reread A Tale of an Industrious Rogue

Of all the D&D stories I've read, it's probably my favourite.
Personally I liked the writing and feel of the two SverClawShift campaigns a bit better than that of an Industrious Rouge.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #141742 on: September 28, 2014, 02:25:04 pm »

Just reread A Tale of an Industrious Rogue

Of all the D&D stories I've read, it's probably my favourite.
Personally I liked the writing and feel of the two SverClawShift campaigns a bit better than that of an Industrious Rouge.
Ahah! Yes!
Those two are soooo great.
Kinda wish the third had got finished.

Risk leads to violence if I so much as look at it, because I hate it so much. My brother suggests it at every family gathering. >:(

It's only necessary to ban fun games, and, as for Mariokart, there aren't enough people in the extended family who play video games for it to become a thing.
That's too bad. Not having enough gamers in the family, that is.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141743 on: September 28, 2014, 03:13:56 pm »

Hah, you want violence inducing games? Try Monopoly.

There will always be one person who buys all the strategic spots and proceeds to roll in all of the money.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #141744 on: September 28, 2014, 03:26:36 pm »

The only way to play Monopoly is to forbid rent until a property has buildings on it (which you are allowed to do before you have all the properties, unless it's a hotel.) Otherwise, the person who remembers that houses and hotels exist eats everybody's money while everybody else gets tortured by forces beyond their comprehension; this way, they have to build them to earn any money.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #141745 on: September 28, 2014, 03:29:09 pm »

I forget what I was even watching: some sort of let's play, probably skyrim or something.

It featured a mod with a tent and a waving flag. My cat became fixated on the flag and stalked it until she could eventually paw at the screen. My cat is old and hasn't been feeling well enough to do much of anything lately. So, I was really glad and thought it was cute.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141746 on: September 28, 2014, 03:29:50 pm »

The only way to play Monopoly is to forbid rent until a property has buildings on it (which you are allowed to do before you have all the properties, unless it's a hotel.) Otherwise, the person who remembers that houses and hotels exist eats everybody's money while everybody else gets tortured by forces beyond their comprehension; this way, they have to build them to earn any money.
Uh, the person that remembers houses and hotels exist will still make the money.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141747 on: September 28, 2014, 03:31:39 pm »

Uh, the person that remembers houses and hotels exist will still make the money.
So does the other person, if you play this way. Everything is equalized.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141748 on: September 28, 2014, 03:34:32 pm »

So does the other person, if you play this way. Everything is equalized.
I'm not sure I'm understanding.
This doesn't stop you from building at all.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141749 on: September 28, 2014, 03:35:16 pm »

It forces everybody to build.
Pages: 1 ... 9448 9449 [9450] 9451 9452 ... 13311