Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10269 10270 [10271] 10272 10273 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14549609 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Honestly, I kind of wish Americans would stop going to most colleges.  Tuition is so damn high because no matter how high they set it, people will still pay.
That's true of any country, although in some it's the government that pays.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:21:14 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

And then there are the many nations that pay the whole of your college if you have good enough grades to begin with, and the one that just has free college.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Student loans are not nearly as crippling in NZ as they are in the US doe to the low repayment rates and lack of interest. Australia has it even better, annoyingly enough.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

At least you don't have to put up with us Australians.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Eh. At least you can connect it to the happiness that sooner or later the system will fall apart.

But it won't be the people who were involved in the system that get punished for it, just like in '08.

Sure they will. The generation that popularized the idea that everyone should go to university will be hitting retirement age, and the people who would have been paying their Social Security checks are going to be unemployed or working shit jobs for shit pay and not paying enough into the system.

'cept for the fact they won't really need social security, given they'd have massive amounts of coins from tax evasion avoidance ('cause they're not similes when it comes to the fucking law, apparently) or all the shares in the banks that are too big to fail. /cynicism

You're missing your target there. There are "universities" that are run as profitable institutions. State unis aren't among them. Contrary to popular belief, not everything bad is a conspiracy cunningly orchestrated by a cabal of the super-rich, and acting as if it were doesn't help people working to fight corruption where it genuinely exists. The systemic problems with U.S. universities are due to a combination of mismanagement, poor and often incoherent federal and state fiscal policy, a population unwilling to accept taxation for the benefits it demands, and a generation of people who, after seeing their own (at the time unusual) college degrees lead them to success, decided that everyone should get a degree, thus making it as if nobody had.

Among other things. The profiteering off of student loans I'll grant you. Heh. Grant. Get it, 'cause nobody gets those any more. :I

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I get a grant... Its just nowhere near covering the expenses.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile

On the other hand, NZ folk have to put up with... NZ :P
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Hrm.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

Got the best possible grade for my 'internship' (the tutorium I held). It may have helped that in my report I mentioned that the visit to the Christmas Market (and subsequent consumption of quite a bit of mulled wine) had 'a rather non-subject specific focus'.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

Hrm.
Don't worry, OW. I still love you.
As long as there's no pulp. If there is, get out.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

Loving an orange must be painful with all that citric acid.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

I meant like
friend-love

but yeah probably
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

Finally got caught up in RE:Monster EX Quest.  There is happiness and headpats.

But now I am sad, because I have to wait for the new episodes to come out.  In the meantime, it does have parts that I kind of want to salvage for a game.  Namely the Pass+ / Fail+ system.  Hrm...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 02:54:01 pm by Karkov »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Loving an orange must be painful with all that citric acid.
You're supposed to use a grapefruit.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 10269 10270 [10271] 10272 10273 ... 13312