Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10130 10131 [10132] 10133 10134 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14679433 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: [Pan paka pan~] Atagos soft fuel tanks return (Happy thread!!!)
« Reply #151965 on: February 06, 2015, 10:58:00 am »

That feeling when you walk into the kitchen you recently deep-cleaned and look upon the pristine surfaces untainted by the filth of the ever-encroaching entropy. When you remember the heroic struggle against the dirt, the slime, the fungus, the lime, the creepy half-rotten food remains lurking in nooks and crannies.  Against the multitude of indeterminate organic substances you long suspected of harbouring alien intelligence.

When you remember the sharp pangs of pain in your tired muscles and the horrible mind-numbing fetor of all the chemical ordnance brought to bear on that fateful day when you took a stand. When in your mind's eye you can still see your shrivelled fingertips scraping against the accumulated black goo so entrenched, defiant and ubiquitous that it took all your will to maintain your faltering resolve.

That feeling when the sun gently caresses the once-forgotten whiteness of the tiles. When you marvel at the improbable heights of cleanliness an object can achieve.

It brings a weary smile to your face as you remember the dreadful sacrifices you've made and acknowledge how they were a price worth paying.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151966 on: February 06, 2015, 11:12:38 am »

Then your roommates TRASH. THAT. SHIT.

Speaking of things being trashed, Vector talking about how her eloquence has been deteriorating because of this place has gotten me thinking.
It's a pretty sad idea really.

P.P.S: Watching Band of Brothers again.
This is gonna be a tradition for the rest of my life, and I'm damn proud.
(I did not really like the pacific)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 11:14:56 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #151967 on: February 06, 2015, 12:29:16 pm »

How terrifying is it that I consider Bay12 a major factor in keeping my eloquence as high as it is? Whether it's terrifying because that's such a pitiful level of eloquence, or because the Internet is having a positive effect on it, I don't know.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #151968 on: February 06, 2015, 12:59:44 pm »

this
I always wondered why America has this weird fascination with the states. I can't even imagine how strange (and pointless) it would be to have to sing a song about all the provinces in NZ.
Because the formation of the state of the U.S.A. came about after the formation of the states which composed it. The founding states were essentially independent polities which allied for a common cause. Keep in mind that the fledgling U.S. spend more than a decade effectively without a national government while operating under the Articles of Confederation. Likewise, it's still a very young country, and is also a very large country, which strengthens parochialism. Even under the Constitution there is still a very strong boundary between powers granted to the federal government and powers left to the states. This is why federalism and decentralization of power are such big things for the U.S. We've effectively got at least four or five different effective nations (in the political sense) which are tied together primarily by tradition and federal authority.

An incredibly abbreviated description of U.S. federalism and the origin of silly songs.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151969 on: February 06, 2015, 01:26:29 pm »

Just got a free copy of Dying Light. Working at GameStop isn't all bad.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #151970 on: February 06, 2015, 02:10:17 pm »

this
I always wondered why America has this weird fascination with the states. I can't even imagine how strange (and pointless) it would be to have to sing a song about all the provinces in NZ.
I've always seen it mainly as a matter of size and population. Consider the fact that something like a fifth of the states are just as big or larger than all of NZ, and over half of them have more population than all of NZ. As such on a purely population/area basis us singing songs about our state is roughly equivalent to you singing songs about your entire country. You singing songs about your provinces would be about the same as us singing about our counties, which I assure you, we do not (or at least not usually :P).

The example I normally use is a bit more Europe focused. Our states can, and often do, have differences as present as any of those between the different countries in the European Union (excluding language for the most part). Thus our singing about their differences/strengths would be around the same as them singing about their individual countries. To carry the metaphor of the USA as the EU, we would just focus mainly on our identity as members of the European Union first, and individual countries second, instead of the other way around.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #151971 on: February 06, 2015, 02:38:56 pm »

Haircut! :D
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151972 on: February 06, 2015, 02:39:29 pm »

Booooo!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151973 on: February 06, 2015, 02:43:16 pm »

Got my first job, as designing someones entire home. I'm not even out of high school yet either! :D
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151974 on: February 06, 2015, 02:48:35 pm »

Yeah, yeah, long hair all the way. But I seriously needed one.

Now, to find something to do.

[flop]
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151975 on: February 06, 2015, 02:49:53 pm »

Got my first job, as designing someones entire home. I'm not even out of high school yet either! :D
does one not need like, an architectural degree or something to design approvable building plans? Actually curious.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151976 on: February 06, 2015, 02:52:42 pm »

To stamp them, yes you need a engineering degree form the proper field. What I'm doing is making a "Artisic Rendition" of a proper home, sure there's all the dimesions and engineering on there, but as long as someone stamps it it's legal.

Edit: I should add this quite common when designing a home, also never buy blueprints from online there mostly shit.
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151977 on: February 06, 2015, 02:55:13 pm »

To stamp them, yes you need a engineering degree form the proper field. What I'm doing is making a "Artisic Rendition" of a proper home, sure there's all the dimesions and engineering on there, but as long as someone stamps it it's legal.

Edit: I should add this quite common when designing a home, also never buy blueprints from online there mostly shit.
Ahh, that makes sense. Anyways, that sounds awesome! Good luck! Also, include secret doors/rooms/passageways.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151978 on: February 06, 2015, 02:57:33 pm »

Only if the client asks, mabye. ;D

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151979 on: February 06, 2015, 03:09:26 pm »

Carve the words Bay12 into something. Maybe in a secret basement. Years later, they will know of us. And they will fear.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
Pages: 1 ... 10130 10131 [10132] 10133 10134 ... 13312