Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10405 10406 [10407] 10408 10409 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14553312 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

I feel like I've had to explain the song of half time to at least a dozen people.

If they're too silly to get chummy with random scarecrows, they've brought it upon themselves.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Well, there's also the issue of turning the wilderness into the playground of the rich, perpetuating class differences and such.
I don't think any worker is hurt by letting rich people hunt elephants in faraway countries...
I think he meant propagating class differences in Zimbabwe. You know, with large chunks of the country turned into hunting grounds for Great White Hunters from rich countries.
Yes. But again, the issue's a lot more complicated than "animal-murdering hunters" or "imperialist whiteys" or "bleeding-heart activists"

I'm given to understand that it's specifically an issue with double-standards: work in Africa to stop poaching is undermined by giving foreigners free reign to (as far as people are concerned) come in and shoot the animals that they're being told not to shoot.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile

Wow, all this serious stuff. .n.

I managed to snag a Dratini through Global Trading, which is ridiculously hard. On the downside, I get to walk yet another Dragon type through it's evolution chain. After that, there's a Pupitar I need to evolve.

Yay for evolving Dragon types.
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile

first two battles, and only four casualties so far. Playing smart with the aiming angles second wave option is the way to go.

(XCOM Long War, I am doing this instead of studying apparently who knew tac battles took 40 fucking minutes)

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile

I just survived my first base invasion in the original UFO Enemy Unknown (OpenXCom technically because I wanted to fix the game's many bugs) on veteran difficulty!

Lost 10 soldiers when Cryssalids ran out and took a few corridors (first time dealing with them, damn those bastards are deadly), but I managed to pull through by setting up over watch traps and taking the zombies and resultant Cryssalids to pieces as they approached. Now I'm researching a few blaster launchers that snake men brought to said invasion, so I'm about to have a lot of fun blowing aliens to hell!
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

I just drove out at nearly midnight to pick up mass-produced brownies, and also cherry ice cream, which I have combined in a bowl and will proceed to eat while watching my Japanese animes. Hedonism has won out over dignity tonight, and at this moment, I am completely okay with that.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

okay so I was testing stuff in adventure mode for the DBZ mod. I went to go defeat a titan; I couldn't hurt it much and it set me on fire, so I figured I was going to die. Knowing this, I decided to see if my ki system worked by putting all of my ki into my next attack, hoping to get a shot in that would kill the titan.

It did.

That works.

Yay!

(on the other hand cell in this world was killed by a giant sparrow)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:56:56 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

My copy of In Order of Disappearance on DVD arrived today! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Groupmate accompanied me. We ate lunch together. (Ok, I ate lunch. They waited.)
Yay companionship.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Groupmate accompanied me. We ate lunch together. (Ok, I ate lunch. They waited.)
Yay companionship.
Yay lunch.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tore up the old carpet in the basement yesterday and got the new cork flooring in. It looks great, I am so much of the all of the happy about it. That was the piece of the puzzle needed to get the rest of the house organized, and begin the final stages of getting my nerd-cave up and running.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 10:27:28 am by penguinofhonor »

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

I'm twenty now! As I'm no longer a teenager, I expect I'll never do anything stupid or irresponsible again.

Also, I've suddenly hit the age when birthdays no longer really mean anything, since I'll turn 21 in Russia, so I effectively hit the drinking age in late August of this year. Yayyyy.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 10:27:33 am by penguinofhonor »
Pages: 1 ... 10405 10406 [10407] 10408 10409 ... 13312