Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10204 10205 [10206] 10207 10208 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14618072 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: [Pan paka pan~] Atagos soft fuel tanks return (Happy thread!!!)
« Reply #153075 on: February 24, 2015, 01:39:50 pm »

Basically just aced Mysticism: Asia exam, only mixed up like three little things in all of the many yoga definitions that we were required to know. :))
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153076 on: February 24, 2015, 01:54:39 pm »

Welp, I guess that's not happening considering that there's already someone called Dark around here.
Oh well, I'll just stick with what I have then.
(although I was considering the idea of changing my username to my first name because it's cool but eh, dunno, I'll think about it.)

In other news, it's funny how I've learned how to use XML without even realizing it when I was working on a LackeyCCG game some months back. Another thing to add to my "list of IT skills people consider redundant but will then cry and ask me for help with when they won't be able to figure it out themselves".
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 01:57:50 pm by DarkDXZ »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153077 on: February 24, 2015, 01:57:26 pm »

Good - I hate it when people change names. Creates wayyyyyy too much hassle and confusion.

Plus it perpetuates the idea that names mean anything.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #153078 on: February 24, 2015, 02:03:40 pm »

M'kay, PM sent. Now I'm just gonna sit somewhere and play the waiting game.
I'm more stressed about this than I need to, but that's me in a nutshell. I get stressed and anxious about all the small things.

(and my new avatar is like perfect for this situation)
Chill, DXZ. Meditate on the chill composure that is the mantra of B12.
That, and you should be exposed to much more stuffs :> It helps get over the nervousness that is the cloistered shell. Exposure!
And Support!

Also Caroline, I recall your name by heart x3 Well, the other C, anyway--not your first username here. Because friends and stuffs. :P
As I believe many other people recall your name.

PPE: You could suggest changing it to a name which nobody else has taken (hint: Use the Members section and search the names there). :3
Plus it perpetuates the idea that names mean anything.
Yes, it does. Personal value and identity.

Happy: Literary ideas and artistic imagery.
...Somehow these usually come in the early hours in the morning--coinciding with what I've noticed are 'really good dreams, vivid and filled with adventure and detail'...early in the morning again. <__<
I'm wondering if I'm a night-person.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 02:05:28 pm by Tiruin »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #153079 on: February 24, 2015, 02:07:35 pm »

Happy: Literary ideas and artistic imagery.
...Somehow these usually come in the early hours in the morning--coinciding with what I've noticed are 'really good dreams, vivid and filled with adventure and detail'...early in the morning again. <__<
I'm wondering if I'm a night-person.
If I recall, it's fairly typical that the most intense ones are late in the sleeping. Possibly related to that WILD-thing.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #153080 on: February 24, 2015, 02:08:21 pm »

Isn't it because it takes a while to get into the REM phase, which is when you dream vividly?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153081 on: February 24, 2015, 02:11:14 pm »

Isn't it because it takes a while to get into the REM phase, which is when you dream vividly?
Yeah, that and the fact that as you go through more and more REM cycles the cycles gets shorter (meaning there is more periods of REM sleep) and the actual REM part of the cycle gets longer (meaning you get more dream time).
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153082 on: February 24, 2015, 02:12:56 pm »

Not sure...
I notice I get extremely spectacular dreams during the hours of ~6-9am.
By that, I mean extremely vivid, in that I can imagine a whole symphony of music and color and sound and shape, and it meshes together.
Though come to think of it, I could also do the same just before going into sleep--imagining a calm melody with a few instruments, and then those soon enough 'manifest' into 'real' music, 'just before' sleep.

All the quotation marks there ._. I need to brush up on terms.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153083 on: February 24, 2015, 02:16:50 pm »

Just saw a webcomic referencing Manopoly, whereupon competing buyers for a property compete through fisticuffs.
There is no possible way this game could be more destructive to a friendship. It's practically Risk.

I MUST ATTEMPT IT.

(For reference, I've been attempting to gather up some mancards lately because I feel that the city air is making me soft. Anyone in Canada feel like taking me High-stakes hunting?)
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #153084 on: February 24, 2015, 02:18:06 pm »

I say, old chap! There's no need for fisticuffs!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153085 on: February 24, 2015, 02:18:56 pm »

Just saw a webcomic referencing Manopoly, whereupon competing buyers for a property compete through fisticuffs.
There is no possible way this game could be more destructive to a friendship. It's practically Risk.
Yes but does it clear the Mario Party threshold? :P

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153086 on: February 24, 2015, 02:24:00 pm »

Hmm, I don't really do High-stakes hunting, I could hunt steaks though. I think there's a Keg not too far from me, I've heard good things. Although if I'm going out for a stupidly expensive meal I usually class it up, around here My favourite wallet destroyers are Absinthe (they do sell absinthe as well if you want to try it), and Wellington Gastropub.
Err, i think I got distracted by food.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153087 on: February 24, 2015, 02:27:49 pm »

I MUST ATTEMPT IT.
IIRC the original rules would allow such a thing...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153088 on: February 24, 2015, 03:09:25 pm »

Also Caroline, I recall your name by heart x3 Well, the other C, anyway--not your first username here. Because friends and stuffs. :P
As I believe many other people recall your name.
It might be my sleepy brain, but this confused me slightly. I've only used two usernames here, I'm pretty sure.
...Oh.
I do recall you made a post longbefore saying stuff (I think in the WTF thread) about how you reflected on your 'past me' and your 'present me' and that you were glad that people put up with you, that you're happier and better now, and such and such, and a probably unclear reference to a past username you've used before the one you used before now.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #153089 on: February 24, 2015, 03:19:12 pm »

Can't you just ask Toady to change your name?

I guess I can try at least. I'm usually pretty shy with asking for things, but I guess it's better on the Internet than if I were to take the lift to the final floor and knock on the CEO's door (because let's face it, the idea of Bay 12 being a giant skyscraper office just sounds awesome)...
...Oh god, that does sound cool.
Personally, I always thought of it as a massive town. Or a fort.
Actually, if I can find my SimCity 4 disk, maybe I'll make Bay12ville...Hmm.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 10204 10205 [10206] 10207 10208 ... 13312