Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10029 10030 [10031] 10032 10033 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14646005 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: [くコ:彡] Hibari and the excitable squid (Happy thread)
« Reply #150450 on: January 19, 2015, 12:58:09 am »

Eh... I basically am a roleplay persona, at least when I'm online.
Which is always.
Look, I may not be happy being the real me, but I get such joy being the litterally-thrice-as-old-as-the-universe flabort, with his infinite wisdom and unlimited power, that it makes being the real me worth it. Because only the real me could come up with that character, so I know he's not a bad dude, he's actually pretty cool. Which makes me happy in both personas.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #150451 on: January 19, 2015, 01:00:40 am »

What does that make this? Not advertising, this is an honest question.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #150452 on: January 19, 2015, 01:18:54 am »

Why do all these IF-type games make me want to bawl into a pillow? First it was Always Sometimes Monsters, and then Choice of Robots? It didn't help that my robot was basically a surgical equivalent of Baymax.

"I'll miss you, Sensei."
I'll miss you too, Miku.
;~;
* Allee curls up and cries
* Tiruin pats and hugs.
Baymax... :'(
Are you satisfied with your care?
A heart still beats when it's filled up with air.

Posting from the sad thread.
The link is nice [and yay public PC for running this!]
I know that guy, by the way. I like to brag about it by saying that I know a rockstar.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #150453 on: January 19, 2015, 01:48:46 am »

What I like about that song is the heart full of air part. It is not a good idea to inflate hearts with air. Doesn't work very well.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #150454 on: January 19, 2015, 01:53:50 am »

Which is always.
Look, I may not be happy being the real me, but I get such joy being the litterally-thrice-as-old-as-the-universe flabort, with his infinite wisdom and unlimited power, that it makes being the real me worth it. Because only the real me could come up with that character, so I know he's not a bad dude, he's actually pretty cool. Which makes me happy in both personas.
I feel like this a lot. Sometimes it feels like (Ok, it always feels like) the person I am on the internet is moreso my "real" personality than the one I use in real life.
Here, I make jokes, have fun, and let my creativity out. It's awesome. And I have truly awesome people to share that with. People I can actually call friends, and have it feel more accurate than the people I've called friends in real life.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #150455 on: January 19, 2015, 02:00:06 am »

Which is always.
I feel like this a lot. Sometimes it feels like (Ok, it always feels like) the person I am on the internet is moreso my "real" personality than the one I use in real life.
Here, I make jokes, have fun, and let my creativity out. It's awesome. And I have truly awesome people to share that with. People I can actually call friends, and have it feel more accurate than the people I've called friends in real life.
Who you are online reflects a personality that you are in reality--there are either inhibitions to it showing, or the environment has factors towards which modify its manifestation.
...By that, I mean you are who you are. Showing a part of yourself in each area present, but all are not isolated and work together.
It's like a venn diagram!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150456 on: January 19, 2015, 02:03:07 am »

Which is always.
Who you are online reflects a personality that you are in reality--there are either inhibitions to it showing, or the environment has factors towards which modify its manifestation.
...By that, I mean you are who you are. Showing a part of yourself in each area present, but all are not isolated and work together.
It's like a venn diagram!
Well, there's certainly fewer (negative) forces affecting the way I act when I'm on the Internet, which is why it feels more genuine. But yeah, I know what you mean. I'm not faking who I am. :P
The Derail Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #150457 on: January 19, 2015, 02:04:53 am »

How is that like a Venn diagram? O-o

Also, its really hard to usey phone with my dog lying on my chest rubbing her head all over my face. So fluffy and cute but annoying
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #150458 on: January 19, 2015, 02:06:38 am »

Try that when the dog's 110 pounds.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150459 on: January 19, 2015, 02:07:25 am »

How is that like a Venn diagram? O-o
*Draws two circles that overlap*

*Writes "The way I act on the internet" on one circle*

*Writes "The way I act in real life" on the other circle*

*Points to the part in the middle*

*Draws a circle that encompasses the entirety of the picture and labels it "My Personality"*

Does that help? :P
The Derail Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #150460 on: January 19, 2015, 02:10:02 am »

Sure, sure... I should sleep.
I make Spellcrafts!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #150461 on: January 19, 2015, 02:23:22 am »

Happy: Used technical knowledge to...err 'increase' the output of speakers and our volume by playing around with the enhancements.
Finally everyone can hear these things due to the originally deafened audio. \o/

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150462 on: January 19, 2015, 02:27:47 am »

Happy: Used technical knowledge to...err 'increase' the output of speakers and our volume by playing around with the enhancements.
Finally everyone can hear these things due to the originally deafened audio. \o/
And I always have problems with speakers being too loud :P
Good job!
The Derail Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150463 on: January 19, 2015, 02:28:29 am »

Equalizer usage level up?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: [??:?] Hibari and the excitable squid (Happy thread)
« Reply #150464 on: January 19, 2015, 02:43:51 am »

I done napped.
I done napped most vigorously.

Re: Internet and personality; that's interesting to think about. I am quite... well, okay, cripplingly shy in Real Life; riddled with social anxiety and lacking in people skills.
Funny thing is, I am still a bit shy on the internet, but the good thing is that I don't have to rely on actual people skills. I don't have to worry about stumbling over my words, there are no awkward silences to try and fill, just what I type and the post button. Oh, and I can use an avatar and signature instead of fretting about my physical appearance. It's nice. I'm long past the unhealthy days where I would treat internet interactions as a complete replacement for meatspace ones, but they're still nice.

...Is this an unsightly wall of text? I hope not. Apologies if it is, it's hard to tell on my phone.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 10029 10030 [10031] 10032 10033 ... 13312