Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9469 9470 [9471] 9472 9473 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14562144 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #142050 on: October 02, 2014, 08:45:29 am »

Just finished making a 967-word Ancient Greek Anki deck out of J. R. Cheadle's Basic Greek Vocabulary.

feelsgoodman.jpg
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 08:47:41 am by FearfulJesuit »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142051 on: October 02, 2014, 08:47:47 am »

Aren't there some funky experimental headphones that attach not to your ear, but to the skull behind it? Sounds like you could use one of those.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #142052 on: October 02, 2014, 09:19:45 am »

My class somehow did best in the sports day exercises. And thus won sandwiches for the entire class! :D
I'm surprised we won, though. Although we did bribe some of the judges.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #142053 on: October 02, 2014, 09:38:11 am »

My class somehow did best in the sports day exercises. And thus won sandwiches for the entire class! :D
I'm surprised we won, though. Although we did bribe some of the judges.
HOHOHO~

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #142054 on: October 02, 2014, 10:28:54 am »

None of my headphones last for longer than a few months. Even those €50 ones I got last year. So I just keep buying cheap ones that last just as long.

Of course, reality has seen through my ploy and decided to wreck my phone's audio port instead.

How do they fail? Because it might be some kinda common factor about the way you use them that damages them. I know I did, I would keep them loose in my bag, which caused the cord to get damaged.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142055 on: October 02, 2014, 10:30:10 am »

Buds falling apart. Cables getting stuck on junk. Jacks braking.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142056 on: October 02, 2014, 10:34:45 am »

I got da sexy sexy Astro A50 headset.

They are... problematic. Dalby only, no DTS.
85% of cpu soundcards seem to be DTS.
Checkmate, corporate sponsorship.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142057 on: October 02, 2014, 10:43:04 am »

I've gotten to do a little bit of testing on the headsets in the store. Here's how I rank them:

1. Sennheiser (note that these aren't in my store, but I've worn a couple of pairs and they're phenomenal. The only companies I'd trust more with audio are Kramer and JBL, and they don't make headsets as far as I know. The only downside is that they're massively expensive.)
2. Polk Audio
3. Tritton
4. Astro
5. Sony
6. Turtle Beach
7. Microsoft

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142058 on: October 02, 2014, 10:54:44 am »

I forgot my lunch to work today. I was prepared to go hungry, then my supervisor offers my Jambalaya from a crock pot in her office. She had a meeting with our field guys today and keeps in their good books by feeding them when she has to drag them in, but there were leftovers. Jackpot!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142059 on: October 02, 2014, 11:08:03 am »

Thanks for all the headset information, guys. I've been thinking about buying a set for gaming and streaming, but since they tend to be a bit on the pricy side I don't want to make a bad choice and waste money :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #142060 on: October 02, 2014, 01:24:26 pm »

There was what appears to be a local band playing out on campus. Got to chill and listen to them while eating lunch. It was a pretty cool setup, they had a singer/keyboardist, singer/guitarist, a singer/trombonist(tromboner?), and a drummer and a bassist using a cello. Their musical style varied between indie jazzy surfie sorta rock with rock vocals and groovy rapping vocals.

Got their album for five bucks too. 13 songs on it, for five bucks, and directly supporting a local band. Aww yuss, pretty great deal.

Thanks for all the headset information, guys. I've been thinking about buying a set for gaming and streaming, but since they tend to be a bit on the pricy side I don't want to make a bad choice and waste money :P
Huh. You stream? Like, twitch streaming? I was thinking of trying some streaming. We should make a bay12 stream thread or something.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142061 on: October 02, 2014, 01:28:03 pm »

Trombonist thankyouverymuch. You get enough "tromboner hehe" jokes as is. Seriously people.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142062 on: October 02, 2014, 01:28:36 pm »

Huh. You stream? Like, twitch streaming? I was thinking of trying some streaming. We should make a bay12 stream thread or something.
Yes, twitch streaming. Not as often as I'd sometimes like :P

Partly because of the no-headset thing, which forces me to use text chat if I want to interact with viewers (when I have any and if they're talkative, that is). Also because I'm never sure what to play.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142063 on: October 02, 2014, 01:32:02 pm »

I'm not really sure how to transfer the wording of this sentiment to one applicable to Bay12 style forums, but not every thread has to become a general. There might be a want for a thread to discuss the topic for a few weeks or months then it'll die down and disappear. Doesn't mean it wasn't worth making the thread at all just because it won't last forever.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #142064 on: October 02, 2014, 01:38:46 pm »

I'm not really sure how to transfer the wording of this sentiment to one applicable to Bay12 style forums, but not every thread has to become a general. There might be a want for a thread to discuss the topic for a few weeks or months then it'll die down and disappear. Doesn't mean it wasn't worth making the thread at all just because it won't last forever.
I was thinking of it as a thread for any bay12ers who stream or are interested in streaming to have at least one place to go to. Streaming without any viewers defeats the purpose of streaming, y'know. It doesn't have to become this huge megathread or anything.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 9469 9470 [9471] 9472 9473 ... 13312