Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10409 10410 [10411] 10412 10413 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14544640 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

In NZ most people don't need to do taxes at all. It's all handled by the employer, usually. Which is great because I then don't have to remember to file a tax thingy.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 01:10:56 am by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Not in Canada. End of the month.
Oh thank goodness. I was thinking that a visit from the IRS would probably not be considered happy for anyone :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Listening to some old-timey, ragtime-y jazz. Pure bliss.
I never realised this band had a bunch of studio recordings, but they do. Listening to their most recent one and it is brilliant. ^-^
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:55:49 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Yeah, I know you can file for an extension. But since Levi didn't mention anything about that I got worried :P

TurboTax is pretty handy, I used it myself. Even got to put some of my refund towards charitable purposes :>
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I recently can has nice message sent from nice friend.
I now is happies. Yay kind words! :D
Aaaand being silly, too.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

All of our tax OUT gets handled automatically, then at tax time we have to send in a return.
Meaning that we basically pay a lot of taxes through the year and then try to claim it all back at taxtime.
= lots money.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

All of our tax OUT gets handled automatically, then at tax time we have to send in a return.
Meaning that we basically pay a lot of taxes through the year and then try to claim it all back at taxtime.
= lots money.
Okay, I see. You can claim tax refunds here too, but you can do it whenever and it covers the past five or so years. We just don't have to send in a return unless you're a company or have non-employment income.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Got a reply from the UK. Slowly but surely things are moving
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not in Canada. End of the month.
Oh, crap, I should probably get on that....... *grumble grumble*

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Filing taxes with pen and paper builds character.

Finishing the forms months ahead of time relieves stress.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

Insanity is, indeed, a character trait.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile

Right now it is 1 AM. As I type this, I am writing a chinese essay and have another 3 programming assignments due tomorrow. Yet, as I sit here downing cup after cup of tea from a tea bag so used it's probably water already, I feel this inexplicable happiness. Just happiness, not even caring that I'm probably screwed tomorrow. Just. So. Happy!
I do stuff, I guess

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile

I did that the first two times I did taxes.  It took FOREVER.   :P  So I started using TurboTax, which was so much easier.  This year I tried https://simpletax.ca/, and loved it(its even free to use, pay by donation).  It gets rid of all the annoying spammy advertising and does everything on just one page instead of a 36 step process.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Thank you very much, TurboTax, for saving my bacon.
Every goddamn year, this. Except bacon is getting a bit expensive.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 10409 10410 [10411] 10412 10413 ... 13312