Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9468 9469 [9470] 9471 9472 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14559034 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #142035 on: October 02, 2014, 03:09:27 am »

MZ, what do you know about headsets? Got any recommendations?

I play with $65 Turtle Beaches. Very comfortable, built in mic, excellent audio, have been using them for months now with no perceivable degradation. One of the better choices if you have money to drop on them.

Of course, there's much cheaper headsets + mics out there, but I can't recommend being a flintskinned miser.
Where did you get them for $65? I see Turtle Beach headsets at the local gaming stores, and they're easily $95+ for the cheaper models. Some are much higher.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142036 on: October 02, 2014, 03:11:57 am »

MZ, what do you know about headsets? Got any recommendations?

I play with $65 Turtle Beaches. Very comfortable, built in mic, excellent audio, have been using them for months now with no perceivable degradation. One of the better choices if you have money to drop on them.

Of course, there's much cheaper headsets + mics out there, but I can't recommend being a flintskinned miser.
Where did you get them for $65? I see Turtle Beach headsets at the local gaming stores, and they're easily $95+ for the cheaper models. Some are much higher.

I got'em at best buy, but honestly they were the cheapest model they had. So much for not being a miser :P

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #142037 on: October 02, 2014, 03:17:15 am »

I use virtually the same thing, been running a $40 turtle beach headset (here. Been working great for like 3 years now, and I'm only just now starting to have a few tiny problems with the swivel mount on the left ear (not the sound/cable, the actual swivel connection sometimes gets a bit sticky).

If you can't find them at your nearby gaming stores I suggest you check the turtle beach website, they've got some stuff that is all of the way down around $25, though obviously it won't be as good as the more expensive stuff.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #142038 on: October 02, 2014, 03:48:35 am »

It's a shame none of these companies operate in the Zee Lands. I want a new headset, but shops here only stock crappy ones.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142039 on: October 02, 2014, 04:37:31 am »

After being introduced to it by One F Jef, I finally caved and bought the game "Bridge-it+". I did this for one express purpose: to make the dumbest, stupidest, most retarded, and yet still functioning bridges. I'm off to a great start already.

The first tutorial level, building a bridge:

http://imgur.com/v8ecpJA

That picture doesn't do it justice, I've already outdone myself. The hinges between each of the road segments causes all the motion from one side to transfer to the other, and then back again. It's magnificent to watch, as the bridge wildly slinks back and forth like it's doing the worm, the little cars still manage to navigate across it and I score a pass on the first tutorial level.

The second tutorial level, using cables and suspension wires:

http://imgur.com/fpkNQnX

I honestly didn't even want to put the two cables on top to suspend the middle section, but the fatass train necessitated as it would otherwise crush the precariously placed house of cards that I've built this bridge in the likeness of. The train makes two passes, going east and then back west, and I score a pass as it lurches and groans painfully over my suspended pyramid.

There's still one more tutorial mission, where it explains how to operate hydraulics in order to create a drawbridge. This is gonna be fun, I'll report back once I figure out how to break it over my knee.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #142040 on: October 02, 2014, 05:21:49 am »

Listening to Iced Earth's Dark Saga album. been a while since I listened to Iced Earth, forgot how awesome they are. Dem rhythm guitar riffs.

Iced Earth is pretty great Audiosurf material, as I've re-discovered tonight.  Their guitar riff style is pretty much the best out of anybody ever.  The Something Wicked albums are my favorite.  Great musical storytelling, and they just nailed a certain feel to the music that I can't describe as anything but epic.  You can just feel the 'hate and desperation-fueled plans for vengeance simmering patiently beneath the roots of all human history' vibes.

Something Wicked albums (at least Framing Armageddon and Crucible of Man) seem to have a lot of Egyptian music influence. That may be the "feel" you're describing.

I think Schaffer's rhythms are what makes the whole thing click with Iced Earth. Fast riffs that keep a beat and have just enough melody to flow with the lead guitar well. Also they regularly use E minor tunings for the guitars, so the whole song can sound just slightly "off" from most music, which uses standard tuning, or at least major tunings.

Anyway, yeah, they're great stuff.

E minor tuning? Eh? You mean like open-E-minor or...?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #142041 on: October 02, 2014, 05:43:14 am »

Just watched Anchorman.

Steve Carell <3

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142042 on: October 02, 2014, 07:13:33 am »

Rather than clutter up the happy thread, I think I'll start up a Let's Play in the appropriate subforum:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=144384.0

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #142043 on: October 02, 2014, 07:21:50 am »

JoshuaFH in happy thread \o/

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142044 on: October 02, 2014, 07:35:00 am »

None of my headphones last for longer than a few months. Even those €50 ones I got last year. So I just keep buying cheap ones that last just as long.

Of course, reality has seen through my ploy and decided to wreck my phone's audio port instead.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142045 on: October 02, 2014, 08:25:17 am »

Get some Sennheiser ones. I've had the HD 25-1 II for about three years, and only now are the wires starting to lose their insulation. The sound is great, and all parts can be replaced individually - the only downside is the price tag of 150€.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #142047 on: October 02, 2014, 08:39:23 am »

I just started watching JourneyQuest. This is the most hilarious thing I've seen in ages. The whole thing.

"Oh, go ahead! You'll just die in the next room anyway."

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142048 on: October 02, 2014, 08:41:48 am »

That would be €150 that would last for an estimated 6 weeks.
Dude, I used to have the same problem, but these are indestructible! Also, they're over-ears, so not nearly as flimsy as in-ear headphones.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142049 on: October 02, 2014, 08:44:38 am »

Over-ears? I can't use those, people will notice when I wear them during a lecture.

Shit, I'll just get a bluetooth device.
Pages: 1 ... 9468 9469 [9470] 9471 9472 ... 13312